Lucid Air sun visors/glass canopy

Haven't figured out how to copy. As someone else said earlier, since Lucid uses Android then the security settings are separate per user profile and are not linked to the car but rather the profile itself. Right now, due to it being separate profiles for HomeLink, I have to set it up manually under each profile by holding the remote down and then also going to the receiver also. Waiting to see if something changes on the new OTA update or not first.

I saw a video that said the same thing, except that Lucid recommended battery replacement every 3 years.

On one of my visits to the Miami Design Studio, the driver's visor had been removed (with the glued-on mounts still in place). But I think that was done for display purposes rather than something an owner could easily do.

I've been to the Miami Studio several times, and the staff has always told me someone broke the visor!

I've been to the Miami Studio several times, and the staff has always told me someone broke the visor!

Now that's an interesting sales tactic. It reminds me of an episode decades ago in a Sears store. A saleswoman was trying to convince me to buy an extended warranty on a Kenmore vacuum. She finally got so frustrated with my refusal that she started telling me how the weak hose connections were always breaking. I left without the warranty . . . or the vacuum.

Now that's an interesting sales tactic. It reminds me of an episode decades ago in a Sears store. A saleswoman was trying to convince me to buy an extended warranty on a Kenmore vacuum. She finally got so frustrated with my refusal that she started telling me how the weak hose connections were always breaking. I left without the warranty . . . or the vacuum.
Ha! Well, in fairness to Lucid, the vehicle in the Miami Studio is a prototype (at best), not an actual production car. Lots of things don't work on that vehicle; it's really just a mock-up. Still impressed me enough to get me to make a reservation for an Air Grand Touring!

Still impressed me enough to get me to make a reservation for an Air Grand Touring!

I get that. I had already had a deposit on a Lucid for two years before the first Design Studio opened. Miami was the first one I visited (been three times since), and the prototype there instantly reinforced my expectations for the car -- as well as acquainted me with some issues with which I would have to live, such as bumping my head getting into or out of the car or reaching for the door handles from inside.

I saw a video that said the same thing, except that Lucid recommended battery replacement every 3 years.

On one of my visits to the Miami Design Studio, the driver's visor had been removed (with the glued-on mounts still in place). But I think that was done for display purposes rather than something an owner could easily do.
Kind of a shame they couldn't pull off a Model X-like panoramic windshield, that and no automatic power open and close doors are my only two disappointments with this car.

I guess I can add one more, the fact that the Touring and Pure (only two models I can justify) will be less equipped to an unknown level as of now.

Kind of a shame they couldn't pull off a Model X-like panoramic windshield, that and no automatic power open and close doors are my only two disappointments with this car.

I guess I can add one more, the fact that the Touring and Pure (only two models I can justify) will be less equipped to an unknown level as of now.

Has anyone been able to confirm that cars weren't shipped motors?

It'd be cool if there were and it was available on the new UI...if only I could update my car...

It'd be cool if there were and it was available on the new UI...if only I could update my car...

Any idea how you could test? I haven't owned a car with these type of doors so I don't know if they have a different style mechanism at the hinge.

Has anyone been able to confirm that cars weren't shipped motors?

I don't remember where I saw it, but someone who took delivery asked the delivery coach about the motors, and the coach didn't think the car he was delivering had them.

I still don't get what the problem was with the power-operated doors. My 2011 and 2018 Honda Odysseys had both power-operated rear lift gates and sliding second-row doors that can be opened and closed from the dashboard or at the doors themselves. It is hardly new or even exotic technology.

Unfortunately most things Lucid are unknown.

The only model differentiators I can find on the website are:
* Glass canopy roof standard on the upper trim models, apparently not available on the Pure, optional on the AT
* Dream drive Pro on the Dream & AGT, optional on the lower trims
* Surreal sound system (nobody knows the real world quality difference), optional on the lower trims
* Dual motor on all trims but the Pure which has a single RWD motor. Obvious HP & range differences.
* PurLuxe mohave the only interior color on the Pure, additional choices on most other trims
* Wheel size differences on models (21" or 19" on Dream, 19/20/21" on AT, 19" on Pure)
* 5 color choices on all trims but Dream which has 4

That's about the extent of it that I was able to find.

Last edited:

* Glass canopy roof standard on the upper trim models, apparently not available on the Pure, optional on the AT
* Surreal sound system (nobody knows the real world quality difference), optional on the lower trims
* Dual motor on all trims but the Pure which has a single RWD motor. Obvious HP & range differences.
* PurLuxe mohave the only interior color on the Pure, additional choices on most other trims
* Wheel size differences on models (21" or 19" on Dream, 19/20/21" on AT, 19" on Pure)

I can confirm the sound system really was surreal. I produce music and mix/master on the side, and this was by far the best soundstage I’ve ever encountered in a car. Genuinely sublime.

I can confirm the sound system really was surreal. I produce music and mix/master on the side, and this was by far the best soundstage I’ve ever encountered in a car. Genuinely sublime.
That's interesting, what other cars have you been in that are close to this?

That's interesting, what other cars have you been in that are close to this?

None. Cars tend to have a very focused soundstage; not very expansive. They tend to focus on balancing the sound so they driver has a good experience, but they’re generally tuned to emphasize bass and treble at the expense of clarity. The other best sound systems I’ve heard in cars have been some of the Bose systems (despite not living Bose’s sound in general) and some of the B+O systems.

None have compared to this; the Atmos speakers just create insane ambience and the number of tweeters allows for extreme clarity and detail. You have to try it. I think it really sets a new standard.

Exactly, but I doubt the Air Pure would have everything else the Dream has save those things.. say, massage seats, the powered doors (apparently they're still in development) so I really want more clarity on how much what will cost

Oh and, what about the cabin materials? Will the Dream and Touring/Pure have the exact same materials? (Besides the purluxe fake leather)

None. Cars tend to have a very focused soundstage; not very expansive. They tend to focus on balancing the sound so they driver has a good experience, but they’re generally tuned to emphasize bass and treble at the expense of clarity. The other best sound systems I’ve heard in cars have been some of the Bose systems (despite not living Bose’s sound in general) and some of the B+O systems.

None have compared to this; the Atmos speakers just create insane ambience and the number of tweeters allows for extreme clarity and detail. You have to try it. I think it really sets a new standard.
The Meridian sound system I had in the Jaguar I-Pace was exceptionally good. However I'd like to hear the difference between the standard Lucid sound system and the Surreal system. I heard both the Tesla upgraded sound system and the standard and I actually thought the standard system sounded better. A number of other owners did too. So it's important to hear and know what the differences are.

The other issue is the source. Since most things we listen to will not be encoded in Atmos, the Atmos sound will be a derived sound in many/most cases. Sometimes that sounds decent and sometimes it doesn't. So my other question would be how the sound is with the ubiquitous non-Atmos material most of us will be listening to and how that compares to the standard system.

The Meridian sound system I had in the Jaguar I-Pace was exceptionally good. However I'd like to hear the difference between the standard Lucid sound system and the Surreal system. I heard both the Tesla upgraded sound system and the standard and I actually thought the standard system sounded better. A number of other owners did too. So it's important to hear and know what the differences are.

The other issue is the source. Since most things we listen to will not be encoded in Atmos, the Atmos sound will be a derived sound in many/most cases. Sometimes that sounds decent and sometimes it doesn't. So my other question would be how the sound is with the ubiquitous non-Atmos material most of us will be listening to and how that compares to the standard system.

Yeah, I’ve heard that Meridian system and it’s really solid!

With Tidal and Apple Music integrated, there’s a surprising amount of Atmos-ready material, but you’re otherwise right. I was able to play some of the stuff I’ve produced on it and I’ve never heard it sound so good. (And I spend more money than anyone should on fantastic monitors, heh)

Exactly, but I doubt the Air Pure would have everything else the Dream has save those things.. say, massage seats, the powered doors (apparently they're still in development) so I really want more clarity on how much what will cost

Oh and, what about the cabin materials? Will the Dream and Touring/Pure have the exact same materials? (Besides the purluxe fake leather)
And I still believe, at this late date, we should have answers to many of these legitimate questions.

And I still believe, at this late date, we should have answers to many of these legitimate questions.
Absolutely, with the Grand Touring on the horizon, if it turns out it's basically the same as a Touring, or there's a massive difference, folks should know either way.

Back