Keyfob Mnemonics

Just as a FYI for the future, the car doesn't have to unlock to open the trunk. You can push the button on the trunk and it will open. Sometimes it doesn't work and you wait 3 seconds and push again and it should work. 😄

I was trying to put groceries in the trunk this morning in a parking lot. I pressed the button above the license plate, but the trunk would not open. I tried again to no avail. I looked down the side of the car and saw that the door handles had not extended, so I had to walk to the side of the car for the doors to unlock before the trunk would release. (The doors have delayed their response to the proximity of the key fob several times in the past few days -- something that had not been happening until recently. I park the Lucid almost at the far end of a 2,000 sq ft garage, and the doors usually open as soon as I enter the garage from the opposite end.)

At over 12,000 miles now, our Lucid remains overall the most beautifully-balanced driving machine I've ever owned in terms of power, handling, ride, room, and comfort. And its structure has remained solid and noise-free at the point our Model S has developed subtle squeaks, groans, and rattles.

The recent software changes have vastly improved the responsiveness of the software, added desirable features, improved user interface, and (at least in our case) seemingly vanquished the chronic screen freezes and most other gremlins.

The few real knocks I still have with the car relate in one way or another to increased reliance on software to operate modern cars: over-designed and under-engineered things such as key fobs, a lethargic and often recalcitrant phone app, virtually useless wireless phone charging, over-reliance on cell phone towers that are often missing in action . . . .

I've come to terms with the fact that most of these things are beyond the reach of correction by OTA updates and are things with which I will have to live until the next Lucid model debuts and perhaps addresses them. Either way, though, I've become an addict of the brand, and this Air will not be my last Lucid. I cannot say the same for our Tesla Model S Plaid.

I was trying to put groceries in the trunk this morning in a parking lot. I pressed the button above the license plate, but the trunk would not open. I tried again to no avail. I looked down the side of the car and saw that the door handles had not extended, so I had to walk to the side of the car for the doors to unlock before the trunk would release. (The doors have delayed their response to the proximity of the key fob several times in the past few days -- something that had not been happening until recently. I park the Lucid almost at the far end of a 2,000 sq ft garage, and the doors usually open as soon as I enter the garage from the opposite end.)
don't take this the wrong way, but, "boy am I glad" you're having the same problem .. I was beginning to think I had messed something up. The issue(s) w/ proximity sensing of the fob has been a relatively new one to me, but I haven't had the car long enough to know if it was a recent update or not.

At over 12,000 miles now, our Lucid remains overall the most beautifully-balanced driving machine I've ever owned in terms of power, handling, ride, room, and comfort. And its structure has remained solid and noise-free at the point our Model S has developed subtle squeaks, groans, and rattles.

The recent software changes have vastly improved the responsiveness of the software, added desirable features, improved user interface, and (at least in our case) seemingly vanquished the chronic screen freezes and most other gremlins.

The few real knocks I still have with the car relate in one way or another to increased reliance on software to operate modern cars: over-designed and under-engineered things such as key fobs, a lethargic and often recalcitrant phone app, virtually useless wireless phone charging, over-reliance on cell phone towers that are often missing in action . . . .

I've come to terms with the fact that most of these things are beyond the reach of correction by OTA updates and are things with which I will have to live until the next Lucid model debuts and perhaps addresses them. Either way, though, I've become an addict of the brand, and this Air will not be my last Lucid. I cannot say the same for our Tesla Model S Plaid.
I too am addicted to the brand. I often benchmark other EVs using Lucid Air’s metric not just price, but hardware comparison.

Back