License plate fell off

No, I didn't. I was waiting for my black and yellow plate, which just came earlier this week (and it looks REALLY good on the matte grey, much better than the standard white one). I may just wait it out and try to go without one. Or not. Haven't decided yet. 🤷‍♂️
You can get the license plate wrap in black and yellow as well.

My plate holder looks like that too. What happened is that the threads got pulled out from the bracket and into those raised circles, which are just glued on. That apparently can happen if you overtighten the screws, so PSA: make your plate snug, but not tight. He also gave me longer screws to try to prevent this from happening again.
I was cautioned by the mobile service guy not to over tighten the screws when the plates arrive or you will have this issue. Lucid will replace ONCE, but after that it is on you.

I was cautioned by the mobile service guy not to over tighten the screws when the plates arrive or you will have this issue. Lucid will replace ONCE, but after that it is on you.
The mounting studs will come out when you take the screws out also, most of the time.

Here's a new one, for me anyway. I was washing my car earlier and my rear license plate fell off when I lightly bumped it while cleaning my bumper. It appears as though the plate is attached to the car by the 4 round adhesive things you see in the picture I have attached.

The screw threads are in the adhesive thingies, which are glued to the license plate holder on the rear bumper. There are no threads in the plate holder itself. Seems like a poor design choice by Lucid. I now have a ticket open for my first mobile service visit and will be keeping my plate in the rear window for the time being.

View attachment 3630

Just happened to me today. Brass sleeves fall out. Aaron from Beverly Hills will be sending out a tech tomorrow to put on a new one. Hope the new one has a better design! No worry on the front plate as I bought the license plate sticker!
Love it!

Just happened to me today. Brass sleeves fall out. Aaron from Beverly Hills will be sending out a tech tomorrow to put on a new one. Hope the new one has a better design! No worry on the front plate as I bought the license plate sticker!
Love it!

I'm curious as to when your car was built. This was a problem with the early Dream Edition builds a year ago, but I assumed Lucid would have long since addressed the shoddy design of that mount. (Lucid replaced my mount with one that has now held for 11 months and 12,000 miles.)

I'm curious as to when your car was built. This was a problem with the early Dream Edition builds a year ago, but I assumed Lucid would have long since addressed the shoddy design of that mount. (Lucid replaced my mount with one that has now held for 11 months and 12,000 miles.)
My car was delivered 9/1/22. I’ve only had it for a few months.

My car was delivered 9/1/22. I’ve only had it for a few months.
Anyone know what size/type screw is used on the rear license plate? I looking to purchase secure license plate screws. I know that M6 is too big in diameter.

Here's a new one, for me anyway. I was washing my car earlier and my rear license plate fell off when I lightly bumped it while cleaning my bumper. It appears as though the plate is attached to the car by the 4 round adhesive things you see in the picture I have attached.

The screw threads are in the adhesive thingies, which are glued to the license plate holder on the rear bumper. There are no threads in the plate holder itself. Seems like a poor design choice by Lucid. I now have a ticket open for my first mobile service visit and will be keeping my plate in the rear window for the time being.

View attachment 3630
Anyone know what size/type screw is used on the rear license plate? I looking to purchase secure license plate screws. I know that M6 is too big in diameter.
The nuts come out of the plastic bracket so buying new screws won’t solve it. I know because I tried, lol. Call your local Lucid Service Center. Mine came out to my house and replaced the entire bracket. It’s a crummy design!

It definitely a bad design. The plate is very easy to drop, especially in hot weather. My temporary solution (May be permanent):

Attachments

• Lucid Plate -1.jpg
    Lucid Plate -1.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 111
  • Lucid Plate -3.jpg
    Lucid Plate -3.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 112
It definitely a bad design. The plate is very easy to drop, especially in hot weather. My temporary solution (May be permanent):
They can replace the bracket with a newer version. Call your service center.

The size/type screw is used on the rear license plate is M5-0.8 X 12mm.

Attachments

• Rear License Plat screws.jpg
    Rear License Plat screws.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 77
Back