Insurance Megathread

My insurance is through Costco Connect. I called them today to get a ballpark figure for the Air Touring. We currently have Volvo S90 and Volvo XC40 pure electric. Current 6 mo. premium is $647, and will go up to $711 if I replace the S90 with the Lucid. Sounds very good to me, I expected it to be more. However, we have a completely clean driving record, no accidents or tickets, and that helps quite a bit. I highly recommend checking out Costco if you are a member.
You should recheck with Costco connect, as their system is defaulting to the Pure MSRP price of $77,400 and not the Grand or Touring price. My first Quote with a VIN came back really good, but when I went to actually insure my GT and they realized the MSRP of $139k they had to send it to underwriting and I’m still waiting for a final quote price. Best of Luck with you Touring.

Wawanesa
100/300/100
$2260 / year
CA

You should recheck with Costco connect, as their system is defaulting to the Pure MSRP price of $77,400 and not the Grand or Touring price. My first Quote with a VIN came back really good, but when I went to actually insure my GT and they realized the MSRP of $139k they had to send it to underwriting and I’m still waiting for a final quote price. Best of Luck with you Touring.
Thanks Easy, good to know that. I'm getting the touring, so should be somewhere in between if Costco Connect will insure it.

Almost exactly what Farmers quoted us. $1000/$250 deductibles.
Never had luck with Farmers or StateFarm. Just way too high because they just refuse to factor my driving history in Australia. Progressive was $3200 for the Lucid

Never had luck with Farmers or StateFarm. Just way too high because they just refuse to factor my driving history in Australia. Progressive was $3200 for the Lucid
Only have Farmers now because everyone is cancelling our Home policy in CA. First AAA, then Travellers who was the only one who would insure us after the AAA cancelation. Now we are with Farmers.

Yeah why is that!!!
More theft, vandalism? Not sure really, but it was consistently expensive across multiple insurance quotes

I called Costco Connect to get a quote (without VIN) and was told that Connect would not insure cars over about $100K, and they referred me to Progressive for a quote on the AGT. This is in NC, and it may be different for other states. Connect is essentially going through an independent insurance agent. With the new price increase it doesn't look like they will be insuring many, if any, Lucids in the future, unless they raise the insurance limit.

I called Costco Connect to get a quote (without VIN) and was told that Connect would not insure cars over about $100K, and they referred me to Progressive for a quote on the AGT. This is in NC, and it may be different for other states. Connect is essentially going through an independent insurance agent. With the new price increase it doesn't look like they will be insuring many, if any, Lucids in the future, unless they raise the insurance limit.
I am in CA., talked to Costco Connect, and the agent gave me an estimated quote based on the vehicle value (I too have no vin), which I told her was $110,000. Did not mention price limit. I hope my agent is right, but time will tell.

Since I received my GT VIN, I've been checking around with different insurance companies for my location in east central Florida. I will only drive the car about 6,000 miles per year, but it will be my primary car. Rate quotes have generally been in the range of $1200-1600 per year. I currently have both home and auto coverage with AAA, but they've refused to insure the Lucid. They told me it is "not on our vehicle covered list." So, now I'm looking around at both new car and home policies, as I'm rather irked with AAA.

Since I received my GT VIN, I've been checking around with different insurance companies for my location in east central Florida. I will only drive the car about 6,000 miles per year, but it will be my primary car. Rate quotes have generally been in the range of $1200-1600 per year. I currently have both home and auto coverage with AAA, but they've refused to insure the Lucid. They told me it is "not on our vehicle covered list." So, now I'm looking around at both new car and home policies, as I'm rather irked with AAA.
I ran into the same issue with AAA.

@Easyrider949 - any update on your GT insurance?

I received a quote from Pure Insurance for approx. $6004 per year for my Grand Touring I live in South Florida, but this quote seems high to me. Any recommendations?

I received a quote from Pure Insurance for approx. $6004 per year for my Grand Touring I live in South Florida, but this quote seems high to me. Any recommendations?
That sounds very high. Not sure about Florida, but Allstate in NJ was $1500/year

I'm in east central Florida (New Smyrna Beach), and, as I posted above, my quotes from GEICO, State Form, Progressive, and eSurance were in the approximate range of $1200 to $1600 per year.

I'd recommend you check around more.

I am in NH. USAA quoted me $1850/yr. 200/500, comp and collision deductible of $500, and car replacement value of ACV plus 20% for total loss. With my allroad the annual premium would be $1330 to cover both cars, which seems odd to me, but that is what they confirmed. No VIN yet so I am not 100% certain about the quote. I did not shop the quote, but will when I get a VIN.

Back