LCID Q3 Earnings

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Does anyone know when Lucid will release their Q3 earnings?

Isn't that kind of irrelevant, since the stock price is going to be dependent on the # of reservations that are fulfilled and future demand for Lucid's cars and SUV's.

Isn't that kind of irrelevant, since the stock price is going to be dependent on the # of reservations that are fulfilled and future demand for Lucid's cars and SUV's.
The reason I ask is that its the time that companies update investors on where they stand during their earnings conference call. They should some provide guidance on material events in their call rather than we spent $xxx, had essentially no revenue and our cash is now $xxx. This guidance should include such things as number of deliveries if they have already started or when they would begin them if they haven't, current reservation numbers, production numbers, production facility construction updates, Project Gravity, etc. So if their earnings call is this month, it might be when they announce the first deliveries. If it is after 10/31 they would have to answer why they missed their delivery date if they have not started.

I would love if they provided such information considering I have so much skin in the game, 25,000 shares of LCID at an average buy in price of 22.22. For the last 8 months, I have been continually selling covered call options when it was CCIV(before SPAC conversion) and then LCID after SPAC conversion. I'm putting a lot of faith in Rawlinson and company. Hope I do not get burned. Meanwhile collecting covered call options while I wait seems a worthwhile strategy to provide some cushion, in case the company and stock goes south. My main concern is how many buyers are out there for the lowest trim level at 77K. Tesla took off when it came out with the lower priced Model 3. I feel Lucid has to have a car that meets that price point where it can sell in large numbers.

I would love if they provided such information considering I have so much skin in the game, 25,000 shares of LCID at an average buy in price of 22.22. For the last 8 months, I have been continually selling covered call options when it was CCIV(before SPAC conversion) and then LCID after SPAC conversion. I'm putting a lot of faith in Rawlinson and company. Hope I do not get burned. Meanwhile collecting covered call options while I wait seems a worthwhile strategy to provide some cushion, in case the company and stock goes south. My main concern is how many buyers are out there for the lowest trim level at 77K. Tesla took off when it came out with the lower priced Model 3. I feel Lucid has to have a car that meets that price point where it can sell in large numbers.
As a total novice I just bought without going to stock option route.

Congratulations. Here's hoping for a successful company and stock price.

I wonder of it's any coincidence that "Motor Trend" is announcing its 2022 Car of the Year on November 15?

There are 7 finalists. Today "Motor Trend" reveled four of the finalists that will NOT win the award:

Mercedes S-Class
Mercedes EQS
Porsche Taycan
Toyota GR 86

They are revealing the other three finalists tomorrow. Is the Lucid Air among them? Is that why "Motor Trend" has been given so much more access to the car for independent testing than other major outlets?

I wonder of it's any coincidence that "Motor Trend" is announcing its 2022 Car of the Year on November 15?

There are 7 finalists. Today "Motor Trend" reveled four of the finalists that will NOT win the award:

Mercedes S-Class
Mercedes EQS
Porsche Taycan
Toyota GR 86

They are revealing the other three finalists tomorrow. Is the Lucid Air among them? Is that why "Motor Trend" has been given so much more access to the car for independent testing than other major outlets?

If it does this stock will probably take off...

"Motor Trend" is continuing to tease the coming November 15 announcement of its Car of the Year. They've already identified 4 of the 7 finalists that did NOT make the cut. The Lucid Air is one of the three remaining finalists, and this morning "Motor Trend" published its teaser of the Lucid Air:

The car submitted to "Motor Trend" was clearly a pre-production car bedeviled by many of the types of pre-production glitches present in the 2012 Tesla Model S that "Motor Trend" nevertheless named its 2013 Car of the Year.

The article ended with a shamelessly-manipulative tease of the final vote but, win or lose, the article contained some observations about a couple of things that people on this board have wanted to know more:

"It does a fabulous impression of a super-fast and super-quiet BMW M550i, only with better steering . . . ."

"Many marveled at the Air's eagerness to hustle on comparatively narrow tires that also manage to deliver Mercedes-level ride suppleness."

No matter the final outcome, in the estimation of the "Motor Trend" judges, the Lucid Air has already bested the Porsche Taycan, the Mercedes EQS, and the Mercedes S Class. This is no mean feat for a newcomer competing against the most-storied engineering heritages in the automotive world.

I suspect the Lucid will win Car of the Year based on its engineering and unique approach in BEV design, but Motor Trend's choice for Car of the Year has never been important to me in terms of a vehicle purchase. Their criteria for selection is often different, in terms of priorities, than that of many buyers.

In reading the article, I'd be interested to hear from owners if that list of issues has indeed been addressed.

In purusing the pictures in the article, it continued to bring up my mixed feelings about the different front & rear seating colors. I think it would have been far preferable to have that approach as an option, with a more conventional color approach for the front & rear also available. IMO that's the advantage of the Mojave interior (even though I prefer lighter interiors) in that it minimizes the jarring nature of seeing such different front & rear colors. Let's face it, if buyers received their cars with different colors in the front & rear, the more common reaction would be, "Wow, the factory really screwed up". Yes, it's a design choice, but I suspect a polarizing design choice.

In reading the article, I'd be interested to hear from owners if that list of issues has indeed been addressed.

Ditto that.

Let's face it, if buyers received their cars with different colors in the front & rear, the more common reaction would be, "Wow, the factory really screwed up". Yes, it's a design choice, but I suspect a polarizing design choice.

I've seen two Lucid Airs in the flesh -- a Eureka Gold with the Santa Monica interior and a Quantum Gray with the Tahoe interior. This was over a total of five visits to two Design Studios, each time taking different friends along. Although most of us thought the Tahoe was too orange, every one of us thought the use of a dual interior color scheme was very appealing. To my mind, the transition between the colors is done very well, with the color of the front seats flowing into the rear of the cabin and curving up the doors as it transitions to the lighter rear color. Also, the use of upholstering piping of one color on seats of the other helps integrate the scheme.

I tend to favor lighter color interiors but have found that light-colored front seats invariably begin to show wear and even dye transfer more than darker seats. This two-tone theme helps with that, too.

Of course, I'm a fan of some of the two- and three-tone designs of the best of the 50's-era cars, and Lucid's homage to that era of bold, uniquely-American automotive design resonates with me. It's why I like the brushed aluminum roof rails and get particularly nostalgic at the Air logo's harkening back to the logo of the classic 1957 Chevy Bel Air.

One of the friends we took to the Miami studio comes from a "car family" and is a life-long car addict. His dad owned Buick and Cadillac dealerships just north of Detroit in the 1940s-1960s, one of his uncles founded the largest car transport company in the nation, and another of his uncles was Lynn Townsend, a Chairman and CEO of Chrysler. This friend almost choked up as we were discussing how subtly Lucid connected the design of its car to the Golden Age of American motoring iron while taking the Air to a new pinnacle of engineering achievement.

Last edited:
I've shown the two tone pictures to friends and some liked it and some said it would be a deal-breaker. So I do think it can be polarizing.

I agree that light colored front seats can be somewhat problematic in terms of dye rub off from jeans and the like. However with that said, I've found an excellent leather cleaner that is extremely effective in removing dye rub off. So that wouldn't bother me and if given the choice, I'd gravitate to an oyster or other light colored interior. I actually prefer my wife's oyster Sonata Hybrid interior to my black Audi e-Tron interior. However as with so many things in life, we make compromises & concessions. Such problems. ;)

As near as I can tell from some confusing teases, the three remaining finalists for the "Motor Trend" Car of the Year are:

Hyundai Elantra
Honda Civic
Lucid Air

Thus far, "Motor Trend" has published reviews of 6 of the 7 finalists that outlined the judges' reactions to each car and reported whether the car has already been eliminated. The only such review not yet published is for the Elantra.

Don't know if that means anything. We'll find out Monday.

If those are the 3 finalists, does anyone think the Lucid won’t take the honors? It would be embarrassing to lose to a Hyundai Elantra or Honda Civic. I’m not even sure what criteria got those 2 to the finalist circle.

Here's the review "Motor Trend" wrote on the Honda Civic, explaining its appeal:

There are similar articles written on all the other of the 7 finalists except for the Elantra. Here's the one on the Lucid:

Back