locked in while in the backseat?

Atxmarco

Reaction score
My last couple of adventures have involved almost being locked out. Now i almost was locked in?
So after work yesterday i arrived for a padel match alone and was changing in the back seat. I left my mobile key in the front charger and did linger back there for about 10 minutes, after all it’s a great place to be.

Next everything went blank and the car locked, suprisingly i was unable to open either of the back doors from the inside via the lever or app.
Was getting close to match time so i just hopped into the front seat and all was well.

Anything odd about this other than me changing clothes in my car?

My last couple of adventures have involved almost being locked out. Now i almost was locked in?
So after work yesterday i arrived for a padel match alone and was changing in the back seat. I left my mobile key in the front charger and did linger back there for about 10 minutes, after all it’s a great place to be.

Next everything went blank and the car locked, suprisingly i was unable to open either of the back doors from the inside via the lever or app.
Was getting close to match time so i just hopped into the front seat and all was well.

Did you try pulling back really hard for the manual release?

No, but will try that next time. Still being gentle with her. As a disclaimer, on my road trip back from chicago to austin, It took me an embarrasingly long time to realize how far the turn signal had to be pushed up for it to stay on.

I've never been locked in but I do get warnings on the Pilot Panel when charging the car that it will be locking in so many seconds and ask if I'm still in the car.
Learn something new every day. Reminds me of an episode on the HBO series 'Silicon Valley' whereby a guy got locked in a 'self driving smart' car and summarily was shipped off to a tech entrepreneur's private island.

I’ve had this happen to my girlfriend. Locked her in the passenger seat with the dog in the back seat while I ran inside the store. Left my phone in the car so she had no way to contact me. She was a little freaked out to say the least in the AZ heat. I was only going 5 minutes thankfully.

A possible theory… were the child locks on?

Glad to hear that fixed it! A question for owners, how do you turn the locks on/off?
We can't tell you, then you can let yourself out. But for owners, main pilot panel, openings, child lock

We can't tell you, then you can let yourself out. But for owners, main pilot panel, openings, child lock
15 is Definitely not the target age for that "feature!" 🤣 In fact, I'd almost be willing to bet that you don't have child locks enabled in your car!

15 is Definitely not the target age for that "feature!" 🤣 In fact, I'd almost be willing to bet that you don't have child locks enabled in your car!
Wanna make a bet in a few minutes? I guarantee I’ll win

Wanna make a bet in a few minutes? I guarantee I’ll win
Well, I can't legally gamble until I'm 18, and considering you've met @hydbob before, I'm almost guaranteed to lose. Nevertheless, if he does use child locks, I'll give you a dollar in person if/when we meet in the future! Feel free to hold me to it. 🤣

Back