Li mega MINIVAN at LA auto show: 0.215 Cd?

Now THIS is cool!
It also has 520 kw charging.. never thought I’d see the air look so outdated(yes I know it’s better in other areas) in any metric for the next 3-5 years!

To date, only Tesla and lucid have been able to make mainstream aero cars that look good. This also joins that. If only it could come to the US.. it would be bye bye to the gravity then!

Looks like a bullet train, that rear is sexy

It also has 520 kw charging.. never thought I’d see the air look so outdated(yes I know it’s better in other areas) in any metric for the next 3-5 years!

To date, only Tesla and lucid have been able to make mainstream aero cars that look good. This also joins that. If only it could come to the US.. it would be bye bye to the gravity then!

Looks like a bullet train, that rear is sexy
eh...there's also like 200 chinese EV startups with barely any making it to market

Regarding the reported charging time and CD, it’d be nice to have independent confirmation.
Even scientific papers published in major journals have been retracted. A recent example that comes to mind is the papers from Univ of Rochester, which is not exactly Caltech or MIT, but pretty reputable in their own rights and certainly more established than Li Auto.

Remember, this is a concept. Some blue sky projections. The actual vehicle specs will probably be somewhat less. The appearance does not appeal to me. Gravity has nothing to worry about.

It reminds me of a less sexy Canoo, which seems like an almost impossible feat. At around the same price as the Gravity, I’ll take the Gravity every time!

It reminds me of a less sexy Canoo, which seems like an almost impossible feat. At around the same price as the Gravity, I’ll take the Gravity every time!
Considering I think the Canoo Truck looks great to me, it must be varying tastes at play here.

Not so sure about Chinese quality / safety ... have seen a couple videos of Chinese cars spontaneously bursting into flame...

I find after selling my wagon to make room for the Lucid: I need more cargo space (for my surfboards, skis, shrubberies, walker, rascal scooter, O2 tanks, etc.). Did I think I was just going to leave my Lucid in the parking lot and rent the Lowes pick-up truck every week? Idiot.

Also, rationalized the expensive Lucid thinking it would be my last car (in ten years I'll be in my 80s and likely out of my mind).
Now I'm thinking of the meme where the guy walking with his girl spins around to oogle a passing cutie: am I that guy?

Should have had the imagination that cool EVs would be popping up everywhere. I really like this design...it's an instant classic.
I probably need one to haul the Christmas tree...yea... I can rationalize this.

Meanwhile, there's a for sale sign on the windshield of a vintage Miata that sits on a corner nearby ... forward, into the past !

Somehow, I can't imagine an EV roadster that is as much fun to drive as an ICE roadster (the exhaust note).
My generation has to die out to save the planet. Our rite of passage: learning how to use a tire gauge, check the oil, change a tire, do an oil change, set the points / timing, plugs, reline the brakes, water pump, progressing to the nasty exhaust jobs, installing turbo plumbing and intercoolers... the horror of tracing down electrical issues ... it used to be a father / son thing.
My boy drives a Miata but has no interest in being a mechanic (yet he's an engineer ???). Lucid mobile service has spent hours (days) working to find a faulty control module: WITH A LAPTOP. No toolbox in sight. I guess my torque wrenches will die with me.

Sigh.

Amazing feat and still looks cool!

It you turned this thing over to Lucid interior stylists, packed it with a Lucid powertrain, and put it on a Lucid suspension, I'd order one before they could answer the phone. There would be a cross-country trip with six adults in the offing as soon as it arrived.

Somehow, I can't imagine an EV roadster that is as much fun to drive as an ICE roadster (the exhaust note).

The last three ICE sports cars I bought were Audi R8s (V8 Coupe, V10 Coupe, V10 Spyder), all with their last generation of stick shifts, and all with soul-nourishing exhaust notes. The thing I most thought I'd miss when I traded the V10 Spyder for a Tesla was that glorious exhaust roar. I used to seek large overpasses to drive under just so I could downshift and punch it to hear the engine growl bouncing off the walls.

I was surprised by how instantly I came just as much to crave the soft whine of an electric motor throwing me against the headrest as I blasted mysteriously toward oblivion. It was more than an even trade for the exhaust note I lost and is one of the reasons I think the simulated exhaust notes the Germans are putting in some of their EVs are among the stupidest automotive ideas going.

Although this Li Mega has a phenomenal coefficient of drag, given its likely frontal area (taller than a Toyota Sienna minivan, according to the article), I suspect the Gravity might still beat it with a lower actual drag. (The Gravity is four inches lower than our Odyssey and no wider.)

Only ONE word.... YIKES !!!

This bullet train style minivan look like may even to be contrived to fit in 4 rows of seats.

Li Auto is major automaker in China, even surpass Nio, XPeng in EV production.

I drove the original Tesla Roadster. You're wrong; it was extremely fun to drive. Different, but fun as all hell

This bullet train style minivan look like may even to be contrived to fit in 4 rows of seats.

Li Auto is major automaker in China, even surpass Nio, XPeng in EV production.
Kia carnival
1700594667869.png

Back