Lucid Air vs BMW M3

I agree with @hydbob. My M3 dual motor was fun at first, but then when I wanted to upgrade the S had that stupid yoke, and the interior and ride were just too harsh. I have the AGT and the difference in ride, performance and looks (personal preference) is night and day. If it's too much $ that's a different story, but worth it, yes. I love some ICE vehicles too, but just can't imagine going back now.
Tesla Model S has option for steering wheel now. Although, I would still go for the Yoke. Love it!

OP - I would still go for the Touring or wait and see what the BMW i5 is like when it comes out. Seems like that could be a great car.

I would have, most likely, gone for the i5 or even waited for it if it were closer to a reality. That being said, I sold my BMW M5 to buy the the Lucid GT. They are closer in comparison though than an M3 to an Air. I loved my M5, but it was getting up there in age and I wanted a change. The M5 was more sports car, in my opinion, than the Lucid. It just felt tighter for some reason. It might be simply me not used to pushing the Lucid yet like I did. It could also be the feel and vision when you sit in the driver's seat, or the sound... I find that my driving style has changed quite a bit. I used to put the BMW in "M mode" quite a bit. I have not changed the Lucid's mode from Smooth other then once, to show someone the warning it gives you.

I have not been able to get it alone up in the mountains around my lake house yet, but that is where the fun really lies, curvy roads, away from traffic. I always looked forward to getting the M5 up there alone and I look forward to doing the same with Lucid.

One area I know was better on the BMW was the brakes, no real contest there. Lucid has more power, however silent that might be, just feel like I am driving a ride at Disney...

My wife likes the Lucid far more the the BMW M5. Crazy thing is that she refuses to drive the Lucid, but did drive the M5 when she HAD to. She hated the noise of the M5. I kinda take that as a good thing as I am not sure she wouldn't try and take the Lucid more often if she would drive it.

Back