Lidar Blocked whenever it rains - what does the Lidar do?

I just had the Lidar blocked error appear several times today for the first time while it was lightly raining and I have driven the vehicle often in rain. I am on 2.0.55. I feel like something has changed with a recent update as I have never seen this error previously.

Lidar is part of DD Pro. Lucid has been somewhat slow in implementing DD Pro. Perhaps the Lidar was "turned off" until a recent update turned it on and that was why you never got the messages before. Just wondering.

I live in Arizona. It doesn't rain much here. I've only driven my Lucid on one occasion on a rainy day. The rain was not intense, more like a light rain/mist. And the Lidar error came on multiple times.
I think this problem is real, not fictious.

Lidar is part of DD Pro. Lucid has been somewhat slow in implementing DD Pro. Perhaps the Lidar was "turned off" until a recent update turned it on and that was why you never got the messages before. Just wondering.
Interesting theory

For all you guys experiencing these issues, question, has your car been ceramic coated? I've never seen an issue in light drizzle.
Yupper, ppf and ceramic coated. The error usually goes away pretty quickly for me but comes up with most drizzle like rains.

Just got my Touring.

I got the "Clean LIDAR Sensor" message in a light rain.

Very light rain in Phoenix this morning; saw the message for the first time.

Another day of light rain in Dallas and another message. I never saw this before .55....

Should we be reporting to LUCID via text ?

IMG_1373.jpeg

It showed up on my drive to Monterey on Sunday. I would seem to go on and off as conditions changed.

Interesting. I was at my hip surgeon's office this morning and a Waymo autonomous vehicle was picking up a customer:

628e727313814.image.jpg

Note the Lidar on top of the car. It certainly would be ugly to put that on top of a Lucid Air, and it would not help the aerodynamics, but these Lidar units don't seem to have a trouble with rain.

B38943D6-CD68-4106-A97A-49A729AF827E.jpeg
114C4E6C-F0D1-41A6-B5DA-5630058ED19D.jpeg

Lucid Air with Lidar found in Germany.

MB, BMW, Audi and Porsche better watch out! 😂

I think those 'top hats' are very expensive 360-degree high resolution lidar units. My guess is that data from them would be compared against fused sensor data from the car's less expensive lidar/radar/cameras to refine the occupancy mode AI in development.

I think those 'top hats' are very expensive 360-degree high resolution lidar units. My guess is that data from them would be compared against fused sensor data from the car's less expensive lidar/radar/cameras to refine the occupancy mode AI in development.
So much for my theory that this was a prototype shark-fin antenna to improve the radio reception. ;)

Hey anyone have issues with the LiDAR sensor malfunction coming on when it’s raining? I contacted advisor multiple times. Pulled over and cleaned both upper and lower sensors in the rain but my error keeps on coming up. Service told me it’s normal when it rains and that they are working on an update? Not sure if that’s normal but oh well.

Hey anyone have issues with the LiDAR sensor malfunction coming on when it’s raining? I contacted advisor multiple times. Pulled over and cleaned both upper and lower sensors in the rain but my error keeps on coming up. Service told me it’s normal when it rains and that they are working on an update? Not sure if that’s normal but oh well.
Yes. Most (all?) of us on this thread have had this error in rain. Servicing saying an update is coming for this issue is new information tho.

Had that same issue with the LIDAR sensor two days during a steady rain. What was interesting was that while the error was present, noted that Highway Assist was not allowed, but adaptive cruise worked just fine.

Same here

Attachments

• B56E25F6-E4B3-44F9-9BD0-2C5F807E87D4.jpeg
    B56E25F6-E4B3-44F9-9BD0-2C5F807E87D4.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 76
Back