Lucid Air sun visors/glass canopy

Lucid Air

Cars
Tesla
I am curious to hear more about this -- is it possible to set aside the sunvisors as they clearly obstruct the clear glass view of the glass canopy, its odd that lucid does not show their car in the most clear way in marketing if the sunvisors are removable.

Have any owners removed the visors and any pictures/description of how is it -- particularly in comparison to the Tesla Model X.

I am curious to hear more about this -- is it possible to set aside the sunvisors as they clearly obstruct the clear glass view of the glass canopy, its odd that lucid does not show their car in the most clear way in marketing if the sunvisors are removable.

Have any owners removed the visors and any pictures/description of how is it -- particularly in comparison to the Tesla Model X.
I don’t have my Lucid yet, but having examined one in the showroom, I can tell you that the visor is not removable, but when swung to the side, it can be extended and it also blocks more sunlight on the side than a Model X. I think a magnetically side mounted visor, like the Model X’s, would have been a better choice. I think the A-Pillar bulkiness may have prevented that.

I never checked, but I wonder if the visor has an illuminated vanity mirror? I don’t see any power wires going to the visor. If anything, maybe they have a battery powered vanity mirror.

I don’t have my Lucid yet, but having examined one in the showroom, I can tell you that the visor is not removable, but when swung to the side, it can be extended and it also blocks more sunlight on the side than a Model X. I think a magnetically side mounted visor, like the Model X’s, would have been a better choice. I think the A-Pillar bulkiness may have prevented that.

I never checked, but I wonder if the visor has an illuminated vanity mirror? I don’t see any power wires going to the visor. If anything, maybe they have a battery powered vanity mirror.
I could care less but my wife would not be happy if it's not illuminated. I'm guessing that might be different in the Pure with the traditional metal roof.

I could care less but my wife would not be happy if it's not illuminated. I'm guessing that might be different in the Pure with the traditional metal roof.

Heh, it’s funny - I’m always really bothered when they *are* illuminated! But having the option, I suppose, would be nice. :)

Heh, it’s funny - I’m always really bothered when they *are* illuminated! But having the option, I suppose, would be nice. :)
Yup, always better to provide the option when you can turn it off if so desired. Win win for everyone. Taking away options will inevitable be a loser for some.

There is a light in the visor mirror

Can't remove them but you can push them to the side. Will still end up with 2 black circles. I'll post a pic later

Can't remove them but you can push them to the side. Will still end up with 2 black circles. I'll post a pic later
I think I know what you mean but pics for our newer members would be great, thanks btw.

20211202_152816.jpg
20211202_152751.jpg

As a backup

Why a backup? Have you had issues with the car’s home link? I can’t remember the last time I had the remote in a car.

No, but in an earlier thread I mentioned that under different driver profiles, you have to set up Home Link separately. So when there is another driver, they use the remote instead because I was too lazy to setup Home Link under the other 3 driver profiles I set up.

No, but in an earlier thread I mentioned that under different driver profiles, you have to set up Home Link separately. So when there is another driver, they use the remote instead because I was too lazy to setup Home Link under the other 3 driver profiles I set up.
Why not just hide it in the glovebox?

True...i could do that or in the center console. I guess i'll move it then!

I read somewhere the vanity mirrors have a battery that is supposed to last ~5 years.

I read somewhere the vanity mirrors have a battery that is supposed to last ~5 years.

I saw a video that said the same thing, except that Lucid recommended battery replacement every 3 years.

On one of my visits to the Miami Design Studio, the driver's visor had been removed (with the glued-on mounts still in place). But I think that was done for display purposes rather than something an owner could easily do.

No, but in an earlier thread I mentioned that under different driver profiles, you have to set up Home Link separately.

That's weird. Is it supposed to be a security feature? The Homelink programming in our Tesla works with any driver profile.

Is there a way to copy a Homelink setting from one profile to another, or do you actually have to do RF coding off your hand remote and (with roaming codes) the overhead receiver, too?

Back