Lifetime miles per kw

dolphinsafe

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid AT (QG,SC,DDP)
Does anyone know if there's a screen that shows lifetime miles per kw?

Does anyone know if there's a screen that shows lifetime miles per kw?
Under trip information in your pilot panel, if you haven’t cleared any of the trips for the duration of your cars life, that will be it. If you’ve cleared all of them, SOL.
Gear icon -> vehicle -> trip information

Yes - I figured that out - but there should be some lifetime stat - I'm fairly certain it's in the meta data somewhere - they just need to show it.

Considering they have blocked USB ports abilities to play music to prevent potential unwanted poking around, I’d say that info may be hard to come by outside of the trip information panel. My MS was the same way, and they allow people to poke around.

I am leaving trip B untouched to match the odometer for now. At 780 miles I see 3.6 miles per KWh.
Did anyone try to capture that? That is true indicator for each of us based on our driving style.

I am leaving trip B untouched to match the odometer for now. At 780 miles I see 3.6 miles per KWh.
Did anyone try to capture that? That is true indicator for each of us based on our driving style.
I've let my trips A & B accumulate since about 300 miles - now on 3900 miles. My lifetime averages is 3.0. I suppose that's the difference between 21" and 19" wheels.

I've let my trips A & B accumulate since about 300 miles - now on 3900 miles. My lifetime averages is 3.0. I suppose that's the difference between 21" and 19" wheels.
I doubt the difference is that much

I doubt the difference is that much
The difference is definitely that much! I just drove to Dallas and back - almost 200 miles round trip. Either on cruise or highway assist the entire way. Only slightly over the posted speed limit on occasion. 3.0 for the trip. I think the 21" wheels drop about 20% off range (compared to the best possible scenario) - and advertised range is not at 70-75 - it's more like 50-55. Can I get actual rated range? Maybe. But I'd probably have to driver 35 at all times.

On a bright note - the recent update (2.0.52) updates the "guessometer" to be much more accurate. It predicted the actual arrival range to within 2 miles on the way out - however, the return arrival range was off by almost 16 miles. It may have been off because the temperature had dropped.

The difference is definitely that much! I just drove to Dallas and back - almost 200 miles round trip. Either on cruise or highway assist the entire way. Only slightly over the posted speed limit on occasion. 3.0 for the trip. I think the 21" wheels drop about 20% off range (compared to the best possible scenario) - and advertised range is not at 70-75 - it's more like 50-55. Can I get actual rated range? Maybe. But I'd probably have to driver 35 at all times.

On a bright note - the recent update (2.0.52) updates the "guessometer" to be much more accurate. It predicted the actual arrival range to within 2 miles on the way out - however, the return arrival range was off by almost 16 miles. It may have been off because the temperature had dropped.
I am averaging 20% below the epa range at 3.6 vs 415 miles / 92 KWh battery. 50% streets 50% highway 5 to 10 over the 65mph local limit. What is the epa range of your car with 21"?

I am averaging 20% below the epa range at 3.6 vs 415 miles / 92 KWh battery. 50% streets 50% highway 5 to 10 over the 65mph local limit.
Like I said - advertised range is not realistic. Even with 19" wheels. In theory - I should be getting 425 minus whatever hit I take for having 21" wheels. But that's 100 to 0. I left this morning with 339 on the battery - arrived home with 49 miles. I drove 200 miles. That means I'm losing 30% or so. But it worse than that. If I charge to 100% it already takes into account my wheels so - max battery is around 386. That means they predict that the 21" wheels knock 10% off.

Advertised range is 4.6 miles per kw. And that might be possible - but all the stars must align. Temperature is the enemy right now - it's 45. If it were 70 or 75 the range would be much better. I think I've seen somewhere around 3.2 or 3.3 when it was 70 but it wasn't warm enough long enough to do any real testing.

Like I said - advertised range is not realistic. Even with 19" wheels. In theory - I should be getting 425 minus whatever hit I take for having 21" wheels. But that's 100 to 0. I left this morning with 339 on the battery - arrived home with 49 miles. I drove 200 miles. That means I'm losing 30% or so. But it worse than that. If I charge to 100% it already takes into account my wheels so - max battery is around 386. That means they predict that the 21" wheels knock 10% off.

Advertised range is 4.6 miles per kw. And that might be possible - but all the stars must align. Temperature is the enemy right now - it's 45. If it were 70 or 75 the range would be much better. I think I've seen somewhere around 3.2 or 3.3 when it was 70 but it wasn't warm enough long enough to do any real testing.
Just remember 4.6mi/kwh is on 19s not 21s. But yea I somehow got 4.1mi/kwh today over 60 miles. Temp was mid 50s and I set the ACC to 70, but was mostly stuck behind a truck going 65.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230218_205216_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218_205216_Chrome.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 99

Keep it at a maximum of 70 mph and you will see a significant increase in efficiency.

It’s roughly 12~15% off as I was told.
4.6 mi/kWh is for 19”.

Temperature and HVAC are your drain. At 70F ~ 80F, you will see much improvement than at 45F.

Most efficient speed is at 45~60 mph. I’ve seen 3.8 mi/kWh in my 21” tripmeter in moderate freeway traffic.

My lifetime is 3.0 mi/kWh over 7000 miles, I simply cannot drive slow with this car. I have also seen 2.6 mi/kWh in tripmeter going to Dallas on 520 miles round trip. I was driving 80~110 mph in some long stretch of I-45 at 55F.

To have 3.9~4.0 mi/kWh on 21” is possible, but like you said, very ideal scenario.

It’s roughly 12~15% off as I was told.

4.6 mi/kWh is for 19”.

Temperature and HVAC are your drain. At 70F ~ 80F, you will see much improvement than at 45F.

Most efficient speed is at 45~60 mph. I’ve seen 3.8 mi/kWh in my 21” tripmeter in moderate freeway traffic.

My lifetime is 3.0 mi/kWh over 7000 miles, I simply cannot drive slow with this car. I have also seen 2.6 mi/kWh in tripmeter going to Dallas on 520 miles round trip. I was driving 80~110 mph in some long stretch of I-45 at 55F.

To have 3.9~4.0 mi/kWh on 21” is possible, but like you said, very ideal scenario.
Sorry - I just don't see it. I can "guarantee" that I can't get anywhere near 3.4. I can pull out of my driveway - go 1/2 mile down the county road to the stop sign, take a left, drive 1200 feet to another stop sign and then 12 miles at 55 mph to the grocery store. There are no stops on that 12 mile journey. I'll get - at best - 3.0. That's on cruise. Going another direction - it's maybe 16 miles - basically the same scenario - that one is 70mph at parts but generally 65. I usually get around 2.8.

I've done it enough times to know that 3.0 appears to be where my car sits. That would put my 100% range around 276 miles.

As far as the 12-15% drop - that's pre-calculated in my vehicle range. 100% charge does not indicate 425 - it's 386. But it won't go anywhere near 386. Yesterday was 200 miles and I might have been able to make it 240 - with a starting range of 339.

Perhaps there's something wrong.

Would you be willing to place a wager on that?

I think Bobby was comparing 70 mph to the higher speeds that are common on major highways. DOT data shows that speeds on U.S. interstates average close to 80 mph. Aerodynamic drag increases exponentially with speed and is the biggest factor in efficiency in high-speed driving. So if you keep your speed limited to a maximum of 70 mph instead of driving at prevailing highway speeds, you will, in fact, see a significant increase in efficiency.

I think Bobby was comparing 70 mph to the higher speeds that are common on major highways. DOT data shows that speeds on U.S. interstates average close to 80 mph. Aerodynamic drag increases exponentially with speed and is the biggest factor in efficiency in high-speed driving. So if you keep your speed limited to a maximum of 70 mph instead of driving at prevailing highway speeds, you will, in fact, see a significant increase in efficiency.
I'm sorry - I can't help but think you guys are trying to gaslight me. I live in North East Texas. We don't have 80mph roads. The fastest you can go legally is 75 on some stretches of I-30 and I-20. And those roads are 30 miles from here.

Perhaps Lucids perform differently on the East and West coasts. But in NE TX I get - at best, lifetime average - 3.0 miles per kw. I've never seen anything over 3.3.
Today - I need to go to the grocery store. Since the guessometer has been updated - I'll put the destination in and see how well it predicts arrival range. I'll turn off HVAC and will leave around 12pm - that way the temp will be 61. My guess is - 30 miles (round trip) and it will cost me 10kw. And the max speed will be 55mph.

I'm not really complaining - other than the completely BS range ratings - the car is fantastic. But I don't see - In my wildest dreams - the car ever getting anywhere near 3.6 mpkw. What's even more frustrating is - my range has been pre-depreciated. It would be one thing if a full charge showed 425 (as advertised) and I could subtract the 15% or so for the 21" wheels. But they've pre-calculated a 10% reduction right off the top. And, what it appears is, I'm getting an additional loss of 20%-25% on top of the predicted loss. That translates to a 35% drop from "rated" range - or 276 miles on a full charge (to zero) - which appears to be exactly what I'm seeing.

If the 21" wheels cost 20% - which is likely - I should be able to get 3.68 miles per kw. That's best case - with no HVAC.

I'm sorry - I can't help but think you guys are trying to gaslight me.
This comment serves no purpose; please be careful. Nobody here is trying to gaslight you, and we’re all trying to help. We understand you’re frustrated, but nobody is trying to gaslight you; we are just seeing different numbers.

I'm sorry - I can't help but think you guys are trying to gaslight me. I live in North East Texas. We don't have 80mph roads. The fastest you can go legally is 75 on some stretches of I-30 and I-20. And those roads are 30 miles from here.

I'm not trying to gaslight you. I simply said that Bobby's statement was true in terms of comparing driving at 70 mph to driving at the higher speeds that prevail on most major highways. Neither he nor I suggested that would mean the Lucid would get anywhere near its EPA range at 70 mph.

And I don't know of anywhere in the U.S. that has 80-mph speed limits. That's a different matter, though, than what speeds people actually drive. DOT studies show average speeds on highways well exceed the speed limits. The 50-mph speed limit on the local 6-lane road I drive most frequently would more likely get you rear-ended than keep you safe. At any speed below 60 mph most cars are passing me, and some at a good clip. Local word is that the deputies don't pull you for speeding on that road unless you're doing over 65. I have radar detectors in our cars, and I've maintained speeds around 60-62 on that road often enough while driving through police radar fields without being stopped to know it's true.

I've never seen anything over 3.3 m/kWh on our car, either. When driving at sustained 80 mph speed in optimum conditions (warm, dry weather in smooth traffic on relatively flat terrain) we get around 3.0-3.1 m/kWh in our Dream Performance on 21" wheels compared to the EPA rating of 3.9 m/kWh.

That ratio is about par for the course in EVs that use the 5-cycle EPA test protocols. In fact, the Lucid slightly betters our Model S Plaid when driving in similar conditions. The Lucid gets 78-79% of its 451-mile EPA range, while the Tesla gets around 72-73% of its 348 rated range.

Back