• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Locked out

Did you try just pushing the door handle without doing anything else? I've left the fob in the car and if you do that it just unlocks.
That's interesting. Does it mean that if you are sitting in the locked car at a traffic light, and someone pushes in on the door handle, the car unlocks?

That's interesting. Does it mean that if you are sitting in the locked car at a traffic light, and someone pushes in on the door handle, the car unlocks?
Not when the car is in drive... never tested if it's parked lol

Not when the car is in drive... never tested if it's parked lol
Doesn’t work when parked, I originally tried that when getting the car as my Tesla would auto open the doors. My fiancé tried pushing in the handle and nothing happened, before knowing about the unlock on the the pilot panel (you informed me at the time) I reached across and pulled the door trigger

2.0 fixes this.
I believe, once you get UX20, those hiccup will go away.
I’ve never had the valet card fail so not sure what happened in @histal case. On 2.0 entry/door handles has worked for me 100% of the time via any method though.

So I didn't mention that I am actually on version 2. I was on 2.0.something, but not the latest one that takes 115 minutes- got that when I finally got home last night. So it was 2.0.12 or something right before it. So that is not it. Valet card is always in my wallet, but it didn't bail me out, so I don't know what to say. As for not having a mechanical safekey, I think I would have preferred that to the valet key. All I can think of is that the phone was in the car and that screwed it up. But it means both the FOB and valet card won't open it. So I guess I am stuck taking my cellphone everywhere.
Problem with trying to make a product that is completely electronic with nothing manual is that ANY electronic/computer/software glitch or total failure screws you. The a/c buttons and window buttons and door handles are a good thing, thank god they didn't try to make those electronic softkeys also. I wish they had kept a manual glovebox handle, emergency manual key to get in the car, emergency handbrake in case your car starts rolling downhill.

The silly experience last night was painful, but at least not dangerous like my car on the highway when it died. Still, it is something that I am thinking more and more about. Reinventing the wheel isn't so great. When the car works, it works well. Driving is good, not going to the gas station is awesome. The backseat is fantastic space, I keep hearing from my family (I wish I got to sit back there). Range is pretty decent (I get about 70% of what is says I will). But the intrinsic thought behind the car engineering, I am not impressed. Supposedly they learned from Tesla's mistakes. I didn't look at Tesla because of all the issues with them having seen many friends with Teslas. But Lucid doesn't seem to be any better to me.

It is a good car. But is is not a great car.

So I didn't mention that I am actually on version 2. I was on 2.0.something, but not the latest one that takes 115 minutes- got that when I finally got home last night. So it was 2.0.12 or something right before it. So that is not it. Valet card is always in my wallet, but it didn't bail me out, so I don't know what to say. As for not having a mechanical safekey, I think I would have preferred that to the valet key. All I can think of is that the phone was in the car and that screwed it up. But it means both the FOB and valet card won't open it. So I guess I am stuck taking my cellphone everywhere.
Problem with trying to make a product that is completely electronic with nothing manual is that ANY electronic/computer/software glitch or total failure screws you. The a/c buttons and window buttons and door handles are a good thing, thank god they didn't try to make those electronic softkeys also. I wish they had kept a manual glovebox handle, emergency manual key to get in the car, emergency handbrake in case your car starts rolling downhill.

The silly experience last night was painful, but at least not dangerous like my car on the highway when it died. Still, it is something that I am thinking more and more about. Reinventing the wheel isn't so great. When the car works, it works well. Driving is good, not going to the gas station is awesome. The backseat is fantastic space, I keep hearing from my family (I wish I got to sit back there). Range is pretty decent (I get about 70% of what is says I will). But the intrinsic thought behind the car engineering, I am not impressed. Supposedly they learned from Tesla's mistakes. I didn't look at Tesla because of all the issues with them having seen many friends with Teslas. But Lucid doesn't seem to be any better to me.

It is a good car. But is is not a great car.
To be clear, when I say “2.0” I mean 2.0.15 aka the big one that has all the features. The releases prior to that are just plumbing.

I disagree on the rest, but that’s okay. I’ll be curious to see how you feel after you get the update with all of the bells and whistles and fixes.

We had an issue last night at a rest stop where after we stepped out for just a moment, the Lucid locked its doors and the alarm beeped with the dog inside. Then it wouldn’t unlock right away.

After a few seconds, the Lucid unlocked and all was well. Weird though.

I thought that the dog was making a run for it but fortunately she can’t steer and reach the accelerator at the same time.

We had an issue last night at a rest stop where after we stepped out for just a moment, the Lucid locked its doors and the alarm beeped with the dog inside. Then it wouldn’t unlock right away.

After a few seconds, the Lucid unlocked and all was well. Weird though.

I thought that the dog was making a run for it but fortunately she can’t steer and reach the accelerator at the same time.
Again, Pet Mode would be nice

- Set climate control for pet
- Disable seat sensor
- Screen on or external speaker to let bystanders know pets are safe
- If battery goes below 3%, turn off HVAC, open a little bit of 4 windows and message mobile app to alert owner condition.

Locked my car with the fob with my phone inside and on dog mode. Returned 10 minutes later and the car would not recognize the fob. No response at all. Out of desperation I tried to open the trunk manually and it opened. I crawled through the back seat to open the car.
Good to know, before you go

Read this article last night. Thought it was very informative since we've read a number of users on the forum encounter the same or similar issues.

With my Polestar 2, while the mobile key feature worked I never felt it was super responsive on unlocking so I learned to walk with the activity key in addition to having the mobile key setup and I haven't had issues since. Plus I have a peace mind that if one unlock method failed I had a backup. I plan to do the same with the Lucid. Looks like I will have to add the valet key to my wallet as well.

Been there done that. I posted somewhere in this forum. What’s worst is you bring valet key card but left that key card in your wallet locked in the car as my situation. So for me, I now have mobile key(phone), mobile app and valet key in my wallet me on all the time. Fob to me is optional. If you just get this car, I recommend get all optional entry with you at beginning.
Read this article last night. Thought it was very informative since we've read a number of users on the forum encounter the same or similar issues.

With my Polestar 2, while the mobile key feature worked I never felt it was super responsive on unlocking so I learned to walk with the activity key in addition to having the mobile key setup and I haven't had issues since. Plus I have a peace mind that if one unlock method failed I had a backup. I plan to do the same with the Lucid. Looks like I will have to add the valet key to my wallet as well.
We have Polestar 2 too. You have to hold mobile phone key on you and the other hand to grab door handle to unlock. It sort of as using static electricity of Bluetooth. I kind of prefer this way way of surely unlock than Lucid proximity sensitivity.

Been there done that. I posted somewhere in this forum. What’s worst is you bring valet key card but left that key card in your wallet locked in the car as my situation. So for me, I now have mobile key(phone), mobile app and valet key in my wallet me on all the time. Fob to me is optional. If you just get this car, I recommend get all optional entry with you at beginning.

We have Polestar 2 too. You have to hold mobile phone key on you and the other hand to grab door handle to unlock. It sort of as using static electricity of Bluetooth. I kind of prefer this way way of surely unlock than Lucid proximity sensitivity.
The Edmunds guy didn't have mobile key setup either. If he did, he probably would have been fine since you don't need cell service with mobile key.

Is there any auto maker out there who has figured out a fool proof way to prevent someone from locking themselves out of the car?
Maybe not foolproof but my Audi refuses to lock if it detects a key fob inside the car. If you try to lock it by touching the outside of the door handle, you will hear the car lock and then immediately unlock. Granted it's a 2013 and doesn't have auto-lock anyway, but it seems like a similar concept could be applied. Probably wouldn't work if the fob battery was dead but at least it helped with the few times the fob slipped out of my pocket or I happened to leave the fob in the cupholder while driving because the pants I wore were too tight.

Maybe not foolproof but my Audi refuses to lock if it detects a key fob inside the car. If you try to lock it by touching the outside of the door handle, you will hear the car lock and then immediately unlock. Granted it's a 2013 and doesn't have auto-lock anyway, but it seems like a similar concept could be applied. Probably wouldn't work if the fob battery was dead but at least it helped with the few times the fob slipped out of my pocket or I happened to leave the fob in the cupholder while driving because the pants I wore were too tight.
BMW does this too, it was actually impossible to lock the key in the trunk, a big difference is the Audi key also won't lock without it detecting the key nearby outside of the car this happened to me several times after dropping the wife off somewhere and then going to park the car.

That makes sense and I do believe that's what I read and attempted. Sadly I'll most likely be selling it this week. As I'm sure you know it is a fun car and they got a lot right.
The Edmunds guy didn't have mobile key setup either. If he did, he probably would have been fine since you don't need cell service with mobile key.
I agree. There is no reason not to have this setup as a backup even if you're not going to use it as primary key. It sounded like the writer was not aware of the feature and just thought he was already using it since he could lock/unlock from the app. Not sure if this was due to it being a loaned company vehicle or just not bothering to learn all the capabilities of the vehicle.
My previous two Infiniti also behaved similarly. Had a few times where I left key in cupholder and it refused to lock which let you know you left the key inside. But as you said those vehicles do not auto lock/unlock. I can't imagine that would be impossible to implement but it seems that with the proliferation of mobile keys that is no longer the case as fob is no longer the only way to gain entry to or use the vehicle.

That makes sense and I do believe that's what I read and attempted. Sadly I'll most likely be selling it this week. As I'm sure you know it is a fun car and they got a lot right.

I agree. There is no reason not to have this setup as a backup even if you're not going to use it as primary key. It sounded like the writer was not aware of the feature and just thought he was already using it since he could lock/unlock from the app. Not sure if this was due to it being a loaned company vehicle or just not bothering to learn all the capabilities of the vehicle.

My previous two Infiniti also behaved similarly. Had a few times where I left key in cupholder and it refused to lock which let you know you left the key inside. But as you said those vehicles do not auto lock/unlock. I can't imagine that would be impossible to implement but it seems that with the proliferation of mobile keys that is no longer the case as fob is no longer the only way to gain entry to or use the vehicle.
If you leave the Lucid key fob in the car, the car will retract the mirrors and door handles to appear locked. If you push in your door handles it will unlock for you. You can't get locked out, but it appears locked.

Are you selling PS2 to get Lucid?
Let me know what is market condition you get for that car. I don’t see much transactions for PS2 for reference. While comparing M3 and PS2, we found PS2 is more appealing for upgraded cabin with Napa leather over M3 interior. PS2 also feel tight and safe like a traditional Volvo, but it is small car. Price comparison with Lucid Pure, we actually find more value with Lucid Pure.

What a story to share! I think maybe down the road Lucid should consider facial recognition unlock at B-Pillar camera like implementation in Genesis as 5th way of entry. Then you might lend the car to friend or wife who may not registered their face but left phone and fob inside and get locked out too.
Yes. I can even start and drive the car without the fob or card or phone by using the facial recognition to get in and the fingerprint scanner to start the car. But I don't. I just keep the fob in my pocket and the spare fob and card in a farraday pouch in my house.

Yes. I can even start and drive the car without the fob or card or phone by using the facial recognition to get in and the fingerprint scanner to start the car. But I don't. I just keep the fob in my pocket and the spare fob and card in a farraday pouch in my house.
But it is good feature to have in case you lock your fob or wallet with key card or mobile key inside the car. Those Korean IT guys really hustle with latest convenience. I see GE, Kitchen Aid, Maytag, Fridgidaire, Kenmore and Whirlpool appliances are outsmarted by Samsung and LG features. 😔

If you leave the Lucid key fob in the car, the car will retract the mirrors and door handles to appear locked. If you push in your door handles it will unlock for you. You can't get locked out, but it appears locked.
Thanks for the additional information.
Are you selling PS2 to get Lucid?
Let me know what is market condition you get for that car. I don’t see much transactions for PS2 for reference. While comparing M3 and PS2, we found PS2 is more appealing for upgraded cabin with Napa leather over M3 interior. PS2 also feel tight and safe like a traditional Volvo, but it is small car. Price comparison with Lucid Pure, we actually find more value with Lucid Pure.
Yes, that is my plan. I have someone lined up. I'll let you know once everything is completed.

This is the key (no pun intended).

Lack of cell service can absolutely happen, but the mobile key being setup would prevent it from being an issue as it doesn't need cell service at all. The fob should have worked (without battery, I mean) and that's a bug for sure, but the mobile key would have worked without issue unless the car were completely out of battery, at which point you've got bigger issues.

The crux of this piece is 'set up your mobile key'

Back