Incorrect VIN# on Contract

Vinny

Cars
23’ Pure
Has anyone had their VIN# changed? My promised build VIN# isn’t the one on my contract I signed or the one on my Pure. I ordered 20” wheels, received 20” wheels but my sticker, KBB, my insurance company etc shows 19” wheels. What happened? My tire pressure sticker on the door jam shows 19” tires, Lucid Service data shows 19” wheels. They said they will investigate. That was over a month ago. It’s obvious my original VIN was shipped and arrived to Belmont, Ca. w the 20” tires. For some reason the VIN was changed, I wasn’t informed and I received a different car. Any ideas???

When you say they will investigate, is this the service center or your delivery advisor? I have not heard of this happening before. Keep us posted on what happens.

The delivery advisor/rep. (initials JP) told me “you already signed the contract, but I’ll look into it”. I never heard back. A different advisor who was trying to help me said that my VIN was released to another party while I was in NYC and I was issued another VIN for a in-stock vehicle in Belmont, Ca. (this was done without my knowledge by the service center). He stated my original VIN for my Pure arrived from Casa Grande with the 20” wheels ($1,599 upgrade) as ordered, however it was given to a different party. The exchanged VIN which I currently possess was manufactured with 19” wheels (my tire information on the door jam sticker also states 19” tires) but has 20” wheels. This is due to the service center switching the 19” wheels to 20” wheels to accommodate my upgrade. Unfortunately this created multiple problems. The first was the software was loaded for 19” wheels, not 20”. They had my car for over a week to fix it. The TPM failed was another problem. Contacting Lucid and explaining the problems were difficult since their own data stated my VIN has 19” wheels. Where I am now is that Customer Service advisor said he has submitted paperwork for a resolve. The resolve is to provide me the 19” wheels the VIN was manufactured with and refund the $1,500 upgrade I paid for the 20” wheels. I loved Lucid, waited 2+ years to get mine, have been spreading the word on their models and a stockholder. Now I wonder why they were deceptive about switching wheels and the VIN of my Pure. I never noticed the VIN change on my contract, I trusted that they wouldn’t change numbers, but they did. Still waiting to hear something. I’m just now contacting corporate for some help or may have to get a mediator.

I've had my VIN changed, but I was working with the DA on this, so it was with my knowledge and approval. My car became available 3 1/2 months ahead of the original estimate the DA had originally given me. I wasn't ready to take posession of the car. I didn't have the funds available, didn't have my home charger set up. So he gave my car to someone else who wanted similar specs and assigned me a new VIN and we agreed on a delivery date close to the original estimate.

I've had my VIN changed, but I was working with the DA on this, so it was with my knowledge and approval. My car became available 3 1/2 months ahead of the original estimate the DA had originally given me. I wasn't ready to take posession of the car. I didn't have the funds available, didn't have my home charger set up. So he gave my car to someone else who wanted similar specs and assigned me a new VIN and we agreed on a delivery date close to the original estimate.
I’m happy to say that a day after reaching out to this forum, Lucid has agreed to remedy my situation. Thank you Forum!

Back