• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Let's talk about the "clunk" in the room.

I've noticed this now when backing out of my garage. This could be weather related given the wet snow and road salt here in MN, but it seems that there is now a very noticeable clunk coming from the back of the car. It feels like I have to give the car a bit more accelerator to get the car moving and then there is a clunk and a sudden movement as though the brakes are stuck or the hold function is more aggressive.

I've noticed this now when backing out of my garage. This could be weather related given the wet snow and road salt here in MN, but it seems that there is now a very noticeable clunk coming from the back of the car. It feels like I have to give the car a bit more accelerator to get the car moving and then there is a clunk and a sudden movement as though the brakes are stuck or the hold function is more aggressive.
I think this happens because the brakes get used so rarely due to regen that when brake hold is on they stick for a minute before release. I’ll deliberately use the brakes once a day just to keep them in use and pads without rust/debris.

They did make the hold function more aggressive an update or two ago.

They did make the hold function more aggressive an update or two ago.
Interestingly, I noticed such a clunk on start out when I first test drove an AGT from the San Diego Studio in March. I had assumed it was an early production issue and didn’t think any more about it until the comments on this thread.

Yeah mine definitely has a "brake release" clunk when starting from a stop sometimes.

I can see the brake pedal move too when it makes that sound. It's never been silent for me. Just assumed that's how it's meant to be.

Should I record it?

"Clunk" isn't quite how I'd describe it, but I notice what I'd call a creak every time the car comes out of auto brake hold. I can sorta feel it in my right foot, too -- and the overall sensation is almost like a crunch. (Wow, how many onomatopoeias do we need?)

It's not a big deal -- just one more thing that detracts from the luxury car experience.

Back