- Joined
- Nov 19, 2021
- Messages
- 16,119
- Reaction score
- 22,192
- Location
- Cupertino, CA
- Cars
- Air DE-P, Gravity DE
- Air DE Number
- 241
- Gravity DE Number
- 013
- Referral Code
- Q1BTN5Y3
There is no standard for American mugs.standard American mugs
There is no standard for American mugs.standard American mugs
Stupid complaint about cup holders, oh I have to apply some force to take my bottle out…..it’s not a big deal and I actually like the fact that drinks don’t spill.The cup holder issue is documented in this review
I’m sorry, but just use a cup that fits……..not a safety concern at all.I filed a NHTSA safety complaint about the front cupholders. Standard cups and tumblers don’t fit without being jammed in, and even then they’re unstable. A few weeks ago hot coffee spilled on me during a turn. I kept control of the car, but it was a real distraction and burn risk.
Lucid has reportedly acknowledged the cupholder design is flawed and fixing in new models but that doesn’t help those of us already driving these cars. Has anyone actually received a retrofit, or been told one is coming?
NHTSA looks for patterns across individual complaints before investigating. If you’ve had a spill or near-miss, file your own. It takes a few minutes:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem
Each owner has to file separately with their own VIN; there’s no way to co-sign. A photo of a cup that won’t seat properly helps.
Why did McDonald's flash in my mind when I read the thread title?but does the McDonald's coffee cup fit?
Yeah, would be nice to have bigger cup holders, but I can easily live with these. I actually like the fact that cans don’t tip over or wobble inside.Why did McDonald's flash in my mind when I read the thread title?
FWIW, this is how I normally roll in terms of in-car beveragization ...
View attachment 41639
Your standard everyday Yeti. Snugs in real nice. Never rolls, tips or falls. Don't need super human strength to remove or replace it. Has a little slider at the top so hot beverages don't escape during hard cornering. This is my road warrior cup. Occasionally I'll put a Starbucks, McDonalds, or Tim Hortons coffee in the holder in its own cup but usually I'll just pour them into the Yeti and keep it moving.
I also have the Lucid Miir mug. Is DOES NOT fit in the cupholders. So I don't use it in the car. Problem solved.
That's the thing... if you make them bigger then most regular 12 or 16 oz tumblers would wobble. Better to find one that fits and problem solved.Yeah, would be nice to have bigger cup holders, but I can easily live with these. I actually like the fact that cans don’t tip over or wobble inside.
Dude. Your cup is too big for the holder. That’s it. Nothing else.Reading all these comments make me think the cup holders in my car may be defective. NOTHING fits in those. No water bottoles, not even the narrow protein drink bottle. Looking at these forums and online, it appears it is common issue. But it might be a few cars which have defective cup holders. I do believe it is a safety hazard and can cause serious injury and must be addressed by lucid. When every car from Toyota to Tesla have a cup holder which fits most of the cups/ mugs, why do we need to have this in a 'luxury' car. I have my annual maintenance scheduled in a couple of weeks and I will compare with other cars there to see if its just my car.
Are you sure you're okay Sir? You're making sense. Something must be wrong with you. It is the new normal Sir.Where did "responsibility for our own actions" go? This whole thread makes me so sad...![]()
Now we kinda know what you do for a livingHere’s 3 that aren’t Lucid specific but they fit. Interesting they all came from vendors at trade shows.
I blame Ford for my truck not fitting in my garage, not the lift that I installed nor the junk in my garageAre you going to blame Lucid if your vehicle does not fit in your garage? How about using a different cup that fits the design?