Lucid accepting deposits

Thanks for the update. You seem to be able to extract more info from your salesperson than I can from mine.

I'm with you on the glass canopy with electrochromic glass. This is a must for us in sunny Florida. I hope your sales rep is correct.

Lucid is on the way to production and is accepting refundable $1000 deposits. The first production Lucid Air will most likely be the top of the line fully loaded vehicle but with a first addition of 255 cars the step dowm might be more afordable for many of use. I'm a deposit holder and hopefully not the only one.
I'm a deposit holder also. Though, the timing might not work out for me if they do intend to start with just the top of the line "Dream" models. My current lease ends in March of next year, so I was hoping that the Lucid would be ready by then.

I'm a deposit holder also. Though, the timing might not work out for me if they do intend to start with just the top of the line "Dream" models. My current lease ends in March of next year, so I was hoping that the Lucid would be ready by then.

As best I understand the 255 limited production number was for the original planned "Launch" Edition. At some point the strategy changed and Lucid instead decided to replace the Launch edition with the "Dream" Edition and not limit it to 255 units. Lucid has not revealed how many "Dream" Editions they will build. I do know that they were still accepting reservations for the Dream Edition just a few weeks ago. My belief is that they will build as many of the higher priced / higher margin Dream Editions as possible. My Sales Associate did confirm yesterday that only the Dream Edition will be built at first prior to switching over to a lower optioned edition and no more Dream Editions will be built at that point. I seriously doubt that they will be delivering non Dream Editions by March of 2021. That also assumes there are no production start up delays. If there are the Dream Edition will be pushed back further.

Last edited:
Back