Its not just Lucid

Steveinarizona

Cars
Genesis GV60 Performance
Being a Lucid forum we tend to see all the problems with the Lucid and sometimes think they are limited to Lucid. They are not.

I am a BMW user and active on a couple of BMW forums. Here is a example of a posting on one of them:

Software is hard :cool:. There was many a day when my old Audi A6 would just tell me it was taking a break for a bit, and I was on my own lol. I'm optimistic they will get most of the bugs ironed out sooner than later. We sometimes forget they are in year one, at least I do. That said, they won't know what's broken unless we tell them. What ya gonna do 🤷‍♂️ 😀

As a previous Audi owner I can attest that it's not Just a Lucid issue, especially when it comes to software. At least Lucid acknowledges the issues and fixes them via OTA's where Audi just denies anything is wrong or "this is the first time we've heard of this" when forums are lit up with the issues.

Porsche finally backpedaled on the Taycan and all then new software improvements are being installed all the way back to the 2019 models because owners were initially being told that the software was only for new models only leaving existing owners with bugs and missing features. Audi on the other hand is still hell bent on getting you to buy a new model than do anything to upgrade previous years models with bug fixes and features.

So yes, Lucid comes with issues but at least they're not screwing customers over and saying "this is what it is" and ignoring them like the traditional automakers seem to be doing. The auto industry as a whole is just not good with software to Lucid should be given some kudos for what they've delivered at not even a year old.

Such a great point.. My Lincoln had an issue of the window bouncing back down when using the auto-close. Some may say "Ugh, a 100 year old company cant even get a window to work. $100,000 and I expect better!" and post a long rant. Others will say "99% of the car is great, this issue sucks though. Ill go get it fixed"

As a previous Audi owner I can attest that it's not Just a Lucid issue, especially when it comes to software. At least Lucid acknowledges the issues and fixes them via OTA's where Audi just denies anything is wrong or "this is the first time we've heard of this" when forums are lit up with the issues.

Porsche finally backpedaled on the Taycan and all then new software improvements are being installed all the way back to the 2019 models because owners were initially being told that the software was only for new models only leaving existing owners with bugs and missing features. Audi on the other hand is still hell bent on getting you to buy a new model than do anything to upgrade previous years models with bug fixes and features.

So yes, Lucid comes with issues but at least they're not screwing customers over and saying "this is what it is" and ignoring them like the traditional automakers seem to be doing. The auto industry as a whole is just not good with software to Lucid should be given some kudos for what they've delivered at not even a year old.
My 2018 F-250 has a very laggy infotainment. I brought it to Ford dealership to update. They told me it’s $1200 for update to fix. I wasn’t happy it has to be that expensive, therefore ignored it and just use Apple CarPlay to replace all Ford apps. A few months later, I went back again, I was told by a different service adviser that I can switch to new infotainment unit or rather take a risk to do a factory reset option myself, if factory reset doesn’t cure it, then come back for it. I was timid to do a reset, so I have been living with Apple CarPlay instead of Ford Infotainment system ever since. Will this deter my future purchase of Ford? I don’t think so. I got that truck for commercial use and its reputation of solid and reliability. I had another F-150 lasted 150k miles with no issue. This OTA update aspect started by Tesla is just great technological advancement treating cars like PC software. I love it. I’ll can do this in my own garage instead of bring it to dealership to wait.

And software problems just cost the VW CEO his job.
They should’ve gotten rid of him a long time ago. Cariad was VW’s 3rd or so attempt at “rebuilding” its software team. It was hilarious when he took an ID3 on a road trip and then bitched about iONITY chargers not working and telling them to get a grip. What makes it hilarious is that VW Group partly owns iONITY! Same with EA, the software and infrastructure are a hot mess. VW Group has no idea how to manage infrastructure and build reliable software. After my e-Tron experience I’ll never buy a VW Group car again.

They’re a dinosaur stuck in the past. Diess was all talk and no action

They should’ve gotten rid of him a long time ago. Cariad was VW’s 3rd or so attempt at “rebuilding” its software team. It was hilarious when he took an ID3 on a road trip and then bitched about iONITY chargers not working and telling them to get a grip. What makes it hilarious is that VW Group partly owns iONITY! Same with EA, the software and infrastructure are a hot mess. VW Group has no idea how to manage infrastructure and build reliable software. After my e-Tron experience I’ll never buy a VW Group car again.

They’re a dinosaur stuck in the past. Diess was all talk and no action
I really like VW ID.Buzz, the look is very slick. But my wife said, no VW, no GM, no dinosaur. Clearly, we have stigma bc traumatic experience. 😂

Well, you know that I have to chime in...

My Lucid DE has the worse software of any car that we have ever owned. The software in my wife's EQS is much better, the C8 Corvette software is much better and these cost less that the Lucid. My 2018 Navigator has had a few little bugs of the years but the ACC stops when it should and the NAV system works better even with outdated maps. These cars also have SiriusXM radio and can play audio from a thumb drive.

Lucid can do better, much better and hopefully they will withing the next 12 months.

Back