Learned Something New About The Frunk and The Truck Hoods

DJL

Verified Owner
As I was going over my Lucid once I drove it back from delivery, I opened both the Frunk and the Truck. I got called away and returned to the car about 20 minutes later. I tried to close the two hoods using the button on my Fob. Nothing happened. Tried the central panel display buttons, Nope, Tried my mobie app. Nothing. Gulp! As a last resort, I called Customer Service and talked to a very nice guy. He shared with me that this does happen because the car goes to sleep after a few minutes and when it wakes up, it thinks that the hoods are down. When I push the various buttons, there is a conflict between what it thinks is reality and and what is truely reality so it gets confused and just sits there. This is my explaination of what he told me. His decription was much more techinical. Anyway, all I had to do to fix this dilemma is to physically close the hoods. It does not damage the motors. Once that is done, Lucid's reality matches the real situation and she is no longer confused and all the buttons work. Tuck this info into the back recesses of your mind just in case this should happen to you.....

I have power buttons to open and close the trunk on my DD. When I drop off golf clubs at the bag drop I always worried when the attendant ignored the button and pushed down the trunk. Apparently car companies expect that and the cars are fine with a manual close.

You'd hope that the car would re-sync its software state upon awakening, or cache mechanical positions before sleep.

This may be one of the many things that gets corrected when they release the 2.0 update. If the car doesn't need to be shut down completely after 10-15 minutes, presumably, it won't forget the trunk and frunk positions.

Don't quote me on that, though…

This may be one of the many things that gets corrected when they release the 2.0 update. If the car doesn't need to be shut down completely after 10-15 minutes, presumably, it won't forget the trunk and frunk positions.

Don't quote me on that, though…
Any update on this question?

Hey there. Sorry, to clarify, you're asking whether or not the car registers that the frunk/trunk have been closed even if they were physically closed...or?

I'm happy to test, but I am confused what the question is.

If it helps, I have left my trunk open for 20 while I was doing some cleaning, and sure enough, the fob wouldn't shut it, but the button on the trunk happily did, and I didn't have any warning or anything on the pilot panel about openings (or on the app).

Hey there. Sorry, to clarify, you're asking whether or not the car registers that the frunk/trunk have been closed even if they were physically closed...or?

I'm happy to test, but I am confused what the question is.

If it helps, I have left my trunk open for 20 while I was doing some cleaning, and sure enough, the fob wouldn't shut it, but the button on the trunk happily did, and I didn't have any warning or anything on the pilot panel about openings (or on the app).
Seems like it's fixed then. On pre 2.0 if you left the trunk/frunk open for 10 min, the only way to close it was to push them down.

Does any one know if 2.0 has a Simple reset rather than close the car, turn the signal on and walk away?

Back