Interior and exterior modifications

Please disregard my specification request for the HRE wheels. I notice you had it in your posting.

HRE p101sc wheels finished in "brushed dark clear" to replace OEM 21's

Did you remove the sun visors on the inside? I am going to wait to see in person, but I suspect I will have them removed.

Did you remove the sun visors on the inside? I am going to wait to see in person, but I suspect I will have them removed.
No I ended up not removing the sun visors although I think @thecodingart did. I used another forum trick - extend the visor as much as possible and then deflect the thing as far to the side as possible. If you're 5'9 or shorter like I am, then the visor will be almost completely out of the way and won't interfere with anything. I barely notice it anymore but it's there just in case I need it.

No I ended up not removing the sun visors although I think @thecodingart did. I used another forum trick - extend the visor as much as possible and then deflect the thing as far to the side as possible. If you're 5'9 or shorter like I am, then the visor will be almost completely out of the way and won't interfere with anything. I barely notice it anymore but it's there just in case I need it.
I’m 5’10” and the visors were driving me nuts. My wife is 5’ and it was perfect for her 😅. They were removed within a week from my car. I have a lingering post with photos somewhere.

Originally, I really liked the stock black lucid GT but I eventually decided that the contrast between the black and the silver was too jarring as it was. Overall, I wanted very subtle changes to create a stealthier, sleeker, more aggressive and unified look but still maintain some of the original design elements. So I decided on the following exterior mods:

1. Full Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF
2. Full ceramic coat on top
3. Brushed carbon vinyl accent wrap to replace the original silver top trim - when this trim reflects different types of light, it can still have an almost silvery sheen to it which is one of the reasons I chose it
4. Brushed titanium vinyl accent wrap to replace the original silver trim on the front, mirrors, side rails, and back strips - the color of the brushed titanium seemed more interesting to me and wasn't such a jarring contrast to the gloss black body paint compared to the original silver
5. Midnight blue wrap to front Lucid lettering
6. Midnight blue paint to Lucid rear lettering and "Air" rear lettering - wanted to blend this lettering and make it stick out less, also to match the color mods elsewhere
7. Midnight blue paint to calipers
8. HRE p101sc wheels finished in "brushed dark clear" to replace OEM 21's
9. 50% tint over entire front windshield and 20% to the sides and back (3M ceramic)

View attachment 3652

View attachment 3655
View attachment 3656
View attachment 3658
View attachment 3659
View attachment 3660

The interior mods were fairly minor:

1. Full ceramic coat
2. Fingerprint resistant screen protector to the central console
3. PPF wrap to the central buttons because fingerprints/discolorations were starting to show
4. PPF wrap to the inner silver side steps at the doors - probably silly, but whatever lol (what I really should've done was wrap the inner trunk strip but I forgot about it)
5. I've been experimenting with those static cling sun shades and found one that fits almost perfectly overhead. You can't see it when you're sitting in the driver seat so it doesn't really detract from the aesthetics but I think it does help to reject more heat. Might be a useful trick for those who still feel like the overhead sun gets too hot through the glass canopy.

Next post hopefully I can get around to reviewing my wheel replacement and what I've noticed so far about impact on range, performance, etc!
Where did you get the Fingerprint resistant screen protector to the central console?

Where did you get the Fingerprint resistant screen protector to the central cons
Originally, I really liked the stock black lucid GT but I eventually decided that the contrast between the black and the silver was too jarring as it was. Overall, I wanted very subtle changes to create a stealthier, sleeker, more aggressive and unified look but still maintain some of the original design elements. So I decided on the following exterior mods:

3. Brushed carbon vinyl accent wrap to replace the original silver top trim - when this trim reflects different types of light, it can still have an almost silvery sheen to it which is one of the reasons I chose it
4. Brushed titanium vinyl accent wrap to replace the original silver trim on the front, mirrors, side rails, and back strips - the color of the brushed titanium seemed more interesting to me and wasn't such a jarring contrast to the gloss black body paint compared to the original silver
6. Midnight blue paint to Lucid rear lettering and "Air" rear lettering - wanted to blend this lettering and make it stick out less, also to match the color mods elsewhere
9. 50% tint over entire front windshield and 20% to the sides and back (3M ceramic)

View attachment 3652

View attachment 3655
View attachment 3656
View attachment 3658
View attachment 3659
View attachment 3660

1. Full ceramic coat
3. PPF wrap to the central buttons because fingerprints/discolorations were starting to show
4. PPF wrap to the inner silver side steps at the doors - probably silly, but whatever lol (what I really should've done was wrap the inner trunk strip but I forgot about it)
5. I've been experimenting with those static cling sun shades and found one that fits almost perfectly overhead. You can't see it when you're sitting in the driver seat so it doesn't really detract from the aesthetics but I think it does help to reject more heat. Might be a useful trick for those who still feel like the overhead sun gets too hot through the glass canopy.

Next post hopefully I can get around to reviewing my wheel replacement and what I've noticed so far about impact on range, performance, etc!
Absolutely beautiful!

Where did you get the Fingerprint resistant screen protector to the central console?

Saw your car on Twitter today....loving it!

View attachment 3652

View attachment 3655
View attachment 3656
View attachment 3658
View attachment 3659
View attachment 3660

1. Full ceramic coat

Wow! A head turner for sure. Amazing how these changes can transform an already stunning vehicle to something out of this exosphere.

The HRE's look really nice! Did you notice any difference in driving dynamics with the (assuming) lighter wheels?
I personally noticed what seemed to me like a huge difference. The ride definitely felt smoother and seemed more nimble. I think it even gave me a small range bump but I don’t have solid mathematical proof of that. But it didn’t drastically reduce my range, which is something I feared since it’s in no way an aero wheel. Total weight difference versus OEM wheels was 60lbs.

I personally noticed what seemed to me like a huge difference. The ride definitely felt smoother and seemed more nimble. I think it even gave me a small range bump but I don’t have solid mathematical proof of that. But it didn’t drastically reduce my range, which is something I feared since it’s in no way an aero wheel. Total weight difference versus OEM wheels was 60lbs.
If you're dropping 15 lbs a corner, you will certainly notice a more nimble driving experience. Any chance you have the wheel specifications? Looking to put together a repository of aftermarket wheels on Air for others to be able to use for data points. Feel free to PM me if easier.

If you're dropping 15 lbs a corner, you will certainly notice a more nimble driving experience. Any chance you have the wheel specifications? Looking to put together a repository of aftermarket wheels on Air for others to be able to use for data points. Feel free to PM me if easier.
Hm I'm not sure. What specs do you want? I can ask my wheel guy or HRE directly.

View attachment 3652

View attachment 3655
View attachment 3656
View attachment 3658
View attachment 3659
View attachment 3660

1. Full ceramic coat

View attachment 3652

View attachment 3655
View attachment 3656
View attachment 3658
View attachment 3659
View attachment 3660

1. Full ceramic coat

Can you provide any specifics on the static cling sun shades you found that fit?

Back