Issues With New Car

That’s terrible to hear and shouldn’t be happening. I do feel like we’ve all taken a risk to some degree going with a relatively new car company. There’s a reason there aren’t typically new companies coming all the time (granted more now in ev space), it’s hard. Again it’s no excuse for what’s happened to you.
 
FWIW, I have dealt with numerous people at both Lucid Motors and Lucid Financial and they have all been terrific, except one. So IMO the default setting for customer service at both places is excellence. YMMV.
 

So the guy probably got fired, and they dropped the ball. I can see this happening in any company. Not earth shattering as you make it. ​


I sympathize with your issues, but not every product from every manufacturer is perfect. There will always be lemons, quality issues- humans make mistakes.

Even Mercedes/BMW/Audi buyers had such stories. Just unfortunate to you that you had one of those cars and your service rep quit or got fired at the same time.

Lucid will fix the issues. I guarantee you that! Unlike many dealers who would give you a runaround.
 
I see Natick getting praise but my purchasing experience has not been great:
1. There was a big rush to get me to pay so they could deliver the car. So I signed the contract and paid, and then they cancelled the contract. They said they would not deliver the car unless I signed another contract with a different delivery date.
2. I purchased the roof rack bars so I can transport my bike (metal roof) and asked that they be put in the trunk and delivered with the car. They forgot to put them in the car.
3. The roof rack bars finally arrive a few weeks later, after I had alerted the guy who oriented me on the day of delivery and then later calling my sales associate after they were not showing up. When I go to install them one of the inserts spins so I can't even remove the factory bolt from the insert.
4. I call Natick and California to see what can be done about the insert. I finally hear back from a service person in Natick via email and am asked to send a video of the spinning insert so I do so. I am told I need to go to an approved body shop 2 hours away. I ask if I need to take the car there and leave it or if it is a one day fix. No answer yet.
5. I also talk to my sales advisor to see where we are in registering the car. It has been almost a month since delivery and I explain that I need to show registration in my state to claim a $2000 EV rebate from my electric utility and a free car charger. They say it should happen by the end of October.

I love driving the car but I also like to bike, and if I can't take my bike then the car gets left at home. The car has been left at home a lot. The fact they still can't get the roof insert problem sorted blows my mind.
 
What’s funny is the second worst car I ever owned was a Toyota, their service was awful and always tried to get out of warranty repairs (the Ford Focus will always be the crown jewel piece of shit but Toyota gets second place). But that doesn’t mean Toyota sucks, just means I had a bad experience with their car.

Carl Sagan’s great book The Demon Haunted World gives many examples of distorted thinking and arguments. What we see a LOT of in here is what he referred to as “Argument by anomaly”, where a disgruntled customer posting in here and also Facebook and Reddit about problems is extrapolated to be the universal experience with Lucid, when in fact nearly all customers take delivery of a working non-damaged car. His book was written before Internet forums existed so just imagine how much argument by anomaly gets amplified now.
 
From personal experience….and you can ask other seasoned owners on the forum.
Past experience can't predict the future. You are basically speculating. That's not a guarantee. Even Lucid's CEO can't guarantee what you are "guaranteeing".
 

So the guy probably got fired, and they dropped the ball. I can see this happening in any company. Not earth shattering as you make it. ​


I sympathize with your issues, but not every product from every manufacturer is perfect. There will always be lemons, quality issues- humans make mistakes.

Even Mercedes/BMW/Audi buyers had such stories. Just unfortunate to you that you had one of those cars and your service rep quit or got fired at the same time.

Lucid will fix the issues. I guarantee you that! Unlike many dealers who would give you a runaround.
There’s no way they fired this guy he was awesome.
 
mind that escalating an issue can result in retribution blowback, which has happened to me (and others).
I didn’t really get that vibe from lucid 🤷 I try to be diplomatic tho
For one thing, all Lucid employees have email, and figuring out what their email address is not difficult, since they all use the same [email protected]
See I know that’s true but I feel like I would be bugging them if I did that. I don’t even say the names of the people I’ve dealt with at Lucid on the forums here, because I feel like they shouldn’t be dragged into this, it’s just their job. I don’t want someone to be recognized at their damn job cuz a hothead named Sock Tucker bitched about them on the internet. That would suck.
Lucid will fix the issues. I guarantee you that! Unlike many dealers who would give you a runaround.
My man I got the definition of run around for a few weeks there let’s be real here 😂
 
What’s funny is the second worst car I ever owned was a Toyota, their service was awful and always tried to get out of warranty repairs (the Ford Focus will always be the crown jewel piece of shit but Toyota gets second place). But that doesn’t mean Toyota sucks, just means I had a bad experience with their car.

Carl Sagan’s great book The Demon Haunted World gives many examples of distorted thinking and arguments. What we see a LOT of in here is what he referred to as “Argument by anomaly”, where a disgruntled customer posting in here and also Facebook and Reddit about problems is extrapolated to be the universal experience with Lucid, when in fact nearly all customers take delivery of a working non-damaged car. His book was written before Internet forums existed so just imagine how much argument by anomaly gets amplified now
I award you 3 Sock Tucker Awards for mentioning Carl Sagan


🥇 🥇 🥇

*sock tucker awards have no cash value and can only be redeemed for a headache
 
Past experience can't predict the future. You are basically speculating. That's not a guarantee. Even Lucid's CEO can't guarantee what you are "guaranteeing".
I agree. I wouldn’t guarantee it.

I would be very surprised if that wasn’t the case, but certainly nobody can actually predict the future.

That said, while past experience can’t predict the future, it can inform it. That is, all signs point to them not suddenly deciding to stop fixing things.
 
To fair though, Lucid has chosen this forum as a way to communicate with customers. They post updates here and respond fast. I can’t imagine they care about or even use Reddit.
That’s a good thing, because they care (and they do respond on Reddit, etc.).

But they can stop doing that at any time. This isn’t an official Lucid forum, we don’t get any funding or special things from Lucid, etc.

That they’ve thought it was important to engage with their customers where their customers are talking is, imho, a rare and great thing.

But it was not “designed” that way; that is, this forum was never intended to be, and still isn’t, an official support channel.

See I know that’s true but I feel like I would be bugging them if I did that. I don’t even say the names of the people I’ve dealt with at Lucid on the forums here, because I feel like they shouldn’t be dragged into this, it’s just their job. I don’t want someone to be recognized at their damn job cuz a hothead named Sock Tucker bitched about them on the internet. That would suck.
Contacting people who can solve problems directly is certainly less likely to bug them than a bunch of posts from you blasting the on the internet; either way, they end up getting involved, but the former allows them to do so in good faith, without having to do it under duress.

Of course, if nobody responds or they say they don’t care, that’s a different story.

And no, I’m not suggesting you start complaining about specific people here. Nobody wants that.

I’m just suggesting you give them a chance to resolve the issue without making it public immediately. Maybe you did, and I don’t have that context.

You don’t *have* to, by any means. Just seems the kind thing to do, and I’ll say it has helped me build stronger relationships with service, sales, etc.

Anyway, up to you. I just find that giving folks a chance (assuming the issue isn’t affecting drivability) is generally a good thing.

Nobody likes it if a car has issues. Not even Lucid.
 
I’m just suggesting you give them a chance to resolve the issue without making it public immediately
I did, believe me. They responded because of my posts here (and the employee that posts here specifically) after all my other attempts were ignored, or, just ghosted on.
 
I did, believe me. They responded because of my posts here (and the employee that posts here specifically) after all my other attempts were ignored, or, just ghosted on.
Fair enough.
 
Hi, everyone.

I am following the conversation here and appreciate the insights that are being shared. Please trust that everyone at Lucid is operating with our customers best interests in mind and wants to give you the best experience possible, the one you expect. There may be times when a customer does not get the attention they deserve. I apologize for that. On those occasions, please feel free to message me directly. That is the quickest way to get my attention. You are also welcome to send me a direct email. I won’t share my email here, but as has been noted elsewhere, email addresses at Lucid are fairly easy to ascertain as they all follow the same basic format ([email protected]). I am very happy to help.

Also, as has been noted, the forum is not owned or managed by Lucid, but I appreciate having the opportunity to be a part of this community, learning where we can do better and helping whenever I can. Thank you for allowing me to be here.

Best,
Marqie Carter
 
Last edited:
If users here are new to the luxury car market, they may not realize how unique your position is. I used to be a BMW driver and there were two active BMW user forums that I was active in and if there was a corporate representative, he/she was well hidden. The same thing applies to Genesis.
Now it would be nice if the situation were that you were lonely like the old TV commercial for Maytag (
) but it is terrific that you are here and I hope that everyone appreciates how wonderfully unique you are in that role.
 
I’m very early in my Lucid ownership experience. I was shocked to see a representative of the company engaged in the forum. I’ve owned cars across multiple luxury brands and have never seen that.

Even more shocking are seeing repeated posts from individuals who seemingly aren’t taking advantage of that engagement. It makes no sense. I’m all in favor of enlightening other owners as to problems and issues. But at some point it’s not about the company or the car.
 
Back
Top