Leaking fluid

BuddhaDada13

Cars
Lucid AGT Black/Mojave
So I've had my car for three weeks now and yesterday, I noted a wet spot in the garage when I drove off to work in the morning. I did not think much of it until I returned back home later in the morning. My wife mentioned it and told her that it was nothing to worry about. She then told me that the liquid was pink. That's when I got worried. I checked under the car and saw the liquid dripping from the back edge of the battery undercarriage. Needless to say, I contacted customer support and drove it to the service center right away. They gave me a loaner and I'm still waiting for a diagnosis. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the car won't be in the shop for TOO long.

Attachments

• IMG_0508.JPG
    IMG_0508.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 181
That's interesting. Back edge of the battery case - could be battery coolant. I wonder if there's a heat exchanger between the battery pack coolant and the radiator instead of a direct line out.

Glad they got you a loaner. Hope it I sorted soon!

That is scary.... Keep us posted. Did they give you a GT as a loaner?
No. They do not have enough inventory to provide Lucid loaners. I got a Jaguar E-Pace. Definitely not the same level as the AGT, but I didn't want to raise too much of a fuss. It's a rental from Hertz. The only thing I care about is that they better not expect me to replace the gas that I use to drive it.

That's interesting. Back edge of the battery case - could be battery coolant. I wonder if there's a heat exchanger between the battery pack coolant and the radiator instead of a direct line out.

Glad they got you a loaner. Hope it I sorted soon!
More likely transmission fluid. I hope it's not battery pack coolant because then my car will be in the shop for a LONGER period of time. I think it would be quicker to swap out the whole rear engine rather than replace a battery array.

More likely transmission fluid. I hope it's not battery pack coolant because then my car will be in the shop for a LONGER period of time. I think it would be quicker to swap out the whole rear engine rather than replace a battery array.
I guess EVs do have transmissions (single speed ones except the Taycan)

I assume transmission fluid would be “oily” and coolant “watery”

So an update on my vehicle. They finally opened up the belly and found that the fluid is leaking from the rear motor unit. They can't tell where exactly the leak is coming from so they are going to replace the entire rear motor unit. Obviously, this is not something that is carried in their standard inventory so they have ordered it from central supply (probably Arizona) We'll see how long it takes to get here.

My service advisor stated that this is the first one that failed so the engineers in Newark will be dissecting my engine to find out what happened. I'm interested to know the details.

Someone else on this forum has reported having to have a motor replaced.

So an update on my vehicle. They finally opened up the belly and found that the fluid is leaking from the rear motor unit. They can't tell where exactly the leak is coming from so they are going to replace the entire rear motor unit. Obviously, this is not something that is carried in their standard inventory so they have ordered it from central supply (probably Arizona) We'll see how long it takes to get here.

My service advisor stated that this is the first one that failed so the engineers in Newark will be dissecting my engine to find out what happened. I'm interested to know the details.
I'm guessing it was leaking on the shaft seal, faulty seal, motor overfilled with oil, piece of metal cut the seal? I wonder if you will ever get the whole story?

We are Lucid consumer field test and as long as we know that, and Lucid is lightning quick to get us into a loaner I'll be ok with it, how often is it in life you get to be a pioneer piloting the latest tech :)

I’d expect them to pull one off the line and you to be back up soon. It should not be weeks like larger automakers

I’d expect them to pull one off the line and you to be back up soon. It should not be weeks like larger automakers
Motor the size of a carry-on that weighs 161 lbs., get it on an airplane ASAP.
1650479152752.png

Motor the size of a carry-on that weighs 161 lbs., get it on an airplane ASAP.
Funny enough, the smaller size may reduce the dimensional weight enough to make air-freight pretty economical. A smaller heavy item will often ship cheaper than a larger

Update--

They will not be pulling one of the pre-built engines from inventory as they are using them to complete vehicles to deliver to customers. Instead, they are are building a new one. It should be built by Friday and then will need to be shipped to my service center. My service concierge told me early next week for me to get the car back.

Update--

They will not be pulling one of the pre-built engines from inventory as they are using them to complete vehicles to deliver to customers. Instead, they are are building a new one. It should be built by Friday and then will need to be shipped to my service center. My service concierge told me early next week for me to get the car back.
Built to order motor… nice. Maybe they will sign it :)

So I've had my car for three weeks now and yesterday, I noted a wet spot in the garage when I drove off to work in the morning. I did not think much of it until I returned back home later in the morning. My wife mentioned it and told her that it was nothing to worry about. She then told me that the liquid was pink. That's when I got worried. I checked under the car and saw the liquid dripping from the back edge of the battery undercarriage. Needless to say, I contacted customer support and drove it to the service center right away. They gave me a loaner and I'm still waiting for a diagnosis. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the car won't be in the shop for TOO long.
This is a known issue. My front drive unit was replaced a few weeks ago due to the leak.

Back