Lease versus finance versus cash

Is that already built into the calculator or do you reduce your down payment by 7500
It’s not built into the calculator but it’s effectively a down payment

When I ran number in LUCID BOFA Calculator I found following lease vs Finance
Finance calculation:
AGT 149500 (Base 139000 estimated Doc and other fees 300 and Delivery fee 1500 tax 8700) rounded up @4% interest $2340 approx. after 48 months principal due 54K
Lease for 48 months is showing approx. 2400 for 10K mile do not showing RV if I consider 54K then Lease vs Owning cost perspective for 10K mile same.
But factors here tech advancement based on hardware since Software Lucid can do it via OTA and other competitor
I am going to own since I need to add about 10K PPF and also I'll drive 1st three years more than 30K miles to enjoy free car charging.
This is purely my perspective to analyze easily. I did not consider all the numbers and assumption (tech advancement and EV future) to decide.

Please note above loan calculation for 72 months so 54K due after 48 months of loan payment. I missed it in the above.

Also note in my calculation both the scenario I have considered no down payment.

Thanks Ksa23. If I understand correctly, if someone were concerned that Lucid wouldn't be around in 3 years time and wanted to hedge their bets leasing could be a way of doing that. In that case the RV at the end of the lease might be lower than the calculated RV at the beginning of the lease so walking away from the car would make sense. On the other hand, if Lucid is figuring on low residual values for purposes of the lease and in three years time they soar to glory the actual residual value at the end of the lease would be higher so buying the car would make sense and all you've done is delay the purchase decision. Is this a reasonable analysis?
Another way to look at it is your lease payments are made up of depreciation and interest. As a lessee or as a purchaser, you are “paying” for the depreciation. In a lease, the depreciation is defined up front (Selling price, fees, taxes, interest minus residual value = depreciation expense). In a purchase you will “pay” the depreciation when you go to sell it in 3- 5years for less than you paid for it.

Think of it as front-loaded (lease) versus Back-end loaded (purchase) as far as that depreciation expense. Leasing companies pretty much have residual values down pat - for 95% of the cars out there. Historical values give them the data they need - under normal market conditions.

The low residuals they are placing on the Lucid make sense - they have no historical data, and there is no way the leasing companies are going to set themselves up to lose at Lease end, hence the the conservative (maybe!) valuation.

The thing with owning the car after it’s paid off is you will still have transportation even if it has depreciated depressingly low. In a lease you have to give it back and start all over again. You won’t know if you will buy it at the end of the lease until that time.

In my opinion it’s more of a market play, assuming interest costs are similar between Lease and Finance to own - because you’re going to pay the depreciation expense in either scenario. Lock the depreciation in now or play the market and pay it later. Good luck with your decision! Either way you’re going to be driving a pretty cool car:)

@Dkars1 Well said. Also most people on average spend less than an hour a day in a car. IMHO having a 3-5 year old technology for that 1 hour is not going to make much of a difference in general.

Asked Lucid about residual value after a 3 yr lease and 12K miles/year and was told "the residual value would be 47%". Not sure how that compares with other makes of cars that are 3 years old.

Asked Lucid about residual value after a 3 yr lease and 12K miles/year and was told "the residual value would be 47%". Not sure how that compares with other makes of cars that are 3 years old.
Mouthpiece, Do you have all the math on that lease ie the offer sheet (that you could post)

I don't have all the numbers yet. I just asked for the residual value. Once I've dodged this hurricane I plan to plug numbers into Lucid's calculator and see how they come out using the 47% RV number.

Back