Lightly-used EQS is now less expensive than a new Model 3 LR

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
My husband just bought a used 2023 MB, EQS 580 SUV, 9k miles, driven for only 9 months with 1 driver (the chauffeur drove the owner around). 70K w/o taxes and it is optioned out. That is pretty crazy depreciation considering they start at 125K.

My husband just bought a used 2023 MB, EQS 580 SUV, 9k miles, driven for only 9 months with 1 driver (the chauffeur drove the owner around). 70K w/o taxes and it is optioned out. That is pretty crazy depreciation considering they start at 125K.
How do you like it? I've seen a review that felt that the EQS gave a smoother ride than the Lucid. But I didn't like the crazy ambient lighting.

How do you like it? I've seen a review that felt that the EQS gave a smoother ride than the Lucid. But I didn't like the crazy ambient lighting.
Getting it next week. The lighting was a turn off for me. It's kinda like being in a tacky limousine IMO.

If the inside didn't look like an 80's Gentleman's Club, that car might be an option. We test-drove one when we were looking for my wife's last car, which wound up being the M50, and I thought I got trapped inside of 2001 a Space Odyssey. The concept Buick Wildcat was an example of a pleasant retro-futuristic aesthetic but Mercedes picked the wrong era to call back to and it just doesn't appeal to me. The Buick used Art Decco styling cues and Mercedes went Mid-Century but not the good parts of that design.

I just drove an EQS SUV at a MB focus group. I the ride was very smooth and comparable to Lucid. I did not like regen at all.
If you could gauge it, how was the handling compared to the Lucid?

Currently traveling in Japan, I can say I have seen more MB EQS and Porsches Taycan than Tesla here in past 8 days.

Back