Issue with home charging

Cali Bob

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Had the lucid air touring over a year now and have noticed that when I plug into charge every now and then it will just have stopped. Then when I open the app it seems to start again. It's almost like the car going to sleep is turning off its ability to charge. Anyone have any ideas why this may have started happening?

If for some reason charging is interrupted long enough by the charger, the car will go to sleep and stop charging until it is awakened by key or phone app.
This can happen if you try to use a charging station's charge scheduler rather than the car's, or if the charger reduces its output to zero for a while because it is programmed to charge the car only with excess solar power, and a passing cloud or an air conditioner turning on eliminated the excess.

I had this sort of problem last year. Eventually tracked it down to poor wiring in the 14-50 outlet, which was getting very hot. The cable would interrupt charging. But if you later woke up the car when it had cooled, it would start again. I fixed it by having an electrician remove the outlet and hard wire a ChargePoint charger instead.

Thanks for the suggestions, given that it is at home only really I will keep an eye on it and check to see if it is the home wiring

Back