Key fob keeps getting lost

What are you all doing to prevent losing your keyfob for my traditional peeps that prefer the fob over the phone. And this is why I prefer the fob cause I have to turn off passive Unlock and in that mode the phone often times is slow to wake up and unlock the car sometimes it doesn’t even wake up and unlock which then causes me to go find the fob. (Explaining why I use the fob)

Now I carry the fob all by itself and I find I lose the fob a lot. I lose it between bed, couch usually it’s a laying down motion and fob falls out. Thinking I am going to have to air tag it soon before I purposely lose it. I am thinking I need a heavy case glove for it or just bigger key chain attachment.

What do you all do to prevent your key fob from being loss? What do you use to track your fob if it was loss? This would be easier if we just had geo unlock… you can do geo schedule charge but can’t do geo unlock. Make it make sense Lucid.

Thanks!View attachment 14386
Agree it's a bit slippery and it falls out of my pocket a bit... Using a Smart tag (have an android phone)

Agree it's a bit slippery and it falls out of my pocket a bit... Using a Smart tag (have an android phone)
How well does the Smart Tag work? Do you have to be near the object? I don't need it for my key fob, but it would be handy for other things.
This is my key fob. On top of this, I put it in a Faraday pouch at night, which makes it pretty easy to find.

Attachments

• Keyfob.jpg
    Keyfob.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 53
How well does the Smart Tag work? Do you have to be near the object? I don't need it for my key fob, but it would be handy for other things.
This is my key fob. On top of this, I put it in a Faraday pouch at night, which makes it pretty easy to find.
I'm not sure where the whole faraday pouch thing started, but that is only necessary if the key fob will be moving. Apparently it has a sensor that detects movement, and then begins to emit the signal. When the key fob is stationary, it won't use its own battery, or emit any sort of signal.

Let’s put a AirTag on that cat :)

It is the old Model S cover from my 90D Tesla. You can get them on Amazon. Type Tesla FOB cover.
The covers from my old S don’t quite fit little pocket etc. maybe I can see how much I hate this for a little it lol..

IMG_0106.jpeg
IMG_0107.jpeg

I'm not sure where the whole faraday pouch thing started, but that is only necessary if the key fob will be moving. Apparently it has a sensor that detects movement, and then begins to emit the signal. When the key fob is stationary, it won't use its own battery, or emit any sort of signal.
I didn't know about the sensor, in any event I haven't had any issue with my naked fob excessively draining the battery.

I should add what I love about the naked Lucid fob is how unobtrusive it is when parked in the right front pocket of my pants.

I just got a set of Airtags the other day. In testing, if you are within about 20 feet, the phone will point you in the direction of the item using the FindMy app, as you get closer and closer the direction arrow guides you and phone vibrates more and more. Note, you must have a newer iPhone (11 or greater with U1 chip) to get exact location. You can also trigger the tag to emit a beep. My understand on how they work in the wild is that when ever someone comes in range with an iPhone, the location of the Airtag is sent securely and anonymously to the cloud and its location can be found only by you in the FindMy app.

I ordered some new Airtag covers for mine so they don't look like an Apple/Airtag product and potentially discarded by a potential thief. The below covers make them look like a security door fob.

4 pack of Airtags available on Amazon ($89), cheaper than direct from Apple : https://www.amazon.com/Apple-MX542AM-A-AirTag-Pack/dp/B0932QJ2JZ

I'm looking forward to see performance when I travel next in October. There are multiple stories of people being able to track their missing luggage with an Airtag.

I always have the fob in my pocket when in use. It never falls out of even small dress pockets. At home, it goes with all the keys. The only times I've "lost" it are when the kids grab it first and then leave it some random place in the car and I need to look around for it.

Here are my fobs with AirTags and covers attached. I like that the cover disguises the AirTag so it’s less apt to be discarded if the keys are stolen.

IMG_5656.jpeg

Back