RESOLVED Is the Lidar blocked message related to ceramic coating?? [answer: no]

For owners who have gotten the lidar blocked message, have you had ceramic coating?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halodde

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I never got the message in any kind of precipitation (except heavy snow) before today. But when I picked up my car from getting ceramic done, in the lightest rain, I'm getting the message now. Trying to figure out if these are related.

IIRC didn't one of the latest software updates talk about changes to blocked sensor notifications? FWIW I do have ceramic coating, but I rarely, if ever, get that message in light rain, but I do get it in heavy rain.

No coating, no message ever over 10k miles.

A recent software update addressed the "sensor blocked" error.

I have ceramic and never gotten the error. And I drove from DC to Utah in intense winter storms and rain, and no error there either. So I'm unaffected both ways.

After I reached Utah I got ceramic and ppf, no issues still

I first got the message a few days after taking delivery. I don't think it's ceramic coating.

I have no ceramic coating. Just got the car 2 days ago and I had that message pop up during the rain yesterday. It was intermittent though even with no change in how hard the rain was falling

I think at this point, the definitive answer to this question is no. There does not seem to be any correlation between ceramic and the LiDAR warning.

I agree. If the mods think this poll is confusing, feel free to remove it.

I agree. If the mods think this poll is confusing, feel free to remove it.
To be clear, I think it was a perfectly legit hypothesis, and I’m glad you asked. But it does seem to have been definitely disproven at this point.

I hope Lucid gets to the bottom of these warnings soon. I’m going to close the thread in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back