Lane Departure Intervention... Ugghh

I really dislike the departure warning feature. The main road by my house is undergoing major construction and they are changing lane configuration daily with cones. The car is certain I am veering into and out of lanes. Very annoying.
Thankfully, there’s an option to turn it off.

I don’t know anyone who keeps it turned on. Turn it off, problem solved.

Joined the club today ... was on my way to get a few chips in the windshield repaired (before they turn into cracks) and the LKA keeps trying to direct me towards pot holes!! LOL ... just turned it off. Would be good if Lucid added another option just to visually warn instead. @Bobby ... is that on the FW wishlist?

3M-33BK-2.jpg
engineers who design Czech engine lights hate this simple trick!
It works equally well to cover the camera lens on my laptop.

Joined the club today ... was on my way to get a few chips in the windshield repaired (before they turn into cracks) and the LKA keeps trying to direct me towards pot holes!! LOL ... just turned it off. Would be good if Lucid added another option just to visually warn instead. @Bobby ... is that on the FW wishlist?
Of course! #10 or so on the list. https://www.lucidupdates.com/wishlist.html

It works equally well to cover the camera lens on my laptop.
Naw, it leaves adhesive on the lens... try painter's tape! (Which would likely work nicely on a large curved piece of cockpit glass too... sure would be nice if that light could really just be "turned off" instead.)

$100k++ automobile and we are talking about using painter's tape and electrical tape in the cabin???o_O

What's next? Duct tape to hold down the frunk? I guess that kind of goes with me spitting out the passenger window three times, whistling Dixie and placing my left palm flat against the roof glass to get CarPlay to cooperate... If that doesn't work, I have to reset the car by stopping getting out, hopping up and down on one foot and then making exactly 17 laps around the car while skipping on every prime number lap.

In the end, I am too lazy to do any of that and just put up with the warning light and driving around in silence or playing the "which source will work this time" game.

$100k++ automobile and we are talking about using painter's tape and electrical tape in the cabin???o_O

What's next? Duct tape to hold down the frunk? I guess that kind of goes with me spitting out the passenger window three times, whistling Dixie and placing my left palm flat against the roof glass to get CarPlay to cooperate... If that doesn't work, I have to reset the car by stopping getting out, hopping up and down on one foot and then making exactly 17 laps around the car while skipping on every prime number lap.

In the end, I am too lazy to do any of that and just put up with the warning light and driving around in silence or playing the "which source will work this time" game.
I feel your pain. I had similar issues with CarPlay for a few days. And then suddenly, it just stated working perfectly again. Now I feel like I should sacrifice a goat to someone, or something, to keep it going.

The inconsistency sure can be frustrating.

Well, on the plus side, it is consistently inconsistent...

Well, on the plus side, it is consistently inconsistent...
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall."

Ralph Waldo Emerson.

What's next? Duct tape to hold down the frunk?
Or you could just live with the warning light, which is there to inform you a safety feature is turned off. 🤷‍♂️

(But if you don’t like the warning light, either leave the feature on or cover the light up - I don’t think it’s wrong of Lucid to inform you a safety feature is off)

I don’t mind it much, but my wife hates it, so she keeps it off. You get used to the symbol. 🤷‍♂️

Mine stays off and I live with the warning light. An easy option though would be to have that warning light illuminate when you first start the drive and stay on for a fixed amount of time, then go off.

Mine stays off and I live with the warning light. An easy option though would be to have that warning light illuminate when you first start the drive and stay on for a fixed amount of time, then go off.
A better option is for Lucid to fix the lane departure system! I've had multiple vehicles with this feature and Luicd's is by far the most aggressive and forceful in trying to "correct" the position even when the vehicle is clearly within the lane markings. Let's hope this improves over time.

Back