Leather Seat Cover Recommendation

phantomias

Member

Joined
Jan 11, 2022
Messages
86
Reaction score
25
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please recommend a leather seat cover to protect front and rear leather seats of our car from future wear out?
When I look at Amazon I see a lot of options but I wanted to check with our fellow Lucid owners. Did anyone put any seat covers which he/she recommend?

Thank you
 
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please recommend a leather seat cover to protect front and rear leather seats of our car from future wear out?
When I look at Amazon I see a lot of options but I wanted to check with our fellow Lucid owners. Did anyone put any seat covers which he/she recommend?

Thank you
I just… enjoy the leather. I think car seat covers (with the exception of for dogs or kids) went out in the 90s lol
 
I love leather too. But since I saw at the forum that people were complaining about wear and tear at their leather seats within 1 year, i was looking for preventive solutions😊
 
I love leather too. But since I saw at the forum that people were complaining about wear and tear at their leather seats within 1 year, i was looking for preventive solutions😊
The issues of quick wear and tear appear to be limited to the PurLuxe (aka not leather) seats. We’ve seen a couple, but very few, issues with the leather seats; and those that had issues typically had their seat replaced.

That said, I’ll shut up and let y’all get on about seat covers :p
 
I love leather too. But since I saw at the forum that people were complaining about wear and tear at their leather seats within 1 year, i was looking for preventive solutions😊
The PureLuxe seem to be the ones with issues. Leather seems to be holding up fine. 3 years in and they still look like new
 
I'm hoping for an answer too... not because of any concerns with wear (16 months, so far so good), but because of a seam that hits my wife's back in just the wrong place. So I'd be happy with one good cover for a front seat.
 
I love leather too. But since I saw at the forum that people were complaining about wear and tear at their leather seats within 1 year, i was looking for preventive solutions😊
The leather in the seats of my Touring are great. I've had the car 18 months now.
 
I have the stupid fake leather, and I regret that decision every time I get in the car. The seat ripped with in three weeks of getting the car, they replaced it under warranty which was great, but refused to upgrade the seat to leather even if I paid for it. I can already see the wear on the new seat, so I need something. I really can't believe they would offer something so cheap on what is otherwise a really nice car....
 
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please recommend a leather seat cover to protect front and rear leather seats of our car from future wear out?
When I look at Amazon I see a lot of options but I wanted to check with our fellow Lucid owners. Did anyone put any seat covers which he/she recommend?

Thank you
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please recommend a leather seat cover to protect front and rear leather seats of our car from future wear out?
When I look at Amazon I see a lot of options but I wanted to check with our fellow Lucid owners utv seat covers. Did anyone put any seat covers which he/she recommend?

Thank you
Has anyone seen any well-fitting seat covers for the 2nd and 3rd row? Weathertech only has ones for the front row for some reason.
 
Some seat covers will interfere with air bag deployment. A quick search indicates that they need to be specifically designed for compatibility.

My thoughts would be:
* Take care of the leather seats
* Enjoy them
* Only worry about "what if" if they start having problems.

Sometimes having a cover will trap dust and dirt between the cover and the seat, this causing more damage.
 
Some seat covers will interfere with air bag deployment. A quick search indicates that they need to be specifically designed for compatibility.

My thoughts would be:
* Take care of the leather seats
* Enjoy them
* Only worry about "what if" if they start having problems.

Sometimes having a cover will trap dust and dirt between the cover and the seat, this causing more damage.
Well airbags can only be on the sides, they cant be exploding on your back or the bottom you sit on. So look for seat covers that only cover that area, and you can subtract the need for being specifically designed, like these:
1750650121097.webp
 
So don't want to be the dead horse but maybe we can renew this question cuz I do have dogs and kids for the backseat and I'd like to have a custom-made cover to protect it. Anybody had any success? Front seat covers would be cool as well with specific models and prices. Thanks in advance. GT22
 
I would still love a good front seat cover, as my driver's seat Pureluxe was replaced at 11k miles and already started tearing again at 17k miles even though I've tried to be super careful.
 
I’m in the “enjoy the leather seats” camp. My oldest car is 10 years old and the leather seats still look great, having gotten the car when I needed child seats with the car being the family hauler. That’s the beauty of leather - it holds up well through use.

I do take care of the leather. I make sure spills are wiped up promptly (unavoidable with kids). I also make sure to have the leather cleaned and conditioned at least once a year, sometimes twice a year. There are great products on the market and I used to do it myself. Now I want to spend my time doing other things so I have a professional auto detailer do it.

I also have 80 lb dogs and they have sat directly on the leather for short drives without harm. I do try to avoid this and ended up buying dog covers for the seat seats. They only come out when I need them, though.

As for Pureluxe, many people are happy it and I think it’s great Lucid gives customers the choice. I can understand regretting a decision - I’ve made many decisions I ended up regretting - but Lucid is blameless for giving us this choice.
 
Last edited:
Lucid is not blameless. The Pureluxe seats are made from inferior material.
Lucid is blameless for giving consumers a choice and consumers regretting their choice. Pureluxe having quality issues is another matter.
 
Lucid is blameless for giving consumers a choice and consumers regretting their choice. Pureluxe having quality issues is another matter.
I only regret my choice because of how poorly the Pureluxe holds up. I've been very happy with the faux leather material in my previous vehicles. This is the first one that tears if you even look at it funny. That's on Lucid.
 
Absolutely, I've had non-leather interiors in several of my vehicles. They have all gone over 200k miles showing little or no wear, never had one tear. The Lucid Pureluxe wore through the driver's seat bottom in the first 20k miles. Just a cheap crappy product that looks and feels great when new but is not designed for its intended purpose.
 

This site sells seat covers and it looks like they include covers for Lucid Air too. I was wondering if anyone had ordered and share any feedback. I am open to other website suggestions as well
 
Back
Top