Lucid Air Sunshade, Glass Canopy — Now Available

I’ve been using the new Lucid roof mesh shades for almost a week now, driving around in the constant Excessive Heat Warning / non-stop sun baking that is Dallas all that time (103-110 in the shade). I do not have any window tinting. It’s been great and I’m able to set the AC 2 degrees warmer than I did before, and am much more comfortable. The car cools off quickly after being parked in the sun. Of course, having lived here my whole life, it’s standard practice in the summer to ‘crack the windows’ if parking in the sun for a while. It helps. You can see through them fairly well. It’s easy to see whats above the visor, if needed. I recommend them.

I’ve been using the new Lucid roof mesh shades for almost a week now, driving around in the constant Excessive Heat Warning / non-stop sun baking that is Dallas all that time (103-110 in the shade). I do not have any window tinting. It’s been great and I’m able to set the AC 2 degrees warmer than I did before, and am much more comfortable. The car cools off quickly after being parked in the sun. Of course, having lived here my whole life, it’s standard practice in the summer to ‘crack the windows’ if parking in the sun for a while. It helps. You can see through them fairly well. It’s easy to see whats above the visor, if needed. I recommend them.

Would it be easy to remove and reinstall these shades? Maybe one day I want them in, but later that night out. Next day back in. What's the ease factor ?

Would it be easy to remove and reinstall these shades? Maybe one day I want them in, but later that night out. Next day back in. What's the ease factor ?
While the are easy to take in and out, they rely on separate metal clips that snap onto the rigid but flexible border of the shade. You might knock a clip off every now and then when removing or installing the shade and have to snap it back on.

They take just a few seconds each to install or remove. As @Big Boss said, watch out for a plastic clip toggling loose when removing a shade and needing to be found & toggled back on.

I just ordered them. I don't know how long they were available. I wish Lucid would have sent out an email about these.

I just ordered them. I don't know how long they were available. I wish Lucid would have sent out an email about these.
Yea, they just seemed to pop up in the Lucid store. Guess we all just need to check from time to time.

Waiting with bated breath for a post by someone who has actually installed them. Seems like, for me, here in LA, they would be a seasonal install and remove.

Waiting with bated breath for a post by someone who has actually installed them. Seems like, for me, here in LA, they would be a seasonal install and remove.
Have you read this thread?

Clearly not 😂
When I moderated an Audi forum, we would get someone every other damn day asking the same freaking question: how do I code a new battery to the CPU? We had hundreds of duplicate responses. We had stickys. We had stickies for the stickies. We had Read This First. Nothing worked.

In case of interest to those considering whether or not to purchase, here are the installation instructions….

Attachments

• IMG_6026.jpeg
    IMG_6026.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_6027.jpeg
    IMG_6027.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_6028.jpeg
    IMG_6028.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 134
Received and installed mine yesterday. They look great and do make a noticeable difference here in southern AZ.

Waiting with bated breath for a post by someone who has actually installed them....
Bate no more:

In case of interest to those considering whether or not to purchase, here are the installation instructions….
Got them today, box was nearly pristine, and installed in 5 minutes. I'm a man godd*mmit, I don't need no frickin instructions! LOL. Honestly, it was super simple and obvious how to install. The rear shad is a little tricker, but was pretty easy. TBH, the rear will probably stay in 100% of the time and I'll consider removing the fronts when the blazing So Cal heat dies down.

I found them to be very easy and quick to install and retrieve. The only "challenge" might be doing the twisting maneuver to compress the back shade into a smaller footprint to fit in the bag. I too give them two thumbs up on looks and efficiency!

Sad to lose my unobstructed view of the sky but bought them and installed them and my wife is much happier now. Temperature is noticeable and they didn’t add a claustrophobic element I was worried about, at least in the front.

In the rear the ceiling is a little lower. They might be annoying for passengers in the back.

I’ve been going back and forth on picking these up. Would be great if more pictures could be uploaded. Especially with people in the car.

Effective in reducing heat and, most importantly, the direct sun exposure to the top of my head. (NOTE: I did not apply any additional tint to my roof or front windshield, though all other windows are tinted.

The canopy shades are easy to install and remove. It comes with numerous clips in case the ones pre-applied to the 3 shades goes missing when you try to remove it. Custom fit makes it worth the price. Happy with the product.

Back