Lane departure protection turning on by itself?

Although I find full lane departure too overbearing, just a warning is reasonable for me and also seems to keep it from "accidentally" coming back on by itself. Just out of curiosity, CL510, are you the only driver?

Although I find full lane departure too overbearing, just a warning is reasonable for me and also seems to keep it from "accidentally" coming back on by itself. Just out of curiosity, CL510, are you the only driver?
Hi scal-air. Yes, I am the only driver. I also noticed my air doesn't have the option to turn on only a warning. It's all or nothing for the lane departure assist. It will blink red on the dash screen (pilot panel) and steer my car away from the lane marker or divider. I can't make it only give me the dash screen warning.

@CL510, what's the manufacturing date for your car? It should be printed on the sticker inside the drivers door frame.
Hi OCDC. Please excuse my delayed response. I haven't logged into this forum in awhile. My Air was manufactured in 3/2022.

Hi scal-air. Yes, I am the only driver. I also noticed my air doesn't have the option to turn on only a warning. It's all or nothing for the lane departure assist. It will blink red on the dash screen (pilot panel) and steer my car away from the lane marker or divider. I can't make it only give me the dash screen warning.
What software version are you on?

I'm running 2.1.42. Just updated this week.
So under Dream drive settings there is no warning only option for lane Departure protection?

It comes on if you use Highway Assist.

When HA is active, it operates as you would expect but this does not have any effect on the setting of having it enabled or not during manual driving. My lane departure has been disabled since I first got the car almost a year ago and it remains disabled while manually driving but HA operates normally (keeping me in the lane).

I did have it turn itself back on after a SW update a few weeks ago but I re-disabled it and it hasn't happened again.

So under Dream drive settings there is no warning only option for lane Departure protection?
This is the setting that hydbob is referring to

Attachments

• 20231117_154025.jpg
    20231117_154025.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
I'll add my complaint regarding this glitch. Lane Departure warnings seem to come on after I've stopped somewhere for a while. I'll start driving and the alert pops up. Have to go into settings and turn it off. This is all city street driving, no highway. Seems to have arisen with recent software updates.

On a very positive note, I recently returned from a 1300 mile trip and really liked all of the recent changes to Highway Assist. It still has occasional challenges with mountain curves, but overall it made the trip more relaxing.

Seems to have arisen with recent software updates.
Use the work around of leaving the protection enabled but set to warning only. It's slightly annoying because the warning vibrates something in the steering wheel, but it's better than the car pulling to one side or the other.

@Driveabout, can you post your car's manufacturer date please?

Manufacture date 9/2022

I already had the work around in place from when I first received my vehicle. Thanks

I'll add my complaint regarding this glitch. Lane Departure warnings seem to come on after I've stopped somewhere for a while. I'll start driving and the alert pops up. Have to go into settings and turn it off. This is all city street driving, no highway. Seems to have arisen with recent software updates.

On a very positive note, I recently returned from a 1300 mile trip and really liked all of the recent changes to Highway Assist. It still has occasional challenges with mountain curves, but overall it made the trip more relaxing.
Thanks for sharing, @Driveabout. I just sent you a DM.

I have noted this issue for many months now. It usually happens to me when I make a quick stop....such as running onto a C-store to buy a drink, where I am only gone for 2-3 minutes. This issue has spanned many updates, so it must be a deeper glitch that that.

Back