Key fob battery

DreamPaloAlto

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream P 21" Eureka Gold
DE Number
Had my DE for a little over three months, and today I had to change the button battery in the key fob for the second time. I tested the voltage of the battery and it was completely drained of power. Is the key fob constantly trying to communicate with the car? Any of you have the same experience?

I think there are issues with how sensitive the car is when listening for devices. I discovered if it's not locked in the garage I can't use my phone in the entire house because the car is constantly trying to steal the bluetooth connection. I'm wondering is the same is happening with the fob where it's constantly unlocking and locking without you knowing and draining the battery. I basically need the car to be asleep to avoid taking over devices.

@DreamPaloAlto My PPF guy had it die in four days...said it was on the car the entire time...I think the battery drains if the key is within 'range' of the car!

my key is usually about 20' from the car in the garage. perhaps I should bring the key into the house away from the car.

my key is usually about 20' from the car in the garage. perhaps I should bring the key into the house away from the car.
Yes! At least 25 feet and a wall in between lol

I lock the car with the fob (hoping this puts it to sleep) and ended up keeping the key fob about 30' away. Bonus - much less overnight drain as well. Now I just need to reset my habits!

I lock the car with the fob (hoping this puts it to sleep) and ended up keeping the key fob about 30' away. Bonus - much less overnight drain as well. Now I just need to reset my habits!
True, car has been out of state, fob away from car and over 3 days range has only dropped 2 miles

How big is the key fob anyway? Dimensions anyone? I was planning to get a faraday pouch for it.

True, car has been out of state, fob away from car and over 3 days range has only dropped 2 miles
What is different with Lucid's fob compared to other cars -- i dont remeber having battery drain problems since key less cars were introduced? And I never lock my car in the garage.

What is different with Lucid's fob compared to other cars -- i dont remeber having battery drain problems since key less cars were introduced? And I never lock my car in the garage.
It's the whole proximity lock/unlock thing so it's always searching for some key and draining the battery, but it must go into some sort of deep sleep state where it stops after a certain period of time.

Reactions: Bel
Did you test the battery before putting it in the fob? I’ve had bad luck with batteries bought on Amazon. A lot of dead batteries in new packaging. I’ve started buying batteries in person. Dunno if that is a possibility for you

D06678D3-CD49-471B-B299-D8A949B629CB.jpeg

Did you test the battery before putting it in the fob? I’ve had bad luck with batteries bought on Amazon. A lot of dead batteries in new packaging. I’ve started buying batteries in person. Dunno if that is a possibility for you
Thanks! I dont have the car yet. Completed order 3/30/22, agt silver. They said delivery jul-sep. I believe sep or later. Im just gathering info, on this very helpful forum, what to inspect and expect upon taking delivery. For example, I find it very intriging that you need to lock your car in the garage or put the fob in a Farady's cage. Another example, one person got from his ppf company that his Lucid had only half the thickness of final paint coat in a place compared to what the ppf company typically sees. I probably have to spend a full day inspecting due to issues from what i hear from other people on the forum. Id better bring a paint thickness meter too!

Thanks! I dont have the car yet. Completed order 3/30/22, agt silver. They said delivery jul-sep. I believe sep or later. Im just gathering info, on this very helpful forum, what to inspect and expect upon taking delivery. For example, I find it very intriging that you need to lock your car in the garage or put the fob in a Farady's cage. Another example, one person got from his ppf company that his Lucid had only half the thickness of final paint coat in a place compared to what the ppf company typically sees. I probably have to spend a full day inspecting due to issues from what i hear from other people on the forum. Id better bring a paint thickness meter too!
yea that thickness of paint threw me off. When I got my car wrapped, the detailer at the company said it was one of the nicest paint jobs he's seen. My car had no swirls, scratches, and needed almost no correction for the PPF and ceramic. I also had my car for almost 2 months before I got it wrapped, so it held up really well in the time I had it.

yea that thickness of paint threw me off. When I got my car wrapped, the detailer at the company said it was one of the nicest paint jobs he's seen. My car had no swirls, scratches, and needed almost no correction for the PPF and ceramic. I also had my car for almost 2 months before I got it wrapped, so it held up really well in the time I had it.
Ok, very good news!

The caveat is that the Zenith Red supposedly underwent a different method?
Yes, read that. Some complicated multilayer coatings -- maybe harder to repair. Thats why i went with silver

Back