Just a little frustrated....

E LUCID 8

Verified Owner
Cars
e53 Mercedes
Referral Code
LPT2BE5A
The Manhasset Long Island Studio opened May 27th. Wife and I saw the GT in Black and upgraded from my Red Touring reservation and confirmed an order. They have a white GT earmarked for test drives, but after 20 days of being open still have not gotten insurance etc. figured out in order to get it on the road. The next closest place for a test drive is New Jersey. Lucid-if you're listening- people want a test drive.

I drove 10.5 hours for my test drive.
You guys probably have a lot better experience down there.

I drove from Saratoga to NJ for my test drive. LI is MUCH closer! Just go and enjoy the test drive.

Yes you could drive to NJ but why should you? Lucid is paying for a showroom closer by. But they are not doing what needs to be done to get the best value from their investment.

I was thinking I may have to fly to Scottsdale to do a test drive. So I was thrilled when they wrote me to say they would be starting test drives in Cherry Creek (Denver) in July. Still about 40 minutes each way, but a lot better than a flight to Phoenix.

Early days. The East Coast appears way more covered than most of the states out here in the West. And California seems well stocked, too. Makes sense, but I do hope Lucid is planning a service center here in the Denver area as well.

Given how many Teslas, Ionic 5s, and even Polestars I see here in Boulder, they should be thinking about a showroom and service center over here in our little town as well. They will make a killing in this area once the Pure starts shipping.

The Manhasset Long Island Studio opened May 27th. Wife and I saw the GT in Black and upgraded from my Red Touring reservation and confirmed an order. They have a white GT earmarked for test drives, but after 20 days of being open still have not gotten insurance etc. figured out in order to get it on the road. The next closest place for a test drive is New Jersey. Lucid-if you're listening- people want a test drive.
There's a log of regulatory red tape that has to be cut in order for things like this to happen. Do you really think Lucid has been sitting on their butts to not get this to happen as soon as possible? There are some things you can't move any faster and I'm pretty sure a lot has to do with archaic rules of dealerships and direct sales to consumers.

There's a log of regulatory red tape that has to be cut in order for things like this to happen. Do you really think Lucid has been sitting on their butts to not get this to happen as soon as possible? There are some things you can't move any faster and I'm pretty sure a lot has to do with archaic rules of dealerships and direct sales to consumers.
I know they are not sitting on their butts and do want this to happen. The Advisors (can they be called sales people) there are great. They were building this location for probably over 6 months, and I was waiting for it to open. And yes, I know all too well about NY archaic- dealer lobbied- rules regarding direct sales. I also know Rivian had trouble delivering trucks because NY was not letting them be registered as passenger vehicles because of weight. NY is pushing for increase in EVs as policy but our legislature is not moving fast enough (or maybe not at all) to make this happen. It's just a general frustration with process.

I also went to the Manhasset studio and they introduced my brother in law to someone in NJ to schedule a test drive.

Back