Lucid Air Sunshade, Glass Canopy — Now Available

Since my EZ-Pass and SunPass were nicely tucked behind the sun visors, they were in the way of installing the front shades. So I moved them each closer to the center bar to clear the sun visors. Once that was done, installing was easy, they fit flush and they definitely keep the summer heat to a minimum. Gorgeous? Not really, but very effective. Glad I got them.

Since my EZ-Pass and SunPass were nicely tucked behind the sun visors, they were in the way of installing the front shades. So I moved them each closer to the center bar to clear the sun visors. Once that was done, installing was easy, they fit flush and they definitely keep the summer heat to a minimum. Gorgeous? Not really, but very effective. Glad I got them.
I originally had my FastPass located near the center bar, but it wouldn't read. I moved it to just below the mirror mounting point, not visible from the driver seat. Unfortualtely, there are no black cases for my style of transponder, so it is ugly white visible from outside. Oh well.

Reactions: HES
I originally had my FastPass located near the center bar, but it wouldn't read. I moved it to just below the mirror mounting point, not visible from the driver seat. Unfortualtely, there are no black cases for my style of transponder, so it is ugly white visible from outside. Oh well.
Interesting. I’ll have to see if they still read. If not I’ll follow your idea….

Mine came with 10 pre-installed and 10 more in a bag

I informed Lucid shop and they sent me replacement with extra clips. Great service!

I have to admit, the Lucid sun shades are pretty nice. I was expecting to only use them sparingly, but I’ve ended up leaving them installed most of the time. You still get a decent view through the mesh, and it does seem to reduce the heat in the car significantly.

I likely won’t use them at all in winter, and I’ll certainly take them off for solo road trips, where I really want to take in the views. But for day-to-day in the summer, they are a wonderful addition to the car.

I informed Lucid shop and they sent me replacement with extra clips. Great service!
Exactly the same. Probably would’ve been cheaper for them to just throw some clips in an envelope… oh well. They probably return the entire thing to the manufacturer for credit.

Received and installed Lucid Air Sunshades in early August. While they looked and worked great, I was worried that my mostly bald head might still have some sun exposure. I had some window sunscreen material, so I cut out pieces about 1/8” inside the sunshade OD. I reinstalled the shades with sunscreen simply laying on top. They installed without issue and no sagging. It definitely added another level of shade and protection.

IMG_2523.jpeg

So far, after three days of use in hot sunny 102 - 105 Dallas weather they make a noticeable difference. I’ve been a fan of the black mesh since my Tesla days. Very pleased.
Glad to see another Dallas Lucid person, think we are about to bite the bullet on a grand touring this week🤞 working out the details this week.

As the weather heats up, my interest in getting roof shades has been renewed. For those of you who got them, are you still happy with your selection? Lucid OEM or after-market?

As the weather heats up, my interest in getting roof shades has been renewed. For those of you who got them, are you still happy with your selection? Lucid OEM or after-market?
Get the Lucid shades. That are excellent even if a bit pricey. I live in Phoenix and they make a big improvement.

The Lucid mesh is very nice and fits perfectly.

Lucid OEM, perfect fit, and works even better than tinted roof.

Lucid OEM, perfect fit, and works even better than tinted roof.
I'd say that you could keep the rear installed all the time and remove the fronts only, unless you sit in the back and gaze upwards often! There look like there are clips that insert between the glass and headliner that affix to the shade. I'm interested in detailed feedback from those that have ordered too.
I bought them last spring when they first came out. I live in VA. Luci is garage kept when at home, but out in the open when I go out several times a week. As soon as it warms up regularly I will install them plus switch out the all season tires back to the summer tires. They don't bother me as far as the view and I prefer keeping the interior cooler. I hate air conditioning and I want to keep as much battery charge as possible. We charge at home, have no local chargers and don't take road trips. They are easy to install and remove once you get the hang of it. 10 minute learning curve and I am old, blond and female.

I bought the ToughPRO Lucid windshield sunshade off of ebay. Price was great - around $40. Issue is that availability is hit or miss. I got the last one at the end of June. Just checked and there are a few more available, so inventory seems to come and go. I'm very happy with the sunshade.
Are these solid choice overall?
Anyone else have these?
Thx

Lucid doesn't normally carry sunshades for the windshield ... only for the glass roof panels.
I see they’re out of stock on the roof shades.
So that’s a bummer- how often do they restock?

I took a small piece of black wrap that I did my roof in and wrapped the EZ pass. You could not see it. It worked well for over a year then I got a letter for a toll violation on the garden state parkway ( probably low battery or just their reader screw up) for 2.15 and 50 dollar fine. After unwrapping the ez pass to read the transponder number plus my account in the letter of explanation and a check for the toll amount they ignored it and demanded $50 through their lawyers. It become cheaper to pay them than engage a lawyer to fight it. Still haven’t got around to Re wrapping the EZPass. I mounted in the lower right corner of the windshield so it doesn’t interfere with my sunshades( just put in yesterday)

Back