Lucid Achieves Record-Breaking 5 Miles Per kWh Efficiency

Paul

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring, Mustang Mach-E
Referral Code
D53L4NDQ
I'm thinking it's likely the midsize model(s).
The way I read it was that a variant of the Air was getting 5 mi/kwh soon, and the midsize would get 6 mi/kwh. This is also supported by other interviews of Rawlinson, and it does make sense with the Pure RWD already getting close to 5.

The way I read it was that a variant of the Air was getting 5 mi/kwh soon, and the midsize would get 6 mi/kwh. This is also supported by other interviews of Rawlinson, and it does make sense with the Pure RWD already getting close to 5.
That would be great.

The EPA cycle for the Air 19 inch is already 4.6 or so. Improved motor efficiency and better optimized regen/inverter programming could get the Air to 5. Midsize vehicle that’s 800 pounds lighter could get 6 in a couple years. In fact that will be required by then to stay best in class.

The EPA cycle for the Air 19 inch is already 4.6 or so. Improved motor efficiency and better optimized regen/inverter programming could get the Air to 5. Midsize vehicle that’s 800 pounds lighter could get 6 in a couple years. In fact that will be required by then to stay best in class.
Would that increase the Pure/Touring to around ~450miles EPA ?

It says "has achieved a certified five miles per kilowatt-hour (kWh) efficiency".
The key word "certified".
Me likey.

I've never gotten close to 5. More like 3.2 on my GT 19 inch wheels. Have never seen a 4. Would like to know which product this is

I've never gotten close to 5. More like 3.2 on my GT 19 inch wheels. Have never seen a 4. Would like to know which product this is
Most likely RWD Pure

A couple of times when service returned my car at my home, they have been eager to show off the efficiency to me. They've manage to hit 4.5 - 4.8. I live 60 miles away from the Natick, MA service center and the drive between here and there is mostly highway and not always flat.. yes EPA is possible! I've seen it on my AT with 19" wheels

Isn't WLTP more lenient? If he is at the "Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference", He is more likely to be citing WLTP numbers

Isn't WLTP more lenient? If he is at the "Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference", He is more likely to be citing WLTP numbers
The WLTP standard is indeed more lenient. However, from the article:
"This is a landmark achievement validated by the EPA.”
It sounds like it was definitely achieved under the EPA standard.

It's a product called "Driving at the speed limit" which gets you 4 mi/kwh. Try it someday, its free!

Around here that product is more likely to get people passing you on a blind curve or giving you some serious road rage than it is to get you any positive results.

I have a daily commute round-trip of about 50 miles, mostly highways in SoCal in Swift mode with full regen. My average has been 3.8mi/kwh over the past 7 months of ownership of a '23 Pure AWD. On days when the traffic restrains me enjoying a thrilling driving experience, I get 4.4-4.8 mi/kwh. I drive about 5-10 mph above the limit when possible. I haven't experienced any form of road rage, which is really unusual. When I drive my BMW, it's not unusual to have other drivers try to drive aggressively to get me attention. Nonetheless, with some OTA software updates to the power management system, I think 5 mi/kwh is possible, maybe in the Smooth setting. Conversely, I would be willing to pay for an optional OTA update to unleash the full (or reasonably more) power that the motors could provide since they are the same motors as the Touring but the Touring has 620hp. Maybe a Pure Super Sprint Mode? I hope I do not ruffle any feathers for those with the Touring and GT models with this last wish. 619hp would be fine by me.

It's a product called "Driving at the speed limit" which gets you 4 mi/kwh. Try it someday, its free!
Hi - somewhat mea culpa- drove the 55 mph speed limit today on the Merritt Parkway like a grandma on Highway Assist and achieved 4.1 miles per KWH going to work from Darien CT to Milford CT (30 miles) which has never happened. So apparently it can happen. But I will say I may as well have had my hazard lights on - I was by far the slowest car on the road. Tomorrow I will try 'normal' driving - 65 -70 mph, not 55mph and report back.

Attachments

• 20240613_082413.jpg
    20240613_082413.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
Back