Loaner vehicle when in service?

Lyrical

Still waiting for my Touring but with people mentioning some long service timeframes for fixes on errors, I was wondering, does Lucid give you a loaner vehicle when addressing issues for more than a few hours?

They can give you a rental, usually done through Hertz, but other locations may handle it differently. BH has used both a local rental dealership and Hertz.

They drove out to my house in the rental and drove back my car. Simple and easy. They just needed my DL and insurance info for the rental.

The sooner Lucid can get a loaner fleet the better as they're basically beholden to what Hertz has available. My experience with the Hertz rentals hasn't been positive at all but to Lucid's credit they did try to rectify so I don't hold it against them. They're just stuck with whatever Hertz deems appropriate \ has in inventory.

They will book it for you through Hertz. If Hertz has no availability (or doesn’t work for some other reason, for example your garage can’t fit an SUV) they will have you rent your own car and reimburse you.

In general, they’ll just book you a vehicle through Hertz and have it waiting for you at the service center (or Hertz will pick you up). I signed my contract at the service center and drove away with the rental at Millbrae.

I didn’t need one so didn’t ask, but they will Lyft me to pick up the car.

Still waiting for my Touring but with people mentioning some long service timeframes for fixes on errors, I was wondering, does Lucid give you a loaner vehicle when addressing issues for more than a few hours?
I got an Audi Q5. This is the second time with this rental. Had the rental longer than the Lucid at this point

They drove out to my house in the rental and drove back my car. Simple and easy. They just needed my DL and insurance info for the rental.
That's nice/convenient. I would assume the differences in service (lyft/drop off at house/rental waiting at service) is location/site dependent based on resources, etc.

I got a Tesla Model 3 as my loaner. The Hertz rep said I could pick just about anything that they had. I preferred an EV.
That's good to know. I would assume there is some variability by location but hope it's pretty standard across the board.

I didn’t need one so didn’t ask, but they will Lyft me to pick up the car.
I assume yours was a same-day type deal?

I got an Audi Q5. This is the second time with this rental. Had the rental longer than the Lucid at this point
Geez, sorry to hear. Hope things resolve soon, and permanently. Doesn't seem like this is the norm, though.

I assume yours was a same-day type deal?
No, mine was a 3-day thing.
Got to ride in the back seat of a Tesla 3 for the first time. It's like an electric Honda Civic. Probably not very comfortable for long trip. The display showed cars in the adjacent lanes, but I don't know how useful this is because if I were a driver changing lane, I wouldn't look sideway and downward. Would be more helpful is this were a HUD instead.

Much depends on where you are located. If you are close to a Service Center, you will, most likely, get a better experience than if you are not. As for sourcing your own car and getting reimbursed, my experience was that it took them over six weeks from the time I sent them my receipts until the time I got my reimbursement. I had to "prompt" them quite a few times before someone actually told me that "the check was in the mail".

They gave me the number to the local Hertz manager, who I called, but never called me back. Granted that this was before the national Hertz deal was signed, but I really do not think it would have made a difference. They did not offer to provide any type of transportation to pick up said rental. I ended up getting something nicer from Turo and got pre-approval before doing so. It then took me six+ weeks to get reimbursement, long after I had already paid my credit card bill.

I got a Tesla Model 3 from Hertz. I’m coming up on 30 days with it which I think is the max allowed for a Hertz rental so Lucid is working with them to extend it.

Back