Interim CEO claims L2++ EoY and L4 by 2029

It's an assumption, but we know it has less compute than the Gravity, which uses Orin. No cars using Nvidia's hardware are capable of, or are suggesting they will be capable of, urban driving unless they have Orin or better.
To be fair, when it came to the Air, Lucid never promised anything other than Highway assisted features either.
 
It's an assumption, but we know it has less compute than the Gravity, which uses Orin. No cars using Nvidia's hardware are capable of, or are suggesting they will be capable of, urban driving unless they have Orin or better.
Seems to be quite accurate on your end. DDP in air is not going to improve much if at all. Add it to the list of disappointments.

I had such high hopes for the company. But I sold all my Lucid stock last year because I didn't like how the company is being run... Perfect example right here even though the current CEO is not the one who touted DDP 4 years ago. The current CEO is the one ignoring the promises of the previous leadership.

When I bought my car 3 years ago, I (falsely) assumed that many of the limitations of the company and car had at the time would have been addressed by now. Yet they continue. Sigh.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260106_135351_X.webp
    Screenshot_20260106_135351_X.webp
    72.4 KB · Views: 195
So a 10k hardware for line centering and adaptive speed on highways ( i mean early buyers). Lucid should not ditch us on this when other brands with less hardware are delivering city driving with line centering and traffic aware and stuff like that.
And hands free. Which works great. To date, the Air is further ahead in DDP than Gravity is in DDP2.
 
And hands free. Which works great. To date, the Air is further ahead in DDP than Gravity is in DDP2.
Yes, handsfree works great. But that is also limited to many situations and needs more improvement. I hope they do.
But what is the point in them selling it even now when confirming it is not capable of. This is not good showcasing of the company. There is nothing except disappointment for me considering i bought it on the promise of what Air can do better than competition. It would have been a completely different story if i have leased it :(.
 
Why did we pay 10K 3 years ago???
I purchased EAP in 2016 on a Model X. I remember traveling in the right lane at 70mph on I-5 when EAP couldn't recognize that I wanted to continue straight and veered suddenly toward an exit. Since then, it has only occasionally tried to kill me, including once after 8+ years of software refinement. He-who-shall-not-be-named removed the use of radar in existing vehicles that were hardware-equipped, leaving us more often blinded by sun and the elements.

Fast forward to 2023. I purchased the AT, but removed DDPro from my order because of the staff layoffs. I figured that there woud be substantial delays in development. Still annoyed that lane centering, promised by my SA and included in generic descriptions of DreamDrive, was not included in the base package.

The upgrade price to DDPro is $6750, but having paid for DDPremium and really only wanting lane centering to be included in that package, I can't justify the upgrade. A light touch on the steering wheel is enough to keep it centered.

I can honestily say that if Lucid Air added lane centering to the DDPremium package, it would remove my only pain point with the vehicle. But I have a vehicle that rarely has a software glitch, is dependable, and a joy to drive, so after all is said in done, I'm glad I removed DDPro, even with the added features it now has.
 
Yes, handsfree works great. But that is also limited to many situations and needs more improvement. I hope they do.
But what is the point in them selling it even now when confirming it is not capable of. This is not good showcasing of the company. There is nothing except disappointment for me considering i bought it on the promise of what Air can do better than competition. It would have been a completely different story if i have leased it :(.
I think this is just the unfortunate reality of the current environment, where autonomy and AI are rapidly improving. Unfortunately it takes years to redesign cars, so you naturally end up with some cars from the same manufacturer that are more advanced than others. For example, Gravity is more advanced than the Air, but even that won't get the L3 or L4 planned for the end of the decade.
 
I think this is just the unfortunate reality of the current environment, where autonomy and AI are rapidly improving. Unfortunately it takes years to redesign cars, so you naturally end up with some cars from the same manufacturer that are more advanced than others. For example, Gravity is more advanced than the Air, but even that won't get the L3 or L4 planned for the end of the decade.
Ok, but all this proves me wrong with what i thought Tesla of. Tesla’s that are 7,8 years old are able to drive in cities with lane changes, traffic awareness and more. But here we are where Lucid said we are lightyears ahead and just after 4, 5 years saying our cars are not capable is full on BS.

I wish i would have not heard abut Lucid when i came to know about this brand. I still love my car bit i hate being betrayed by a company that i though is a major pivot what Tesla has done wrong.
 
Yes, handsfree works great. But that is also limited to many situations and needs more improvement. I hope they do.
But what is the point in them selling it even now when confirming it is not capable of. This is not good showcasing of the company. There is nothing except disappointment for me considering i bought it on the promise of what Air can do better than competition. It would have been a completely different story if i have leased it :(.
The car isn’t obsolete just because technology improved. Otherwise, nearly all cars would be obsolete.
 
I will rest my case here, i feel being betrayed again like Tesla and all this companies don't work for consumer. I convince myself again and agin and Lucid keeps me pushing why you are here still.
 
I will rest my case here, i feel being betrayed again like Tesla and all this companies don't work for consumer. I convince myself again and agin and Lucid keeps me pushing why you are here still.
You have every right to be annoyed. In 2021, Lucid promised features they're now not delivering. There's a difference between having hardware as standard in a car, making promises and then not delivering, you didn't pay any extra so it is what it is. But when a company charged $10,000 and promoted features that is now saying the hardware doesn't support? That's shady.

How the likes of Tesla and Lucid haven't been sued for this over false advertising is beyond me. It's a lesson learned for all though, don't trust what they advertise and pony up additional money for it because they're allowed to reneg and get away with it.

1767729720430.webp
1767729741467.webp

1767729767955.webp
1767729783870.webp
 
Just lost our Lucid pure in an accident. It had DDP which we only wanted for the promised future updates. I intended to replace that car with the same but not now. Seems likely Gravity owners are heading down the same road in a couple years when the Earth or whatever comes along.
 
You have every right to be annoyed. In 2021, Lucid promised features they're now not delivering. There's a difference between having hardware as standard in a car, making promises and then not delivering, you didn't pay any extra so it is what it is. But when a company charged $10,000 and promoted features that is now saying the hardware doesn't support? That's shady.

How the likes of Tesla and Lucid haven't been sued for this over false advertising is beyond me. It's a lesson learned for all though, don't trust what they advertise and pony up additional money for it because they're allowed to reneg and get away with it.

View attachment 35695View attachment 35696
View attachment 35697View attachment 35698
Yes, and they will backtrack on eyeoff too at some point.
 
1) Everyone (not just Musk) thought driving autonomy wasn't that hard. Tony Seba said we'd have it by 2020. Mobileye's CEO was promising it by 2021. In 2017, Uber promised to buy 20,000 Volvos to convert to driverless. Etc.
Everybody actually working on autonomy (for the previous 20+ years) knew exactly how hard it is. CEOs trying to fluff the stock price by promising "coming soon" has no bearing on the actual work needed. Mobileye's execs and investors made *billions* off this -- including a $15.3bn acquisition by Intel. They've also missed every promise and target.
 
Just lost our Lucid pure in an accident. It had DDP which we only wanted for the promised future updates. I intended to replace that car with the same but not now. Seems likely Gravity owners are heading down the same road in a couple years when the Earth or whatever comes along.
Disagree. Level 4 was never promised for Gravity. Lucid was purposely vague on future capabilities. It promised hands off highway driving and hinted at Level 2++ but no more. I have a new Gravity and if I get Level 2++ by end of year (or more realistically early to mid 2026) I will be a happy camper. Yes Level 4 would be nice to have eventually but even if Gravity had Thor, it is probably going to be some years before cars jump through the regulatory hurdles of full Level 4.
 
I like to pummel Polestar for their software (the Polestar 3 is a fabulous vehicle itself), but they have promised they will replace the processor that came with the car only a year ago and update with a new controller with an up-to-date processor.

I've got to give them props for spending the money and keeping the car competitive to its peers.
 
I have an '25 Air. I wouldn't expect this to be available on my car (unless had stated that it would be).
 
I'm not saying it would be right, but I could live with the Air's DDP not getting past L3. Anything less demands some form of restitution. Just as Lucid progressively dropped the price of DDP as they progressively watered down their 'promises', it would only be appropriate for Lucid to refund the difference between the sticker price of what was promised at the time of purchase, and the relative value of where the product ended up. In my case, that DDP sticker price was a whopping $9k, along with the promises to justify it. I'm not at all a litigious person, but that is one class action suit that I will get in line for.

Speaking as one of Lucid's semi-early adopters, I think it was unconscionable for Lucid's acting CEO to wheel out a bunch of autonomy promises to the Gravity buyers and the upcoming mid-size buyers, and not say one word about how they would at least mitigate the level of disappointment to those Air DDP buyers who helped get this company off the ground... at least in part because of promises made.
 
Last edited:
What are we getting first in the Gravity: L2++ or Android Auto? Place your bets! 🤣
 
Back
Top