Let me introduce you to AirKandy

Richard Silva

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Touring
IMG_8604.jpeg

First Lucid Air on full air ride suspension.
Now that it’s been parked at SEMA, I can share how I have had my Air modified. AMF Garage in Henderson/Las Vegas tore the car apart then had Universal Air build some prototype air struts which are now available in their line up of products. I have it on a set of 22” Vossen Wheels that have a cool neo chrome finish that perfectly matches the crazy color flip Flexishield Cosmetic PPF Galaxy wrap that my company Eye Kandy Wraps did on it. It’s running an Air Lift Performance 3P System with a couple of FLO Airride Mfg. tanks and dual VIAIR Corp. - High Performance Compressors. Look for the install of this air suspension system in an upcoming EV Builders Guide Magazine.

Attachments

• IMG_8600.jpeg
    IMG_8600.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 326
  • IMG_8609.jpeg
    IMG_8609.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 224
  • IMG_8646.jpeg
    IMG_8646.jpeg
    476 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_8623.jpeg
    IMG_8623.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_8643.jpeg
    IMG_8643.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_8644.jpeg
    IMG_8644.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_8593.jpeg
    IMG_8593.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_8589.jpeg
    IMG_8589.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_8590.jpeg
    IMG_8590.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 258
That wrap is pretty sharp looking. Do you have a picture with it not dropped? How does it stand with those large wheels when driving it?

That wrap is pretty sharp looking. Do you have a picture with it not dropped? How does it stand with those large wheels when driving it?
I didn’t take one but I will after the show but it can lift well above stock ride height.

How much did the air suspension cost to put in?

How does the air suspension change the ride quality?

Didn’t Lucid initially experiment with air suspension and found the conventional suspension they went with, tuned as it is, was better?

Didn’t Lucid initially experiment with air suspension and found the conventional suspension they went with, tuned as it is, was better?
They did experiment with it. It still rides great though with the aftermarket. I was seriously impressed on how it handled though in the short driving I did to the convention. Can’t wait to drive it more.

This is a varying topic by the looks of it. While some originally reported that they could not find a supplier for the air suspension, others said it was a purposeful decision. To me, its hard to see them not finding a supplier as so many other companies have it.

I watched an interview where the chassis engineer said the Air uses coil springs for cost, and to avoid the hysteresis of an air suspension. It's easier to tune a linear system.

Always have had a soft spot for chromaflair. This is absolutely nasty. Can't wait to see it once you add butterfly doors.

How much did the air suspension cost to put in?
My buddy who has put my last 2 vehicles on air suspension did it at cost (pretty much family to me), so not sure how much he would charge but if interested he is located in Las Vegas and I can get you in contact with him.

Sorry forgot to post pics of this at where I keep the ride height. Also including a photo of max height to show how much clearance is possible if need be at the press of a button. I generally lift it up to enter my drive way to avoid hitting the front rubber piece in front of front tires/bumpers.
IMG_8873.jpeg
IMG_8874.jpeg

Back