• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Issues with iPhone - Contacts, getting

ytsandal

Cars
Lucid GT
I got my GT delivered on Friday the 13th. Despite the timing and while there have been a number of issues, I have generally been happy with it. However, I still have some issues I cannot get service to solve and was wondering if anyone has figured out solutions for? (I am new to the forum, and really appreciate all the insights. It has been hard to search for these topics, given the keywords phone and contacts come up in many other use cases):

1. The first has to do with using the phone to call or text. My car basically cannot load my iPhone's contacts or favorites or last called, making it impossible to dial by name or redial a recent call. The techs say it is because I have too many contacts and the car does not use a hard-drive to store them. However, I would assume that most of the typical Lucid customers have a lot of contacts in their phones. And it is not loading the Favorites, which is only like 10-12 names (I think because the car decides to load all contacts first, instead of the low-hanging fruit with favorites). This has become a big issue for me, given that there is no CarPlay. And speaking of CarPlay, there never seems to be an issue loading my contacts into any CarPlay equipped car I have ever used (with or without a hard-drive) quickly. Any thoughts?

2. The second has to do with using the touchscreens to use music or maps. I have a very hard time getting the little pop up with music choices in the Right Cockpit to move up so I can see it. Especially when I am driving, it feels like a safety issue, as it is so difficult to switch from Spotify to AM/FM, or to choose a different Spotify playlist. It is much easier to manipulate the music or maps on the main screen, but is anyone else having difficulties swiping it down to the main screen (even when not driving)? After you get it there, has anyone been able to figure out a way to get the system to leave the music on the main screen instead of disappearing every 30 seconds?

thanks so much.

I got my GT delivered on Friday the 13th. Despite the timing and while there have been a number of issues, I have generally been happy with it. However, I still have some issues I cannot get service to solve and was wondering if anyone has figured out solutions for? (I am new to the forum, and really appreciate all the insights. It has been hard to search for these topics, given the keywords phone and contacts come up in many other use cases):

1. The first has to do with using the phone to call or text. My car basically cannot load my iPhone's contacts or favorites or last called, making it impossible to dial by name or redial a recent call. The techs say it is because I have too many contacts and the car does not use a hard-drive to store them. However, I would assume that most of the typical Lucid customers have a lot of contacts in their phones. And it is not loading the Favorites, which is only like 10-12 names (I think because the car decides to load all contacts first, instead of the low-hanging fruit with favorites). This has become a big issue for me, given that there is no CarPlay. And speaking of CarPlay, there never seems to be an issue loading my contacts into any CarPlay equipped car I have ever used (with or without a hard-drive) quickly. Any thoughts?

2. The second has to do with using the touchscreens to use music or maps. I have a very hard time getting the little pop up with music choices in the Right Cockpit to move up so I can see it. Especially when I am driving, it feels like a safety issue, as it is so difficult to switch from Spotify to AM/FM, or to choose a different Spotify playlist. It is much easier to manipulate the music or maps on the main screen, but is anyone else having difficulties swiping it down to the main screen (even when not driving)? After you get it there, has anyone been able to figure out a way to get the system to leave the music on the main screen instead of disappearing every 30 seconds?

thanks so much.
1) have you enabled the ability when connected to bluetooth for Phone + Audio on the settings?
2) You don't need to swipe down on the right driver panel. On the pilot panel there is a "bar" on the top of the screen. I find that "bar" to be much easier to swipe down rather than the driver panel. And no it always disappears and you have to swipe it down again.

And speaking of CarPlay, there never seems to be an issue loading my contacts into any CarPlay equipped car I have ever used (with or without a hard-drive) quickly.
This is because CarPlay is just a display extension of your phone. All the data is actually entirely on your iPhone and just being "mirrored" to the CarPlay compatible display.

2. The second has to do with using the touchscreens to use music or maps. I have a very hard time getting the little pop up with music choices in the Right Cockpit to move up so I can see it. Especially when I am driving, it feels like a safety issue, as it is so difficult to switch from Spotify to AM/FM, or to choose a different Spotify playlist.
I’m glad you brought this up. It’s a serious user interface design flaw in my opinion, as you touch the music icon, then the tab that comes up HIDES all your music options, requiring a very specific just-right touch to reveal the list of audio apps. I hope they fix it in an update, but @hydbob recommendation of choosing the top tab in the pilot panel is an ok temporary work around. But yeah the interface for listening to anything is aggravating at the moment. It has the feeling that it wasn’t tested much before getting into production vehicles.

I’m glad you brought this up. It’s a serious user interface design flaw in my opinion, as you touch the music icon, then the tab that comes up HIDES all your music options, requiring a very specific just-right touch to reveal the list of audio apps. I hope they fix it in an update, but @hydbob recommendation of choosing the top tab in the pilot panel is an ok temporary work around. But yeah the interface for listening to anything is aggravating at the moment. It has the feeling that it wasn’t tested much before getting into production vehicles.
Yes, I agree this is annoying. I can’t wait for CarPlay.

Thanks so much for the reply. What was the specific work around you referenced (or maybe the specific post from @hydbob? thx

Thanks so much for the reply. What was the specific work around you referenced (or maybe the specific post from @hydbob? thx
Oh, when you click on the music icon in the glass cockpit, look down at the pilot panel and at the very top of the pilot panel you’ll see a bar that represents a pull down menu for the music options, so you can pull it down and use it there instead of trying to finger-slide the menu from the glass cockpit down into the pilot panel.

1) have you enabled the ability when connected to bluetooth for Phone + Audio on the settings?
2) You don't need to swipe down on the right driver panel. On the pilot panel there is a "bar" on the top of the screen. I find that "bar" to be much easier to swipe down rather than the driver panel. And no it always disappears and you have to swipe it down again.
Hydbob and Bunnylebowski, Sorry, I totally misread this post earlier. I just found the bar you mentioned at the top of the Pilot Panel, much easier. thanks so much.

On (1), the iphone is apparently setup/paired correctly (the techs have checked twice, and i receive calls and messages fine). Basically when I pull up favorites or contacts it is either completely blank or there is a circle. Once in a while, it shows some contacts, but not all (and rarely the favorites). Again, the Service techs are telling me it is because i have too many contacts, but I would have thought that many Lucid customers have a lot of contacts. Has this issue been happening to anyone else?

thanks,

Hydbob and Bunnylebowski, Sorry, I totally misread this post earlier. I just found the bar you mentioned at the top of the Pilot Panel, much easier. thanks so much.

On (1), the iphone is apparently setup/paired correctly (the techs have checked twice, and i receive calls and messages fine). Basically when I pull up favorites or contacts it is either completely blank or there is a circle. Once in a while, it shows some contacts, but not all (and rarely the favorites). Again, the Service techs are telling me it is because i have too many contacts, but I would have thought that many Lucid customers have a lot of contacts. Has this issue been happening to anyone else?

thanks,
I have the same problem. No favorites, very slow to load contacts. Most of the time I use siri instead.

Have you installed the Alexa app on your phone? I had some issues with the car correctly loading my phone information, but it went away once I installed Alexa.

Theoretically, it should not matter and it should pull the data via the bluetooth connection, but it may be supplementing it with data pulled via the Alexa app as well.

Good reminder. I have Alexa installed on my phone but had not allowed access to my contacts. I enabled that and the favorites and recents showed up in the Lucid. (slowly)

Have you installed the Alexa app on your phone? I had some issues with the car correctly loading my phone information, but it went away once I installed Alexa.

Theoretically, it should not matter and it should pull the data via the bluetooth connection, but it may be supplementing it with data pulled via the Alexa app as well.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not real excited about signing up for Alexa or sharing my contacts with them. I am hoping that they company can resolve the issue soon. Unfortunately, it has been 1 month, and I still cannot really use my phone (unless I am willing to dial by number) to make outbound calls. I still have gotten no help from the company. I am a little surprised that they have not had more complaints about this, given I would suspect that most Lucid owners have as many contacts in their phone as I do. Which makes me worried that this issue is specific to my car.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not real excited about signing up for Alexa or sharing my contacts with them. I am hoping that they company can resolve the issue soon. Unfortunately, it has been 1 month, and I still cannot really use my phone (unless I am willing to dial by number) to make outbound calls. I still have gotten no help from the company. I am a little surprised that they have not had more complaints about this, given I would suspect that most Lucid owners have as many contacts in their phone as I do. Which makes me worried that this issue is specific to my car.
I just checked mine and I have a total of 735 contacts. Never had an issue syncing with Alexa

If this was a legitimate response from support or actually a root cause for an issue, this is purely unacceptable BS

True, but I'd Alexa is the built in app, and ytsandal doesn't want to use it to sync with the car...I'm not sure what Lucid is supposed to do quickly? I genuinely don't know how any of this stuff integrates. Is it easy to program another way to load contacts and sync them to the UI?

True, but I'd Alexa is the built in app, and ytsandal doesn't want to use it to sync with the car...I'm not sure what Lucid is supposed to do quickly? I genuinely don't know how any of this stuff integrates. Is it easy to program another way to load contacts and sync them to the UI?
FWIW if you have an iPhone you can always just ask Siri to place the call. If your iPhone is connected via bluetooth it works just fine. I have placed calls both ways; using Alexa and also using Siri.

I'm having a similar issue. The service person in Scottsdale thought there was a setting to re-sync contacts that I was going to try next time I take it in (waiting on a new steering wheel). However, in the meantime I just use Siri and it works just fine. I may decide not to even load my contacts since Siri is working so well at this point.

Back