Lucid Air GT cross country trip LIVE

dawktah LucidGT

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT Zenith Red
Hello ALL,

Currently resting at The Ahwahnee Hotel in the simply breathtaking Yosemite National Park.
20220626_104739.jpg

Picked up our car on Friday at the Millbrae location. The staff there were very good and the reveal and delivery went smoothly.

From there headed to the coast and stayed at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay. The valet there were not familiar with the car and I wound up giving them that key fob since using they card opened car but need PIN to start and not sure how to set that up. Not sure if this is s good or bad thing, but they didn't seem to treat it as a luxury car, but more like just another Tesla MS.

The car handles beautifully and is an absolute pleasure to drive. Arriving here had zero fatigue.

Used the navigation and I understand improvements are coming but found:
1. Said "slight left" for a lot of 90° corners.
2. If destination is on current street or road DOES NOT give you a distance count down. Just "arrived" after the 1/4 mile notification. Does fine for turns, 1,000 feet and so on.
3. Does not keep your last view on pilot panel, when entering next destination.

The car does twist and turn roads very well. With my selection of speed, never above 10mph over posted limit, tires never squealed. I don't consider myself an expert driver.

Can someone let me know if this is normal, my A/C fans never seem to spool down.

As mentioned on the forum in other places the sun gets hot on your head if the car is stationary. As soon as your speed stays above 40mph the sensation goes away.

I have been unable to connect my Astell & Kern DAP, so have been listening to music via Bluetooth from my phone with its SD card. Maybe it's my phone but I'm not getting any album art.

The team at Millbrae tried to connect but said they will reach out to give details on when this will be fixed.
20220624_115705.jpg

I have had three EA charging sessions and they have all been flawless. When I picked up the car it had 0.3 mi/kWh on dash. I have only been able to get it up to 3.6mi/kWh so far.

I am using my phone to post and will give better input once I'm able to use my computer.

Rivian has installed chargers all over the Yosemite Valley floor, so charged to 100% after dinner.

Passed a set of chargers walking back to hotel.
does the rivian charger works on Lucid? i thought their chargers are proprietary and doesn't work on other brands.

i love Yosemite. Yosemite is going to be one of my first destinations once i receive my GT.

As mentioned on the forum in other places the sun gets hot on your head if the car is stationary. As soon as your speed stays above 40mph the sensation goes away.

I have been unable to connect my Astell & Kern DAP, so have been listening to music via Bluetooth from my phone with its SD card. Maybe it's my phone but I'm not getting any album art.

The team at Millbrae tried to connect but said they will reach out to give details on when this will be fixed.View attachment 3076

I have had three EA charging sessions and they have all been flawless. When I picked up the car it had 0.3 mi/kWh on dash. I have only been able to get it up to 3.6mi/kWh so far.

I am using my phone to post and will give better input once I'm able to use my computer.
Do you know what version of OTA Firmware you are using?!

does the rivian charger works on Lucid? i thought their chargers are proprietary and doesn't work on other brands.

i love Yosemite. Yosemite is going to be one of my first destinations once i receive my GT.
They use CCS standards, so unless you can’t pay for them I’m unsure of what gives this impression.

What is the cost to add, say, 300 miles of charge using a non EA charger? I’ve only used EA on the road (and haven’t wandered far from the Bay Area).

What is the cost to add, say, 300 miles of charge using a non EA charger? I’ve only used EA on the road (and haven’t wandered far from the Bay Area).
Usually .30-40 per KWh, so maybe $25-30 if you included the fees etc some chargers do if you don’t have a subscription with them.

Hello ALL,

Currently resting at The Ahwahnee Hotel in the simply breathtaking Yosemite National Park.
View attachment 3075

Picked up our car on Friday at the Millbrae location. The staff there were very good and the reveal and delivery went smoothly.

From there headed to the coast and stayed at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay. The valet there were not familiar with the car and I wound up giving them that key fob since using they card opened car but need PIN to start and not sure how to set that up. Not sure if this is s good or bad thing, but they didn't seem to treat it as a luxury car, but more like just another Tesla MS.

The car handles beautifully and is an absolute pleasure to drive. Arriving here had zero fatigue.

Used the navigation and I understand improvements are coming but found:
1. Said "slight left" for a lot of 90° corners.
2. If destination is on current street or road DOES NOT give you a distance count down. Just "arrived" after the 1/4 mile notification. Does fine for turns, 1,000 feet and so on.
3. Does not keep your last view on pilot panel, when entering next destination.

The car does twist and turn roads very well. With my selection of speed, never above 10mph over posted limit, tires never squealed. I don't consider myself an expert driver.

Can someone let me know if this is normal, my A/C fans never seem to spool down.
wow :)

must get back to Tahoe
Sorry to miss out on the Saturday drive.
Enjoy the road trip

Not sure if this is s good or bad thing, but they didn't seem to treat it as a luxury car, but more like just another Tesla MS.
I took mine to an expensive steakhouse and knew they liked it when the valet parked it in the 3 spots right by the entrance. Those spots are usually reserved for them to show off the expensive cars for the customers to see as they walk in 😂

I took mine to an expensive steakhouse and knew they liked it when the valet parked it in the 3 spots right by the entrance. Those spots are usually reserved for them to show off the expensive cars for the customers to see as they walk in 😂
That just happened to me on Sunday at a restaurant, valet parked it right next to the entrance, someone’s Taycan was a few spaces down haha.

Last time I visited Dallas, I stayed at downtown Fairmont. The valet was stoked seeing this car, asked me where is “Start Engine” button, I told him there isn’t one. Next day morning coming down, I saw my GT was parked right next to the hotel entrance with Bentley. 😂 when I went claim my car, guests walking out checking my GT mostly than the Bentley. The car is basically an unicorn 🦄.

Their lvl 2 chargers are supposed to be free to the public.

Finally reached some 4G.

I was able to fully charge free, we arrived for brunch and I was at 100 by dinner.

Currently now at EA in Las Vegas. Had serious problems with EA charger in Bishop, CA. Kept saying payment declined. Moved to the last 350kW and finally topped to 100%

Arrived Death Valley to overnight at StovePipe Wells. Cars fans where HOWLING! 120°
20220627_155151.jpg

Make sure the auto icon is highlighted. It's the one to the left of the degree setting for front.

Maybe it's the heat but it is on Auto. A/C works beautifully.

FULLY TESTED IN DEATH VALLEY

Finally reached some 4G.

I was able to fully charge free, we arrived for brunch and I was at 100 by dinner.

Currently now at EA in Las Vegas. Had serious problems with EA charger in Bishop, CA. Kept saying payment declined. Moved to the last 350kW and finally topped to 100%

Arrived Death Valley to overnight at StovePipe Wells. Cars fans where HOWLING! 120°
View attachment 3108

Maybe it's the heat but it is on Auto. A/C works beautifully.

FULLY TESTED IN DEATH VALLEY
Wow! You did it. You are much braver than I am.

Back