Referral Code - MX1KDTYY
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
MX1KDTYY
Hey, gang.

Looks like I'm going to be moving from Colorado back to California. So someone in the area needs to represent in Boulder soon.

Bittersweet, since I really like it here. But the wife got a new job that requires her to be back in the office, so it's back to San Francisco in a few short weeks.

If anyone in the area is interested in a meetup or drive somewhere between now and July 14th (not the holiday weekend of the 4th) I'd be happy to participate.

Oh, and I'll be selling my Pirelli Sottozero snow tires, if especially any of the newer owners in the area who haven't gone through winter yet would like to purchase them. DM me for details. They only have about 4k miles on them. I'll give you a good deal.

I'll be posting a classified listing later in the week, otherwise.

And I hope to post some tales from the road as I make the trek from here to San Francisco starting somewhere around July 20th. Still planning it out, but I'm thinking I can leave midday on the first day and spend a night in Grand Junction. Then drive a full second day to Elko, UT, or maybe even as far as Reno. Then finish up on the third day. Should be a fun ride.

Hopefully you will have indoor and secure parking in SF ... it's a nightmare there with all the smashed windows "looking" for valuables. My Niece keeps her car inside their garage (fortunately to have a 3 car one) and only drives the car outside the city ... Ubers everywhere in town.

Hey, gang.

Looks like I'm going to be moving from Colorado back to California. So someone in the area needs to represent in Boulder soon.

Bittersweet, since I really like it here. But the wife got a new job that requires her to be back in the office, so it's back to San Francisco in a few short weeks.

If anyone in the area is interested in a meetup or drive somewhere between now and July 14th (not the holiday weekend of the 4th) I'd be happy to participate.

Oh, and I'll be selling my Pirelli Sottozero snow tires, if especially any of the newer owners in the area who haven't gone through winter yet would like to purchase them. DM me for details. They only have about 4k miles on them. I'll give you a good deal.

And I hope to post some tales from the road as I make the trek from here to San Francisco starting somewhere around July 20th. Still planning it out, but I'm thinking I can leave midday on the first day and spend a night in Grand Junction. Then drive a full second day to Elko, UT, or maybe even as far as Reno. Then finish up on the third day. Should be a fun ride.
I can't even tell if I'm supposed to congratulate you (and your wife) or be sorry, lol, but one thing I'm sure of is that the California group will be very happy! I feel like I'm missing something, but wouldn't the typical stereotype for Apple fans (and as a result, probably software in general) include residing in the Bay? 😂 Also... why CO over CA? Genuinely curious, thanks!

Last edited:
Hey, gang.

Are they powder coated?? /ducks

Hey, gang.

Congrats Joe! If you find yourself locked in AZ at any point in your moving journey then do let me know and we can grab a bite to eat on me. No pressure if not, I know moving across state lines is a pain, I've done it too many times already. Safe travels and best of luck to you/the family during the new chapter of life!

Hey, gang.

I hope this means we will be seeing you at all the Bay Area Lucids & Lattes!

Oh, and I'll be selling my Pirelli Sottozero snow tires, if especially any of the newer owners in the area who haven't gone through winter yet would like to purchase them. DM me for details.
1719360615438.jpeg
"The coldest winter I ever saw was a summer in San Francisco."
mark twain

Last edited:
I hope this means we will be seeing you at all the Bay Area Lucids & Lattes!
Indeed. Looking forward to that.

You should keep the Sottozeros so you can drive to Tahoe in the winter ....
Works fine on 19s with socks. Source: I just did it.

I can't even tell if I'm supposed to congratulate you (and your wife) or be sorry, lol, but one thing I'm sure of is that the California group will be very happy! I feel like I'm missing something, but wouldn't the typical stereotype for Apple fans (and as a result, probably software in general) include residing in the Bay? 😂 Also... why CO over CA? Genuinely curious, thanks!
Both CO and CA are great; just quite different. My wife used to live in CO, now we live in CA. I like both, but I prefer ocean to mountains.

Works fine on 19s with socks. Source: I just did it.

Both CO and CA are great; just quite different. My wife used to live in CO, now we live in CA. I like both, but I prefer ocean to mountains.
I also prefer moderate temperatures to freezing in winter and melting in summer.

Other than that, I do absolutely love both places. I'd consider moving back here someday. But right now, the fates are calling me back to the ocean. Such is life.

I also prefer moderate temperatures to freezing in winter and melting in summer.

Other than that, I do absolutely love both places. I'd consider moving back here someday. But right now, the fates are calling me back to the ocean. Such is life.

Great attitude. I've known so many people who are unhappy and attribute it to where they live. They move and, to no one's surprise, soon find themselves unhappy again.

My life and career carried me to 10 states. While two were my favorite -- Vermont and California -- there is not a one to which I would not move back if there were good reason. And that includes places as disparate as the Deep South, rural New England, and large midwestern cities.

Interesting things to see and do, friends to do it with, and good food can be found pretty much anywhere. There are issues everywhere, but likewise opportunities if you have the mindset to see them.

Where do we order socks? Lucid specific or generic?

Back