Issues With New Car

Honestly, I see a company growing. Tesla had these MANY issues getting the model 3 out the door. Or the MANY issues with the original Model X doors. When you grow, even if you are starting small and getting just a bit bigger, it’s painful. If you bought a Lucid you chose not to go with an established brand with a robust network in exchange for something new and hopefully exciting. You just have to expect ups and also downs. It sucks that some people feel more of those issues than others. I do think it’s telling that I see the same names complaining over and over. It doesn’t seem like the majority of owners are having a bad overall experience.
 
Honestly, I see a company growing. Tesla had these MANY issues getting the model 3 out the door. Or the MANY issues with the original Model X doors. When you grow, even if you are starting small and getting just a bit bigger, it’s painful. If you bought a Lucid you chose not to go with an established brand with a robust network in exchange for something new and hopefully exciting. You just have to expect ups and also downs. It sucks that some people feel more of those issues than others. I do think it’s telling that I see the same names complaining over and over. It doesn’t seem like the majority of owners are having a bad overall experience.
I agree with you, however, the sales process included assurances that if a new problem comes up, they will fix it. So far, they have failed to do so even on safety issues going on for almost two months. Also, their guarantees have been meaningless because they usually aren't followed through with. The key selling point is that "you may encounter problems, but here is our robust network of mobile and shop service that will deal with issues". I understood exactly what I was buying. However, literally NONE of their assurances have come to fruition.

The other issue you see is that the only way to get Lucid to pay attention to you is to make a lot of noise. I don't like making a fuss on a car forum, and I have skipped over more than half of the shit i went through with Lucid already. Unfortunatly the only way to have gotten my legitimate problems even looked at is by going full Karen on a car forum. The names complaining are the ones that have only gotten assistance by complaining here. This is not what I want to do, either.
 
This is consistent with my experience owning a Lucid.
 
Honestly, I see a company growing. Tesla had these MANY issues getting the model 3 out the door. Or the MANY issues with the original Model X doors. When you grow, even if you are starting small and getting just a bit bigger, it’s painful. If you bought a Lucid you chose not to go with an established brand with a robust network in exchange for something new and hopefully exciting. You just have to expect ups and also downs. It sucks that some people feel more of those issues than others. I do think it’s telling that I see the same names complaining over and over. It doesn’t seem like the majority of owners are having a bad overall experience.
They sold 30k cars? I’ve only heard 10-20 people really complain. Maybe 4-5 are spot on. Rest of them expected to buy from a new growing company and get Toyota like perfection.
 
They sold 30k cars? I’ve only heard 10-20 people really complain. Maybe 4-5 are spot on. Rest of them expected to buy from a new growing company and get Toyota like perfection.
Nail that sticks up gets hammered down as they say, and it worked. I got the run around for weeks by official channels. Posted on here, Lucid community rep saw it, I got a phone call within 6 hours and am now scheduled for all my repairs. Graceful way to do it? No. Effective? Yes, and the only way that's worked so far.

As I've always said, the PEOPLE at lucid are great. But it seems like they can only help you so far, until their higher ups see a big complaint, then they empower thier people to resolve the issue. If their front line people could have that power in the beginning, I think a lot of this could be prevented.
 
I know you guys that are having trouble don't want to hear this, but my new Air GT has been outstanding (so far hehehe 😅). Is it perfect? No, but it is at least as perfect as the last three Audis that I owned.

I think there is definitely an echo chamber effect going on here, on Reddit and on Facebook where one person complains in all three places. Then others pick up on it and make the problems seem more widespread than they are.

I don't doubt that some of you are having large issues with your Lucids, and you def have my sympathies. And Lucid absolutely has to get their software ducks in a row like right now. But they are a new company in a business that is extremely cash intensive for startups. Their cars/minivans are incredible when they work, which IMO is most of the time.

Its like building a sports team. It takes years to fill all of the positions with talent. Right now, Lucid looks like they have some holes on their squad that need to be filled, and it is going to take time to do that.
 
I know you guys that are having trouble don't want to hear this, but my new Air GT has been outstanding (so far hehehe 😅). Is it perfect? No, but it is at least as perfect as the last three Audis that I owned.

I think there is definitely an echo chamber effect going on here, on Reddit and on Facebook where one person complains in all three places. Then others pick up on it and make the problems seem more widespread than they are.

I don't doubt that some of you are having large issues with your Lucids, and you def have my sympathies. And Lucid absolutely has to get their software ducks in a row like right now. But they are a new company in a business that is extremely cash intensive for startups. Their cars/minivans are incredible when they work, which IMO is most of the time.

Its like building a sports team. It takes years to fill all of the positions with talent. Right now, Lucid looks like they have some holes on their squad that need to be filled, and it is going to take time to do that.
To fair though, Lucid has chosen this forum as a way to communicate with customers. They post updates here and respond fast. I can’t imagine they care about or even use Reddit.
 
To fair though, Lucid has chosen this forum as a way to communicate with customers. They post updates here and respond fast. I can’t imagine they care about or even use Reddit.
They post the same updates on Reddit too; so I guess they do care.
 
I know you guys that are having trouble don't want to hear this, but my new Air GT has been outstanding (so far hehehe 😅).

Oh, you have no idea how badly I want to hear this from as many owners as possible. After driving a Lucid for almost four years and watching the industry closely, there is still not another car on the scene that I would turn to as an alternative. So I want the company to succeed and keep expanding their model line-up.

I don't doubt that some of you are having large issues with your Lucids, and you def have my sympathies. And Lucid absolutely has to get their software ducks in a row like right now. But they are a new company in a business that is extremely cash intensive for startups.

Parr of the problem was that Lucid made a big deal -- a very big deal, in fact -- of assurances that the Air was not going to go through "production hell" and that they would step off the line delivering top-tier quality. Then, in light of the notorious key fob and entry/exit issues which soon surfaced with the Air, they issued assurances that the Gravity would see no such problems. And they topped it up with endless hype about the Gravity's UX 3.0 that would be a huge generational leap over the Air's abyssmal UX 1.0 and a considerable improvement over its UX 2.0 (which did slay many of the UX 1.0 dragons).

Having been an automotive early adopter most of my adult life, I know the aggravation that almost inevitably brings, and I saw it in spades from such storied "quality" brands as Mercedes and even Honda. But I never saw Mercedes (or any other car company) even mention quality as a reason not to worry about buying one of their new products. Lucid, however, grabbed the mic to proclaim it.

Their cars/minivans are incredible when they work, which IMO is most of the time.

Absolutely agree they are incredible when they work. A bit more skeptical about "most of the time", depending on what you mean by "when they work". They certainly get you from points A to B most of the time, and in comfort with driving thrills galore to boot. But whether they do it without some software glitch or another rearing its head is another matter entirely. I had four years of it, and I now know it's not going away any time soon.
 
Honestly, I see a company growing. Tesla had these MANY issues getting the model 3 out the door. Or the MANY issues with the original Model X doors. When you grow, even if you are starting small and getting just a bit bigger, it’s painful. If you bought a Lucid you chose not to go with an established brand with a robust network in exchange for something new and hopefully exciting. You just have to expect ups and also downs. It sucks that some people feel more of those issues than others. I do think it’s telling that I see the same names complaining over and over. It doesn’t seem like the majority of owners are having a bad overall experience.
So, Lucid didn't study the mistakes Tesla made and chose to repeat them? Doesn't look very smart, does it?
 
So, Lucid didn't study the mistakes Tesla made and chose to repeat them? Doesn't look very smart, does it?

Yes I think Lucid looked out at the market opportunities ahead of them and said “How can we make the same mistakes Tesla made.” Very astute point.
 
Interesting
 
The whataboutism in regards to Tesla to try to excuse Lucid’s problems is not a winning argument. If a customer wants a Tesla with all these problems they could time travel back to get one in 2015, or they could buy a modern day Lucid. Does that sound like a good value proposition?

If as a company tagline you are going to say, literally, Compromise Nothing, then expect your customers to compromise on a lot of things, there will be a serious mismatch of expectations and deliverables.

It seems obvious that the engineering is unbelievable but the business is being run terribly, unless having marqie respond on a forum is the idea behind great customer service.
 
Parr of the problem was that Lucid made a big deal -- a very big deal, in fact -- of assurances that the Air was not going to go through "production hell" and that they would step off the line delivering top-tier quality. Then, in light of the notorious key fob and entry/exit issues which soon surfaced with the Air, they issued assurances that the Gravity would see no such problems. And they topped it up with endless hype about the Gravity's UX 3.0 that would be a huge generational leap over the Air's abyssmal UX 1.0 and a considerable improvement over its UX 2.0 (which did slay many of the UX 1.0 dragons).

Having been an automotive early adopter most of my adult life, I know the aggravation that almost inevitably brings, and I saw it in spades from such storied "quality" brands as Mercedes and even Honda. But I never saw Mercedes (or any other car company) even mention quality as a reason not to worry about buying one of their new products. Lucid, however, grabbed the mic to proclaim it.
This^
 
It's kind of funny that the remedy that so many people on here suggest when there is a problem is "ask for a supervisor." Supervisors are probably overloaded at this point - perhaps why the manager never responded to me. But the "manager" alarm just doubles down on the ad hoc nature of the problem.
Nobody has ever suggested that it should be this way. That suggestion is simply because that is the present method of recourse; escalating up the chain.

We all agree it shouldn't be that way, or at the very least should need to happen less frequently.
 
Lucid is now one of those companies where "if you get a good one" you will love it. If you don't...dealing with Lucid becomes a frustrating hobby.
I don't think this is fair to say at all. Even when I had service issues, service was exceptional. Moreover, talking (anecdotally) to local folks, the vast majority have nothing but kind things to say about service. Yes, there are exceptions, and especially very recently, but in general, the service experience is excellent, even when you have issues.

That doesn't mean it is perfect for everyone. But San Jose, for example, is trying to improve the reputation again here in the Bay Area (I've spoken to Ron about this directly) because Millbrae, while excellent, is understaffed and slower now than before. The SJ service center is an order of magnitude larger than Millbrae.

Most people get frustrated by sales. Few (but definitely not zero) get frustrated by service.

I have no reason to suspect that service is suddenly going to be awful; it just might be right now, and for a short term. The same was true when the Air launched wider and they needed to hire for that; service slowed down, then found their groove again.

I'm not excusing it. I'm simply saying it's likely temporary, if you have issues. Also, it's very dependent on your location. West Palm Beach (if you read the old threads) used to be one of the worst service centers in the country. Now it's one of the best. Things change, especially through growth periods.

That doesn't make it feel better if you're fighting with service right now though, that's for sure.
 
I don't think this is fair to say at all. Even when I had service issues, service was exceptional. Moreover, talking (anecdotally) to local folks, the vast majority have nothing but kind things to say about service. Yes, there are exceptions, and especially very recently, but in general, the service experience is excellent, even when you have issues.

That doesn't mean it is perfect for everyone. But San Jose, for example, is trying to improve the reputation again here in the Bay Area (I've spoken to Ron about this directly) because Millbrae, while excellent, is understaffed and slower now than before. The SJ service center is an order of magnitude larger than Millbrae.

Most people get frustrated by sales. Few (but definitely not zero) get frustrated by service.

I have no reason to suspect that service is suddenly going to be awful; it just might be right now, and for a short term. The same was true when the Air launched wider and they needed to hire for that; service slowed down, then found their groove again.

I'm not excusing it. I'm simply saying it's likely temporary, if you have issues. Also, it's very dependent on your location. West Palm Beach (if you read the old threads) used to be one of the worst service centers in the country. Now it's one of the best. Things change, especially through growth periods.

That doesn't make it feel better if you're fighting with service right now though, that's for sure.
And see my sales guy was awesome. It’s gotta be regional. They’ve got a manager on it now and he’s awesome too, hopefully they can staff up where they want to be.

It’s weird too like you said. I have two Teslas. The cheap one? Flawless. Great car. The Performance Y? Lousy, lots of problems. I’m literally returning the lease a year early.
 
Nobody has ever suggested that it should be this way. That suggestion is simply because that is the present method of recourse; escalating up the chain.
And keep in mind that escalating an issue can result in retribution blowback, which has happened to me (and others).
 
The other issue you see is that the only way to get Lucid to pay attention to you is to make a lot of noise.
This is not true. There are plenty of other routes. For one thing, all Lucid employees have email, and figuring out what their email address is not difficult, since they all use the same [email protected]

They aren't guaranteed to pay any attention, but making "a lot of noise" is not the only way to get attention. It may (sometimes, depending on the noise and what the problem is) be the fastest way of getting attention (maybe), but if you do that for every issue you'll eventually find that it slows down; "boy who cried wolf," and all that.

You could befriend a service advisor, and talk to them, and have them advocate on your behalf; this means being kind, and not obstinate.

Again, I'm not suggesting any of this should be required; but it's not correct to say there are no options but to join a picket line. :P
 
And keep in mind that escalating an issue can result in retribution blowback, which has happened to me (and others).
You're right, but that's more the exception than the rule.

That said, that is never acceptable, and should never happen, imho.
 
Back
Top