Leaking fluid

So an update on my vehicle. They finally opened up the belly and found that the fluid is leaking from the rear motor unit. They can't tell where exactly the leak is coming from so they are going to replace the entire rear motor unit. Obviously, this is not something that is carried in their standard inventory so they have ordered it from central supply (probably Arizona) We'll see how long it takes to get here.

My service advisor stated that this is the first one that failed so the engineers in Newark will be dissecting my engine to find out what happened. I'm interested to know the details.
The early RWD Tesla had major problems with drive train failures. May have been due to the high torque on the single motor. It appears they strengthened the system; plus AWD lessened the strain on the single motor. The Lucid HP must be a strain on the drive train. Hopefully, the engineers will study these early motor failures and resolve the triggering design flaws.

So I've had my car for three weeks now and yesterday, I noted a wet spot in the garage when I drove off to work in the morning. I did not think much of it until I returned back home later in the morning. My wife mentioned it and told her that it was nothing to worry about. She then told me that the liquid was pink. That's when I got worried. I checked under the car and saw the liquid dripping from the back edge of the battery undercarriage. Needless to say, I contacted customer support and drove it to the service center right away. They gave me a loaner and I'm still waiting for a diagnosis. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the car won't be in the shop for TOO long.
I saw same color fluid leaking today in my garage, I have called Service Center guys, they created the service ticket. But waiting for them to call. I will call them tomorrow. But Thanks, got some idea with this thread.

I just took delivery of a Touring and after only 400km the front drive unit is also leaking. I hadn’t been aware but with another routine check it was spotted. Back at home there is a pool of red fluid on the garage floor.

Mine too is being replaced - some 22 hours of labour. Hoping the fluid is not corrosive like hydraulic fluid.

Lucid service has been faultless at least.

Back