Lucid Air GT vs Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG

andylee

Referral Code SIW5Q2L3
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Lucid Air GT is designed to compete with Mercedes-Benz S65/S63 AMG, not Tesla Model S. Being a long-term S65 owner, I’d like to make a quick comparison after driving Air GT for several weeks.

1. While the roaring sound of S65 V12 engine pumps up the adrenaline, the instant acceleration of Air GT feels like hyperspace jump in Sci Fi movies. It applies to many EVs, not just Air GT. But, no doubt, Air GT is faster than S65.

2. Air GT seats much lower than S65. It feels and handles more like a sport coupe than a full-size sedan. It seems to change my driving mentality and behaviors from “old school” to “tech bro”.

3. Both interiors are luxury. S65 has better rear seats. If you have a driver to drive you around, you’d feel more luxurious in S65. While driving S65, sometimes, I feel like a hired driver with the boss behind me.

4. I am not sure which car attracts more attention. Other drivers seem to behave “better” around S65. They might be afraid of the mafia boss inside the S65. On the other hand, Tesla drivers always want to drive faster and pass my Air GT. Their self-esteem seems to be threatened by Lucid.

5. The overall size of Air GT is close to Mercedes E Class. But the interior space is as big as Mercedes S Class. As expected, EVs usually have more cargo spaces with trucks and frunks. What surprised me is that I can put two full-size luggage cases in Air GT’s truck. It’s not as easy for S65, while still doable. In addition, Air GT’s truck and frunk have upper and lower compartments. You can store many things there.

In short, Air GT feels younger, techier, and more fun. On the other hand, S65 is still the #1 choice for mafia boss.

So how many of the mafia bosses are there ;)?
Asking for a friend

OK. I'll have a go.
Mercedes E63S biturbo V8 wagon. Hauls lumber, remodeling fixtures, shrubberies...does 0-60 in under 4 ... sleeper...
vs
Air GT ...

wow

... sold the wagon...

OK. I'll have a go.
Mercedes E63S biturbo V8 wagon. Hauls lumber, remodeling fixtures, shrubberies...does 0-60 in under 4 ... sleeper...
vs
Air GT ...

wow
Now thats an insanely hard choice... as it is with any AMG wagon. Brilliant machines.

Back