Lucid Air model lineup updates for 2024

Hi, all.

In addition to today’s 10Best announcement, Lucid has announced updates to the Air model lineup for 2024.

To get the details, check out our press release at https://lucidmotors.com/media-room/lucid-air-model-lineup-updates-2024.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for listening to the forum! It seems that now each trim is just a powertrain option with interior options available, enabling things like a Grand Touring with a metal roof! This lets so much choice happen and is GREAT!

I do wonder what the powertrain changes to the GT will have... hurry up with that!

why is Design yours option hidden behind Shop menu on Lucid's website? when i do order now and filter by colors and if the color doesn't exist, shouldn't Lucid show me an option to Design yours? currently it shows other colors and ask me call Lucid. Once i filter by color, it should show me cars only in that color but Lucid's website still shows me all available colors which is weird.

One interesting thing is that EPA range for Touring is dropped from 425miles to 411 for 2024 models. I wonder if there is any BMS programming difference between 2023 and 2024 models.

One interesting thing is that EPA range for Touring is dropped from 425miles to 411 for 2024 models. I wonder if there is any BMS programming difference between 2023 and 2024 models.
The EPA test was altered slightly to be a bit less generous. Peter mentions this in a recent video interview someone posted here on the site.

The EPA test was altered slightly to be a bit less generous. Peter mentions this in a recent video interview someone posted here on the site.
So does that mean our 19” wheel, 2023 Touring max range is also 411 miles instead of 425 ? I never pushed the range limits of my car yet, i am just trying to understand where my old model stands:)

So does that mean our 19” wheel, 2023 Touring max range is also 411 miles instead of 425 ? I never pushed the range limits of my car yet, i am just trying to understand where my old model stands:)
I am going to bet yes that is the case. My guess is that Lucid was packaging 2023 Touring and 2023 Pure AWD with the same motors and battery specs. The motor output is software limited in 2023 Pure AWD to differentiate from Touring. When Touring range was initially assessed EPA testing was more lenient. The 2023 Pure AWD range is 410. This is all speculative and I have no proof to these claims. ;)

Personally I don't pay too much attention to the range number. For me the more impactful metric is how many miles can I drive between 20%-80% SOC and require a charge.

I am going to bet yes that is the case. My guess is that Lucid was packaging 2023 Touring and 2023 Pure AWD with the same motors and battery specs. The motor output is software limited in 2023 Pure AWD to differentiate from Touring. When Touring range was initially assessed EPA testing was more lenient. The 2023 Pure AWD range is 410. This is all speculative and I have no proof to these claims. ;)

Personally I don't pay too much attention to the range number. For me the more impactful metric is how many miles can I drive between 20%-80% SOC and require a charge.
Exactly. Your car didn't change. The test did. If you have an older Touring (like I do) that car would probably get the same reduced number if you ran the new EPA test.

GT-P is now implicitly a limited run. I wonder what the used market will do with that information? Insurance already has a hard enough time doing price comparisons.

GT-P is now implicitly a limited run. I wonder what the used market will do with that information? Insurance already has a hard enough time doing price comparisons.
Rogue, how is your insurance and replacement experience going?

Rogue, how is your insurance and replacement experience going?
It's going. Specialty car classification sounds cool until it needs to be appraised to be clearly totalled. I'll write a thread on the experience with USAA when it's done.

I am wondering what all the differences are in the 24' models. Maybe there will be a heat pump. The motors are supposed to be even more efficient. Drag coefficient has been lowered yet again according to an interview with Peter. Exciting stuff.

It's going. Specialty car classification sounds cool until it needs to be appraised to be clearly totalled. I'll write a thread on the experience with USAA when it's done.

I am wondering what all the differences are in the 24' models. Maybe there will be a heat pump. The motors are supposed to be even more efficient. Drag coefficient has been lowered yet again according to an interview with Peter. Exciting stuff.
Definitely looking forward to more specifics that we will soon find out(24 models are already available). Especially for the GT changes.. I wonder what they mean by more spirited driving when hp is the same? Suspension tweaks perhaps?

Another consequence for Arizona folks like myself is since the msrp will now never change on the GT-P. If you import a GT-P into AZ(even 10 years from now) you will pay registration based off that msrp. Recently ran into this with the Dream edition performance. Since the latest msrp was 170k, I have to pay registration based off that for the rest of the cars life. Corner case I know but crazy how that works.

There was a previous change in the website where the GT-P vanished and then it came back.
The site includes the Sapphire but I thought those were all spoken for.
I had my winter wheles/tires put on today using mobile service and the nice tech mentioned that 2 Sapphires had come through Goose Island.

There was a previous change in the website where the GT-P vanished and then it came back.
The site includes the Sapphire but I thought those were all spoken for.
I had my winter wheles/tires put on today using mobile service and the nice tech mentioned that 2 Sapphires had come through Goose Island.
Sapphires are made to order. So when are you going to order one?

Sapphires are made to order. So when are you going to order one?
I thought they were sold out
I went with the GT-P because I wanted my tax breaks before they vaporized
At this point, I am happy enough with the GT-P and am standing pat
Kudos to the Sapphire owners
I also hope they revise the interiors so the Tahoe gets tan seats front and rear and black carpets like the Gravity has

Back