Lidar Blocked whenever it rains - what does the Lidar do?

No. Mine does not. I've talked to other owners while charging at Electrify America, and they also complain the same.

The owner's manual, page 97 says:

"WARNING: Adaptive Cruise Control may not detect stationary or slowmoving vehicles below 6 mph (10 km/h)."
I’m certain mine does. I get paranoid and pay attention and prepare for immediate braking if necessary. Running the risk of hijacking this thread but it’s inline with the OP’s LiDAR question I suppose…

Does anyone else’s car not slow and stop for other stopped cars in your lane? Those experiencing not stopping… is my threshold for braking just later than yours maybe? Do you not get the “BRAKE!” and audible sound on stopped cars in front of you w/o ACC set?

I’m certain mine does. I get paranoid and pay attention and prepare for immediate braking if necessary. Running the risk of hijacking this thread but it’s inline with the OP’s LiDAR question I suppose…

Does anyone else’s car not slow and stop for other stopped cars in your lane? Those experiencing not stopping… is my threshold for braking just later than yours maybe? Do you not get the “BRAKE!” and audible sound on stopped cars in front of you w/o ACC set?
It’s all about how far away they are when they stop.

If you are following someone, and they slow down to a stop, no problem. The car will detect that.

If you are driving along with no one in front of you, and then there are cars up ahead already stopped at a light or in traffic, the Air will not see that. It won’t stop until it gets very close, detects a collision coming, and slams the brakes. Not recommended to try this.

If you are following someone, and they slow down to a stop, no problem. The car will detect that.

If you are driving along with no one in front of you, and then there are cars up ahead already stopped at a light or in traffic, the Air will not see that. It won’t stop until it gets very close, detects a collision coming, and slams the brakes. Not recommended to try this.
I have run into the same situation on a couple occasions. Lucid is not able to detect cars ahead waiting on the red light and then runs into a situation of emergency braking. It does a good job when cars are in motion ahead of you and as they slow down it slows down but when cars ahead are not moving it fails.

I have run into the same situation on a couple occasions. Lucid is not able to detect cars ahead waiting on the red light and then runs into a situation of emergency braking. It does a good job when cars are in motion ahead of you and as they slow down it slows down but when cars ahead are not moving it fails.
Exactly. Which is why it warns you not to rely on stopping in the manual. Highway Assist is not designed for roads with stoplights.

Which makes me think they are not really incorporating LiDAR into the equation just yet. Because LiDAR is very good at that sort of thing. I'm thinking thus far it's the ultrasonic sensors only that detect the stopped objects in front, which is what? A range of 30 feet or so? Not even?

Traffic Jam Assist will eventually fix this. But for now, Lucid is not kidding when they say don't use Highway Assist to detect stopped traffic.

Exactly. Which is why it warns you not to rely on stopping in the manual. Highway Assist is not designed for roads with stoplights.

Which makes me think they are not really incorporating LiDAR into the equation just yet. Because LiDAR is very good at that sort of thing. I'm thinking thus far it's the ultrasonic sensors only that detect the stopped objects in front, which is what? A range of 30 feet or so? Not even?

Traffic Jam Assist will eventually fix this. But for now, Lucid is not kidding when they say don't use Highway Assist to detect stopped traffic.
Not using highway assist, this is with adaptive cruise control on the local streets. I think the Highway assist does a much better job in that sense. Looking forward to Traffic jam assist.

Which is why they are called "ADAS" systems as the driver still needs to drive the car. We are at Level 2 automation and I suspect we will be stuck there for a long time.

I also got it a couple of times when driving in mild (California) rain.

You should NOT get this message just because it rains... I drive in the rain all the time, and it doesn't happen for me.
I drove at 70mph on 101 and i15 and i5 HA in rain. The lidar message appeared at 35mph surface street for 1 sec 2 times in 2k miles of diving for me.

I live in the Chicago area, have a Touring, am on version .56 and also get the LiDAR sensor blocked message. It was raining a fine mist yesterday and I got the error message a couple times in my short 10 minute commute. It has not caused any issues for me yet other than giving the error message.

Southern California here but has been a wet winter.

Mine did it twice yesterday. Warning told me to clean it. Conditions were light rain, just kept driving. No further issues. Better yet, was taking my AGT into the service center in Seattle yesterday. Was by the rail road tracks. The LiDAR warning came on informing me to contact custumer service. As I was about 1000ft from the Lucid service center so I kept driving. I told the Lucid rep about the issue. She immediately asked if I was by the tracks. She knew before I could even finish my sentence where I was when I had the error. She informed me that the LiDAR was seeing to many reflective signs and that this causes the error. Seems like we all have these little hiccups. Hopefully they will be addressed. Not knowing about them and seeing the errors is concerning.

I ran into this yesterday. It was the third time I've driven my Touring and was raining lightly. Living in the Seattle area, it looks like I'll be seeing this error a lot, so I decided to email customer care.

Thank you for reaching out to Lucid Motors Customer Care. My name is Josh, and I will be happy to assist you.

LiDAR is a remote-sensing technology that uses laser beams to gather information about surrounding objects. Since you were driving in light rain, it is possible that streaks/droplets of water blocked a significant enough part of the LiDAR that caused the message/warning you received to appear.

For now, I don’t have any reason to believe that the LiDAR in your vehicle is not working properly since it didn’t say anything about a fault being detected. Clearly this is still something that should not be taken lightly, and I would like to ask you to monitor this concern and see if the message/warning will appear again while driving on a sunny day. If so, please let us know so we can have our service team involved and have them check in on this.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Customer Care is available 24/7 for support.

Thank you.

and

The Lidar tech is used to help with the ADAS in the vehicle. If it is blocked, it would effect the dream drive features. I hope this helps to answer your questions.

Please feel free to reach out if still have questions.

Warm Regards,

Angus Chiang

Really hope they find a way to improve the effectiveness / reduce the warnings.

Also, I saw this warning at low speed on the surface street. At highway speed the rain seems to get washed away by the wind on the LiDAR.

I received this error for the first today when driving on local roads. It was drizzling and I was driving at 10 MPH. I have driven on highways during heavy rains and this was not an issue then

For all you guys experiencing these issues, question, has your car been ceramic coated? I've never seen an issue in light drizzle.

Back