Looking forward!

Lucken

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Pure, BMW i4
Referral Code
97KPWDUB
New member here. I recently put down a deposit for the Air Pure, so I imagine I have a long torturous path ahead of me. ;)

I'm not sure how much activity we see in the forum given the limited membership, but I'm sure I'll learn quite a bit here. Looking forward to the adventure

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe
I recently put down a deposit for the Air Pure, so I imagine I have a long torturous path ahead of me. ;)

I put down my deposit in September 2018. The wait has been excruciating.

I also put down a deposit on a Rivian R1S shortly after I reserved the Lucid. The Rivian won't go into production until September of this year.

However, the Rivian forum has been very active for a couple of years -- hundreds of members, thousands of posts, and robust discussions about every aspect (real and imagined) of the Rivian vehicles. It has really helped pass the time until the vehicles arrive.

Lucid gets a lot of mention in the auto press, almost invariably positive. I remain perplexed at how little activity the two Lucid forums I've found generate. Perhaps the Lucid price point draws a less internet-oriented buyer demographic?

Yes, I've noticed that too between the 2 Lucid forums. Unfortunately they're really stagnant. I would have expected a lot more activity.

I supposed it might pick up as time goes on and they get closer to production.

Despite all the fanboy obsession over tenths of a second, the road performance of the Lucid Air Dream Edition and the new Tesla Model S Plaid+ will be indistinguishable to the driver.

Tesla has gone full "video arcade" with the interior design of the updated Model S. For buyers who are considering whether to plop down $160K for an EV sedan, I wonder which design will be the more appealing.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 8.29.00 AM.png

Last edited:
Old enough and lucky en
Despite all the fanboy obsession over tenths of a second, the road performance of the Lucid Air Dream Edition and the new Tesla Model S Plaid+ will be indistinguishable to the driver.

Tesla has gone full "video arcade" with the interior design of the updated Model S. For buyers who are considering whether to plop down $160K for an EV sedan, I wonder which design will be the more appealing.

View attachment 74
I am old enough and lucky enough to own both cars. I can tell you that the Lucid Air is better sorted out dynamically. Not sure how Lucid accomplished this feat with "plain old fashion springs" but it is clearly superior in road feel. PLaid can almost snap your neck at any speed if it is floored while the Lucid accelerates in a more linear fashion.

Old enough and lucky en

I am old enough and lucky enough to own both cars. I can tell you that the Lucid Air is better sorted out dynamically. Not sure how Lucid accomplished this feat with "plain old fashion springs" but it is clearly superior in road feel. PLaid can almost snap your neck at any speed if it is floored while the Lucid accelerates in a more linear fashion.

So that must mean Plaid is more logrithmic?

I have been posting along these lines on other threads. We got a Model S Plaid (21" wheels) on August 21 and took delivery of our Dream Performance (21" wheels) on December 31.

We got our Plaid just before Tesla did an OTA update of the front suspension settings. Before that, the Plaid front end went so light under hard acceleration that the car was downright dangerous with its swaying back and forth. (Some reviewers referred to this as torque steer. It wasn't; it was the physics of rearward weight transfer and unloading of the front tires.) After the update, the problem still remained noticeable. We have learned not to get too deep into the throttle on any public roads.

By contrast, the Lucid in Sprint mode might be the tiniest tick slower, but the front end stays much more planted. In fact, we feel we can play with all the accelerative punch in the Lucid but fear to do so in the Plaid. Thus, in actual use, we find the Plaid quicker.

I have been posting along these lines on other threads. We got a Model S Plaid (21" wheels) on August 21 and took delivery of our Dream Performance (21" wheels) on December 31.

We got our Plaid just before Tesla did an OTA update of the front suspension settings. Before that, the Plaid front end went so light under hard acceleration that the car was downright dangerous with its swaying back and forth. (Some reviewers referred to this as torque steer. It wasn't; it was the physics of rearward weight transfer and unloading of the front tires.) After the update, the problem still remained noticeable. We have learned not to get too deep into the throttle on any public roads.

By contrast, the Lucid in Sprint mode might be the tiniest tick slower, but the front end stays much more planted. In fact, we feel we can play with all the accelerative punch in the Lucid but fear to do so in the Plaid. Thus, in actual use, we find the Plaid quicker.
The Plaid or the Lucid? Either way, no one is really driving that fast regularly for it to matter.

The Plaid or the Lucid? Either way, no one is really driving that fast regularly for it to matter.

Sorry, I meant we find the Lucid quicker (just made an edit). I find I get their names crossed often. Thanks for the catch.

We live in a semi-rural area. In the last few miles to our house we are still on a 6-lane divided highway with traffic lights that often have no cars on the road ahead. So we actually do often play with the acceleration of these cars with jack rabbit take-offs.

We also buy a lot of tires.

Back