RESOLVED Lucid App showing wrong EA station

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Has anyone seen this occur yet? I had it happen tree times on this trip including yesterday and today. Quite frankly, I am beyond frustrated with this. I will plug into an EA station. It wants me to authenticate through the app. I open the Lucid app and the EA station which pops up is the last one I charged at so I can’t authenticate. The connection eventually fails. It doesn’t matter which unit or plug as I have tried multiples when this happens. I have to spend an hour or two on the phone each time to eventually get EA to remote start the charge. Again, it is beyond frustrating and I believe it to be a Lucid App issue. The first time it happened, Lucid had me uninstall and reinstall the app. However, my wifi signal was not strong enough to download the app from that location. We had a 3-way call with EA and they were eventually able to remote start. Yesterday, I spent three hours in Round Rock, Texas in the 100+ degree heat for two hours with EA and trying 6 plugs on three different stations before I got it remote started. Reinstalling the App did correct the previous station from showing up. However, no station showed up for me to authenticate. Just completely hot, tired and frazzled after all of that. Ditto on the issue today. App shows my previous station at the authentication step. uninstalling and installing the app now gave no EA stations showing, so authentication was not possible.

Today, I called Lucid customer service today after EA finally got the charge started and told them about the issue. They said they had not heard of this happening. I told them to go back and check my previous call. It really needs to be fixed as this is completely unacceptable for the App to not correctly identify the EA station I am at so I can authenticate. Again, beyond frustrating

Has anyone seen this occur yet? I had it happen tree times on this trip including yesterday and today. Quite frankly, I am beyond frustrated with this. I will plug into an EA station. It wants me to authenticate through the app. I open the Lucid app and the EA station which pops up is the last one I charged at so I can’t authenticate. The connection eventually fails. It doesn’t matter which unit or plug as I have tried multiples when this happens. I have to spend an hour or two on the phone each time to eventually get EA to remote start the charge. Again, it is beyond frustrating and I believe it to be a Lucid App issue. The first time it happened, Lucid had me uninstall and reinstall the app. However, my wifi signal was not strong enough to download the app from that location. We had a 3-way call with EA and they were eventually able to remote start. Yesterday, I spent three hours in Round Rock, Texas in the 100+ degree heat for two hours with EA and trying 6 plugs on three different stations before I got it remote started. Reinstalling the App did correct the previous station from showing up. However, no station showed up for me to authenticate. Just completely hot, tired and frazzled after all of that. Ditto on the issue today. App shows my previous station at the authentication step. uninstalling and installing the app now gave no EA stations showing, so authentication was not possible.

Today, I called Lucid customer service today after EA finally got the charge started and told them about the issue. They said they had not heard of this happening. I told them to go back and check my previous call. It really needs to be fixed as this is completely unacceptable for the App to not correctly identify the EA station I am at so I can authenticate. Again, beyond frustrating
Something is wrong. It's a plug and charge protocol. It should be seamless.

Maybe Service Center can take a look at your car's hardware/firmware to make sure the plug and charge should work.

Since this thread hasn’t been closed out yet, I have something else I need to bitch about.

App Version 1.39.1 (2451), is behaving very strangely. On the charging page the app will not allow me to change charge level; it will not show me that my car is plugged in and charging, or time to go; it will not show me that charging is finished; when I press and hold on the car symbol to switch from percentage to miles, the miles displayed remains what is before charging started; this morning I’m getting a message along the lines of “not connected to server”, which goes away after a few minutes when the Lucid app connects with my home wifi.

I’ve exited the app, and I’ve shut down and restarted my iphone. Same glitchy, incorrect results.

Any other ideas?

Since this thread hasn’t been closed out yet, I have something else I need to bitch about.

App Version 1.39.1 (2451), is behaving very strangely. On the charging page the app will not allow me to change charge level; it will not show me that my car is plugged in and charging, or time to go; it will not show me that charging is finished; when I press and hold on the car symbol to switch from percentage to miles, the miles displayed remains what is before charging started; this morning I’m getting a message along the lines of “not connected to server”, which goes away after a few minutes when the Lucid app connects with my home wifi.

I’ve exited the app, and I’ve shut down and restarted my iphone. Same glitchy, incorrect results.

Any other ideas?
Uninstall and reinstall?

Is it possible to add the EA app to a Lucid Air Touring? I want to be able to find the EA chargers from my Touring navigation system.

Also, how do I get reimbursed for a "free" EA charge that started for 2 minutes then stopped. The only way to restart was to put in my credit card.

Is it possible to add the EA app to a Lucid Air Touring? I want to be able to find the EA chargers from my Touring navigation system.

Also, how do I get reimbursed for a "free" EA charge that started for 2 minutes then stopped. The only way to restart was to put in my credit card.
This functionality is already built in, when you start the navigation app (pull it down to the center panel display if needed) and select "charging" under search. It'll show stations around you, and available stations if applicable. You can filter this list to show EA chargers with xxxkw capacity if you want.

You shouldn't need to pay for EA if youre in the free trial, its supposed to negotatie with the car and your app automatically. If it fails you should plug in again or call the support number.

Email you charging receipt to customer care and they will reimburse you. They have done this for a few people in the past.

This has not been fixed, although after two days into a trip we now think we know the issue. Lucid customer service and I have been troubleshooting this since I left San Diego on Wednesday. For background, the issue I saw back in August reared its ugly head and instead of sporadic, it was consistent and predictable.

I always do a test charge before leaving on a trip since I had an issue of a PNC certificate turning off / deleted after an OTA update leading to the inability to authenticate a charge. So I went to the Ranch Penasquitos station in San Diego and got a charge before the trip. Everything was fine. Stopped in Yuma AZ for a top off and a bathroom break. EA asked to authenticate over the Lucid app. However, the EA station that appeared was the SanDiego station I charged over the weekend. A call to EA to remote start ensued. However, they could not remote start, the EA app was not working to pay for it. I finally had to pull out the credit card and pay for it as an “EA guest”. Called Lucid as I left after wasting an hour and told them of the issue. I then stopped in Dateland AZ for another pit stop and quick charge. Everything worked perfectly. The next time I needed a charge was in Benson AZ. Plugged in, EA asked to authenticate and Dateland, AZ showed up. I am saying, what the heck is going on. I’m not going to wait, but just authenticate and pay through the EA app. That charger was going slow and another station opened up, so I moved, Dateland showed up again, and just paid with the EA app again (although apparently EA recognized the car that time and did not bill me, just billed for the fist one).

All the while, I am on the phone with Lucid customer service telling them what is happening. They were going to follow up with me when I got to the next charge in Lordsburg. Of course when I get there and plug in, everything works perfectly. At this point, it is apparent that if I pay, the authentication works at the next station, but if I authenticate through the Lucid App, it will think I am still there the next time I charge. We said to follow up the next day.

The next day, I get to El Paso and sure enough, the Lucid app thinks I am in Lordsburg NM. I get on a three way with Lucid and EA saying I am just going to spend the two hours or more as necessary to figure this out. Apparantly, EA likes to authenticate using some manufacturer code that is in there software. Lucid authenticates using the VIN. Therein lies the problem with systems not recognizing how to authenticate. My next stop is Pecos TX. As expected, everything works fine. I next get to Midland where I will stay the night. Plug in, the Lucid app thinks I am in TX. I am sending a text back to customer care. Meanwhile, the car just started charging. Hmm. That is a new one. I get to about 80%, check in and customer care calls me back (Thannks Yama!) we go back to the charger to troubleshoot again. Of course it thinks I am in pecos and won’t charge. We finally. We finally delete the Lucid vehicle from the EA app wondering if that was causing issues. Plugged in, and it worked. Did not require authentication from the Lucid app so was true plug and charge. Im back this morning and it plugs and charge like magic!

Bottom line, if you are having issues, see if the Lucid is in the EA app as a vehicle. If so, delete It and see if it works. We think that was the issue, but time will tell on the rest of the trip.

Wow. Nice sleuthing. Thanks for the tip.

This has not been fixed, although after two days into a trip we now think we know the issue. Lucid customer service and I have been troubleshooting this since I left San Diego on Wednesday. For background, the issue I saw back in August reared its ugly head and instead of sporadic, it was consistent and predictable.

I always do a test charge before leaving on a trip since I had an issue of a PNC certificate turning off / deleted after an OTA update leading to the inability to authenticate a charge. So I went to the Ranch Penasquitos station in San Diego and got a charge before the trip. Everything was fine. Stopped in Yuma AZ for a top off and a bathroom break. EA asked to authenticate over the Lucid app. However, the EA station that appeared was the SanDiego station I charged over the weekend. A call to EA to remote start ensued. However, they could not remote start, the EA app was not working to pay for it. I finally had to pull out the credit card and pay for it as an “EA guest”. Called Lucid as I left after wasting an hour and told them of the issue. I then stopped in Dateland AZ for another pit stop and quick charge. Everything worked perfectly. The next time I needed a charge was in Benson AZ. Plugged in, EA asked to authenticate and Dateland, AZ showed up. I am saying, what the heck is going on. I’m not going to wait, but just authenticate and pay through the EA app. That charger was going slow and another station opened up, so I moved, Dateland showed up again, and just paid with the EA app again (although apparently EA recognized the car that time and did not bill me, just billed for the fist one).

All the while, I am on the phone with Lucid customer service telling them what is happening. They were going to follow up with me when I got to the next charge in Lordsburg. Of course when I get there and plug in, everything works perfectly. At this point, it is apparent that if I pay, the authentication works at the next station, but if I authenticate through the Lucid App, it will think I am still there the next time I charge. We said to follow up the next day.

The next day, I get to El Paso and sure enough, the Lucid app thinks I am in Lordsburg NM. I get on a three way with Lucid and EA saying I am just going to spend the two hours or more as necessary to figure this out. Apparantly, EA likes to authenticate using some manufacturer code that is in there software. Lucid authenticates using the VIN. Therein lies the problem with systems not recognizing how to authenticate. My next stop is Pecos TX. As expected, everything works fine. I next get to Midland where I will stay the night. Plug in, the Lucid app thinks I am in TX. I am sending a text back to customer care. Meanwhile, the car just started charging. Hmm. That is a new one. I get to about 80%, check in and customer care calls me back (Thannks Yama!) we go back to the charger to troubleshoot again. Of course it thinks I am in pecos and won’t charge. We finally. We finally delete the Lucid vehicle from the EA app wondering if that was causing issues. Plugged in, and it worked. Did not require authentication from the Lucid app so was true plug and charge. Im back this morning and it plugs and charge like magic!

Bottom line, if you are having issues, see if the Lucid is in the EA app as a vehicle. If so, delete It and see if it works. We think that was the issue, but time will tell on the rest of the trip.

Man, you’re hitting ALL the garden spots - Lordsburg, Pecos, Midland…

I’ve done that SAN to DFW drive six times in the last twenty four years. That stretch from El Paso to Weatherford is no fun.

Safe driving wherever you end up, and may the DCFC gods remain with you.

That’s a fantastic bug. Nice job figuring it out. I only my wife’s Ioniq listed in the EA app (since she gets 30 min free through EA) but have never listed the Lucid, so I haven’t run into that. Great job figuring that out

Spoke too soon thinking we had a fix. After three successful true plug and charge sessions, I tried to charge in Waco. It asks me to authenticate via the Lucid app. Again, the Lucid app STILL thinks I am in Pecos TX where I charged on Thursday. Finally had to pay with the EA app and add another to the long number of charges requiring reimbursement.

In Denton, we had a successful charge, but it took a couple of attempts. The first one wanted authorization and we, of course are still in Pecos according to Lucid. Other attempts finally worked on a plug and charge.

We returned to Round Rock and attempted to charge again. Charger asks for authentication with the app. Of course, again, Lucid thinks I am out in lovely west TX town of Pecos. Multiple attempts to charge with both the Lucid app and attempting to pay with the EA app all failed. Moved to a different charger and plug and play finally worked.

I have had it with this charging. I have another trip to the east coast in May scheduled. I don’t want to play Russian Rulette with the charging stations. So, unfortunately, it will not be with the Lucid, but rather with the Toyota Sienna. I can’t deal with this. Gas stations won’t take me a hour or two to fill the tank. When people now ask me how I like my Lucid, I honestly say I love the car but I can’t take it on a trip. Since I have a trusty Leaf as a local car at 20% of the cost, I would not recommend the Lucid and would never buy another until the charging is fixed. I also won’t charge it at home any more for a while. I still have 15 months of free charging. I will be charging around San Diego, getting a $1-2 reimbursement from Lucid and EA each time I have to pay to connect the car. I figure eventually someone at corporate will figure out they need to fix the f***ing problem.

I’m sorry Lucid, signing out.

Thanks for sharing this. I had a similar issue at the Scarborough ME EA station. The session did not automatically authenticate. The Lucid app asked to confirm the station, but only listed the four stalls 50 miles away in Kittery ME. EA customer service rebooted the charger, but issue repeated. They remotely initiated the session. I guess it was on EA, as I didn’t see the session in either the EA app or the Lucid app. My assumption was, EA had a configuration issue at the charger, which was incorrectly reporting its ID to the car. It who knows…. This sounds more systematic now with other folks encountering the problem…

I found out that EA uses a manufacturer code with other manufacturers to authenticate the free charging. They were asking for this code in my 3-way troubleshooting with Lucid and EA. That code is embedded in the EA app. Lucid does not authenticate that way, but rather uses the VIN in the Lucid app. Therein lies the problem. There is a disconnect with the authentication as both systems use a different method. That is why the ID4s, IONIQs and Kia’s don’t seem to have the authentication issues like we do. Lucid really needs to solve this in coordination with EA. I fault Lucid more than EA on this one.

I found out that EA uses a manufacturer code with other manufacturers to authenticate the free charging. They were asking for this code in my 3-way troubleshooting with Lucid and EA. That code is embedded in the EA app. Lucid does not authenticate that way, but rather uses the VIN in the Lucid app. Therein lies the problem. There is a disconnect with the authentication as both systems use a different method. That is why the ID4s, IONIQs and Kia’s don’t seem to have the authentication issues like we do. Lucid really needs to solve this in coordination with EA. I fault Lucid more than EA on this one.
Just so we’re on the same page - this seems to be an extremely rare occurrence. I do hope it gets fixed really quickly, but it isn’t common - I had never heard of it before this experience, and I’ve certainly never experienced it.

I know that doesn’t help you. I just wanted to put that out there so anyone else reading this doesn’t think it’s endemic to all Lucids.

Please keep us updated on how the fix goes.

Just so we’re on the same page - this seems to be an extremely rare occurrence. I do hope it gets fixed really quickly, but it isn’t common - I had never heard of it before this experience, and I’ve certainly never experienced it.
According to my customer care conversations, of which I have had many since Wednesday trying to troubleshoot this, they have had a lot of charging authentication errors, and they have been increasing lately. Calling EA can get you on the road, but that doesn’t inform Lucid and help them solve the problem which really needs to be coordinated between both parties. I have been able to give them specifics on the issue which they have not had before and they now have something actionable. It is a top level priority for Lucid

Yes, it is rare for me because I don’t experience it in San Diego as I always charge at home. However, on the road, it is a different story. While you might not have experienced it yet, it is not rare when it starts happening to you on the road. Stopping at an EA station for me is now something I dread and my next trip will be, unfortunately, in my Toyota.

According to my customer care conversations, of which I have had many since Wednesday trying to troubleshoot this, they have had a lot of charging authentication errors, and they have been increasing lately. Calling EA can get you on the road, but that doesn’t inform Lucid and help them solve the problem which really needs to be coordinated between both parties. I have been able to give them specifics on the issue which they have not had before and they now have something actionable. It is a top level priority for Lucid

Yes, it is rare for me because I don’t experience it in San Diego as I always charge at home. However, on the road, it is a different story. While you might not have experienced it yet, it is not rare when it starts happening to you on the road. Stopping at an EA station for me is now something I dread and my next trip will be, unfortunately, in my Toyota.
Oh, let me be clear - there have been plenty of charging authentication issues - but I’ve always had them get fixed by authenticating through the Lucid app. It has only happened to me maybe 10% of the time.

I’m specifically referring to the app showing the previous station; that’s new, and not common.

And by all means, please report it and work with CS. I’m not trying to downplay it. I’m just saying it’s not something every car sees.

Unfortunately, I've been bitten by this "bug" too...🧐😟

On 3/17/24, set navigation to EA Walmart 3352 - Stockton, CA Got there and kept getting error messages, to disconnect and reconnect (Usually at this EA station I would get this issue, or some time plug and charge works right away and NEVER had to authenticate via Lucid app at this EA station.) BUT, on this day, after errors and disconnecting and reconnecting; I got the request to authenticate via Lucid app, which was displaying the wrong EA Station- Walmart 5843 Patterson, CA (which I last charged at on 11/20/23 on a road trip) so authentication failed. Shut down/restart iphone, Lucid app..etc.. still the same outcome. Called EA CS#, after multiple attempts at sharing location of EA station to car and Lucid app still showing wrong EA station@Patterson, CA and not Stocton, CA; EA CS rebooted charging unit and was able to charge by plug and charge.

March 31, 2024: Two weeks later; same EA Walmart 3352 - Stockton, CA. Did not navigate to EA station this time; preconditioned for charging only.
Same issues as above, different charging unit. Called Lucid CS, shared EA station from Lucid app with car and still no go, plug and charge will not work. Lucid CS service was unable to help and had to call EA.
With EA CS, I explained to her what happened, was happening and had happened two weeks prior. She rebooted the charging unit, and while I waited, I tried another charging unit that opened up; plug and charge connected and started charging....

Prior to March 17, 2024. I have always charged at EA Walmart 3352 - Stockton, CA and would be able to plug and charge, or reconnect/plug and charge, and never had to do an authentication via Lucid app selecting EA Station/unit.

When this first issue occurred on March 17, 2024:
Lucid Software Version: 2.1.62 (3/27/24)
Lucid Software Version: 2.1.60 (2/27/24)
Lucid App: 1.47
iPhone 14 Pro Max; iOS 17.3.1

NO ISSUE at Last charged at EA Walmart 3352 - Stockton, CA on February 18, 2024 and Lucid Software Version 2.1.52 (2/2/24)

Since March, 31, 2024: I've deleted, reinstalled, and updated to Lucid App 1.48.1, but have yet to charge again at any EA station....will update if and when....🫣🧐

Had similar issues in January, EA fixed it by restarting there stations. Not sure if this is Lucid issue.

Back