Issues with my vehicle

acader

Cars
Lucid Air
I leased a Lucid Air Pure on 12/30/2023. My experience has been nothing but negative.
1. The car seems to have a mind of its own to lock/unlock doors with my iPhone. I've been drenched in the rain waiting for the door to unlock on more than a couple of occasions.
2. I keep getting some type of "right side radar failure" message. Happens at least 2 x month.
3. CarPlay is active, but I cannot hear any audio. Have to do a complete bluetooth re-connect (5 times since I leased the car)
4. Lucid tech came home and spent 3 hours with every possible reset and left very frustrated.
5. Wipers do not work consistently in "Auto Lo" mode. Have to manually turn it on many times.
6. Cabin fan is inconsistent. Sometimes, speed of 5 could be 3 or 8 depending on how the car feels on that day.
7. Even if I have the key / phone in my pocket, it will not let me drive without entering the PIN. Again, not always, but decided that today is "PIN enter" day.
8. The driver side door rubber channel fell off. Lucid made 3 trips to fix it (part was wrong).

Yesterday was the kicker.
I could not open the driver door. The handle would not pop-out, but made an awfully loud knocking noise. So I had to get into the passenger car in my work parking lot, open the driver door and get it. (The looks I got from some of the co-workers were hilarious). I called Lucid and they sent somebody out to drop off a loaner while they take my car and get it fixed.

Brace yourself: The gentleman who brought the loaner Lucid ran into a problem!!!. So Lucid calls me and requests that they park the loaner on my property while they loan me a car from ENTERPRISE!!! They've arranged for Lyft to come and take me to Enterprise. The problematic loaner is on my property without the keys (since they did not want any liability if I drove it).

This could very well be a LEMON.

I leased a Lucid Air Pure on 12/30/2023. My experience has been nothing but negative.
1. The car seems to have a mind of its own to lock/unlock doors with my iPhone. I've been drenched in the rain waiting for the door to unlock on more than a couple of occasions.
2. I keep getting some type of "right side radar failure" message. Happens at least 2 x month.
3. CarPlay is active, but I cannot hear any audio. Have to do a complete bluetooth re-connect (5 times since I leased the car)
4. Lucid tech came home and spent 3 hours with every possible reset and left very frustrated.
5. Wipers do not work consistently in "Auto Lo" mode. Have to manually turn it on many times.
6. Cabin fan is inconsistent. Sometimes, speed of 5 could be 3 or 8 depending on how the car feels on that day.
7. Even if I have the key / phone in my pocket, it will not let me drive without entering the PIN. Again, not always, but decided that today is "PIN enter" day.
8. The driver side door rubber channel fell off. Lucid made 3 trips to fix it (part was wrong).

Yesterday was the kicker.
I could not open the driver door. The handle would not pop-out, but made an awfully loud knocking noise. So I had to get into the passenger car in my work parking lot, open the driver door and get it. (The looks I got from some of the co-workers were hilarious). I called Lucid and they sent somebody out to drop off a loaner while they take my car and get it fixed.

Brace yourself: The gentleman who brought the loaner Lucid ran into a problem!!!. So Lucid calls me and requests that they park the loaner on my property while they loan me a car from ENTERPRISE!!! They've arranged for Lyft to come and take me to Enterprise. The problematic loaner is on my property without the keys (since they did not want any liability if I drove it).

This could very well be a LEMON.
Sounds frustrating. Keep us posted.

Back