Is this normal for the headlights?

tkhan456

Cars
Lucid Air GT
My headlights have these 2 dead spots (see pic of the light below) They’ve had them for a while. Is this normal?
1E9B02D4-000D-41D5-9442-58A7E2C089CC.jpeg

ok. I thought I heard somewhere it was, but why? They seem so random
Supposedly further away it's a dead spot for oncoming drivers.

Yeah, it’s so your lights don’t blind oncoming drivers.

Yea, I thought it was strange as well, but like everyone said, it's normal. I think matrix headlights were approved but NHTSA still needs to come up with tests for them...who knows how long that will take.

I can understand the idea but why are my black spots noticed on the ground around 100ft ahead of the vehicle? Are headlights not aligned correctly? I cant see how the blind spot reflected on the ground has anything to do with helping oncoming drivers.

I can understand the idea but why are my black spots noticed on the ground around 100ft ahead of the vehicle? Are headlights not aligned correctly? I cant see how the blind spot reflected on the ground has anything to do with helping oncoming drivers.
If you can find a dark stretch of road that is wide enough, you'll see that the black spots converge into 1 where oncoming drivers would be. Their research must have shown that is where the most sensitivity is. This assumes a flat road with no incline/decline. As the car/road angles change, where the dark spots land also changes - at least on my car. My daughter commented on the dark spots and after I explained it to her, she apparently kept watching and announced that she saw it converge and it was approximately where oncoming traffic would be.

If you always see the dark spots about 100 feet in front and the same distance apart, then you should contact service.

I asked the service center in Scottsdale about this and she had no idea why this was and said they would check out when the car goes in this week. Guess I can tell her never mind. Surprised that she didn’t know.

If you can find a dark stretch of road that is wide enough, you'll see that the black spots converge into 1 where oncoming drivers would be. Their research must have shown that is where the most sensitivity is. This assumes a flat road with no incline/decline. As the car/road angles change, where the dark spots land also changes - at least on my car. My daughter commented on the dark spots and after I explained it to her, she apparently kept watching and announced that she saw it converge and it was approximately where oncoming traffic would be.

If you always see the dark spots about 100 feet in front and the same distance apart, then you should contact service.
... or your eye doctor

I've got two dark spots in my headlight pattern too... super annoying. No other car I've driven has this. does not make sense that those are to avoid blinding an oncoming driver as they are just at random spots that are incredibly unlikely to be exactly where an oncoming driver's head is. If so, it will be just for a tiny instant... seems crazy.

I've got two dark spots in my headlight pattern too... super annoying. No other car I've driven has this. does not make sense that those are to avoid blinding an oncoming driver as they are just at random spots that are incredibly unlikely to be exactly where an oncoming driver's head is. If so, it will be just for a tiny instant... seems crazy.
This has been discussed at length, is intentional, and does work, based on reports from this forum.

Back