Just sitting there

When I had a Lucid Service tech here one day he showed me had to put the car to sleep for 15 minutes and then open the door and then insert charger. That process worked for a while and then stopped working as I was getting 0.1 mile/hr charge and then it would drop to 0 mile/hr charge. So you just open port door and insert charger and lock door?
Interesting. I’ve never heard of that process. Yes I just get out of my car, open the charging port, plug in the standard charger, and then walk away. I don’t lock the door, turn off the AC, mute the radio, or doing anything else.

My key/phone are not the issue. They are not near the car. When charging the fans almost continuously run with the car in the garage and the outside temperatures in the 90s.

Interesting. I’ve never heard of that process. Yes I just get out of my car, open the charging port, plug in the standard charger, and then walk away. I don’t lock the door, turn off the AC, mute the radio, or doing anything else.
Interesting. I will try that next time.

Interesting. I will try that next time.
On some EA chargers after it connects and authorizes your car there is a “Continue” button you have to push before it actually starts charging.

I have plugged my car into a regular 120V outlet and charged it to 100% before with zero problems. It just takes a very very long time, something like 10 days of continuous charging if I recall correctly. In fact, I don’t even have a 14-50 installed in my house and I just plug the car in every night to get about 20-30 miles of range added which is enough to keep me even on a regular day where I just drive to work and then drive home. I also have minimal problems with battery leak.

Not every report is doom and gloom 😁

I have done the same, no issues.

I often leave my car at the airport for trips. So my question is this. If I drive there a leavythe car 60 percent charged for three weeks. What would I expect to find when I returned?

I'm in a similar test right now. Charged to 60%. Unplugged. Left the car in my garage (not temperature controlled but attached to the home). I have been gone for 5 days out of 21 planned and only checked the app once last night and still at 60%.

I wish there was a way to set specific alerts and then I would not need to check at all. And I would not then be concerned about waking up the vehicle unnecessarily.

I'm in a similar test right now. Charged to 60%. Unplugged. Left the car in my garage (not temperature controlled but attached to the home). I have been gone for 5 days out of 21 planned and only checked the app once last night and still at 60%.

I wish there was a way to set specific alerts and then I would not need to check at all. And I would not then be concerned about waking up the vehicle unnecessarily.
looking forward to your final results

Yeah I’ve left my car for as long as 3 weeks at a time and have lost maybe 5% of theoretical charge but I think that’s mostly from me waking the car up and checking on it with the app tbh. And who knows if that ‘lost charge’ is real. Just because the SOC reading changes doesn’t mean that actual charge and/or range is being lost.

looking forward to your final results

Returned after 22 days, car was in a garage, temp was likely 75-80 on avg. Lost only 3-4%. Left at 60% and returned at 56%. I checked the mobile app 4 times and I assume I woke up the car each time.

All in all, that seems to be an ok level of drain; IMO. Going forward, no concerns with unattended leaves.

Returned after 22 days, car was in a garage, temp was likely 75-80 on avg. Lost only 3-4%. Left at 60% and returned at 56%. I checked the mobile app 4 times and I assume I woke up the car each time.

All in all, that seems to be an ok level of drain; IMO. Going forward, no concerns with unattended leaves.
It would probably be even less if you didn't check at all! Good info to know though.

Back